TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting  (Read 53303 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: October 10, 2020, 05:48:41 PM »

That is just bizarre. Their runoff wasn't even all that contentious. They both largely avoided personal attacks.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #576 on: October 10, 2020, 06:05:52 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #577 on: October 10, 2020, 07:31:00 PM »

Yeah, it appears Hegar was objectively really great during the debate last night. Good for her.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #578 on: October 11, 2020, 02:21:50 AM »

I'm tired of all these politicians who need their ego to be constantly stroked.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #579 on: October 11, 2020, 04:17:15 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2020, 04:38:17 AM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

bros, TX geography is like suuuuuuper favorable to democrats. I drew a congressional map where John Cornyn only wins 20/36 seats in 2014 LOL

and it's not even *that* messy

I was even able to squeeze in two entire congressional seats completely within Bexar county that both voted for alameel haha

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #580 on: October 11, 2020, 04:43:01 PM »

Some very interesting insight into Unbeatable Titan John Cornyn's career and modus operandi (written from a D-friendly perspective, but definitely worth reading in its entirety):

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2020/10/06/locked-in-a-tough-race-sen-john-cornyn-tries-to-put-on-a-moderate-face-dont-buy-it-critics-say

I always thought Cornyn was significantly more vulnerable to the ‘principle-less career politician/party hack who’s tied to leadership/corrupt establishment/corporate donors’ line of attack than Cruz, but not sure if Democrats have done a good job of executing it.
Roblox

« Reply #581 on: October 11, 2020, 06:08:57 PM »

I, for one, admire John Cornyn’s dedication to posting all day on twitter. Like, I think a couple dozen a day. If he wins it’ll be due to voters respecting the poster’s spirit, obviously.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #582 on: October 12, 2020, 07:43:13 AM »

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #583 on: October 12, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

A potential benefit to Hegar (that no other Senate candidate has this cycle as far as I know) is the supremely well-funded and high-profile effort to turn out the state's Dem voters to flip the State House. This type of heavily targeted regional turnout could create a situation that actually produces upward coattails, especially if Biden closes strongly in the state.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2020, 01:54:29 AM »

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #585 on: October 13, 2020, 09:18:12 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2020, 11:32:13 AM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

I've never bought into the "UT John Cornyn" schtick but he is at least doing outreach.

Combined with Royce West publicly rejecting Hegar, the incumbent is looking a bit more comfortable here than I'd first expected him to (relative to other Senate GOP candidates, that is).

edit: sorry for reposting that tweet above - it's what I was referring to
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #586 on: October 13, 2020, 11:27:58 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #587 on: October 13, 2020, 11:31:27 AM »

I guess he wants Mitch McConnell to block legislation for the next two years and the supreme court to strike down the aca
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #588 on: October 13, 2020, 12:39:25 PM »

I think Royce knew exactly what he was doing.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #589 on: October 13, 2020, 12:53:04 PM »

Apparently 97% of eligible voters in Travis County are registered to vote in the upcoming election which is obviously excellent news.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #590 on: October 13, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »

Wait, Royce really said he wouldn't even *vote* for Hegar? WTF?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #591 on: October 13, 2020, 01:57:02 PM »

Apparently 97% of eligible voters in Travis County are registered to vote in the upcoming election which is obviously excellent news.
As sirwoodbury would say, OOOOHYEAHHH
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #592 on: October 13, 2020, 02:24:38 PM »

Royce West is an idiot. That's all I have to say for now.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #593 on: October 13, 2020, 03:13:13 PM »

There goes his future in Texas politics, total idiot
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #594 on: October 13, 2020, 04:12:53 PM »

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #595 on: October 13, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »

Attempting to dig the bullet out of his foot, I see
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #596 on: October 15, 2020, 02:01:02 PM »

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #597 on: October 15, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2020, 08:03:12 PM by Monstro Believes in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

Hegar seems to be peaking at the absolute best time. "Cornyn will easily outperform Trump & Cruz" is quickly proving to be one of the worst, if not the worst, Senate take of the year.

The more effort I see by Beto, TX Dems & the Senate Majority PAC, the less worried I am of Biden's lack of resources here (Compared to other non-tipping point red states). TX feels like the perfect state for Biden to get reverse coattails in, based on the huge momentum surrounding Dems flipping the State House.

Hell, I'm more interested in the Senate, Congressional & State House races rather than Biden winning TX. If high early turnout with high registration rates are any indication of enthusiasm, we may be in for a TX-sized surprise that I couldn't have predicted just a week ago (Even if Biden comes close but doesn't win here)

EDIT: I wonder if the Texas GOP shot themselves in the foot at the finish line with their week-long war on dropboxes & Harris County, in my mind, signaling to Texas & the nation that it's officially a purple state.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #598 on: October 16, 2020, 05:18:53 AM »

Hegar seems to be peaking at the absolute best time. "Cornyn will easily outperform Trump & Cruz" is quickly proving to be one of the worst, if not the worst, Senate take of the year.

The more effort I see by Beto, TX Dems & the Senate Majority PAC, the less worried I am of Biden's lack of resources here (Compared to other non-tipping point red states). TX feels like the perfect state for Biden to get reverse coattails in, based on the huge momentum surrounding Dems flipping the State House.

Hell, I'm more interested in the Senate, Congressional & State House races rather than Biden winning TX. If high early turnout with high registration rates are any indication of enthusiasm, we may be in for a TX-sized surprise that I couldn't have predicted just a week ago (Even if Biden comes close but doesn't win here)

EDIT: I wonder if the Texas GOP shot themselves in the foot at the finish line with their week-long war on dropboxes & Harris County, in my mind, signaling to Texas & the nation that it's officially a purple state.

The one "bright spot" if you can say from all of the GOP hackery, is that it signals to the Dem base that they've got to go out and vote. It turbocharges turnout for the opposition when they think the other side is trying to take their vote away.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #599 on: October 16, 2020, 06:23:51 AM »

The one "bright spot" if you can say from all of the GOP hackery, is that it signals to the Dem base that they've got to go out and vote. It turbocharges turnout for the opposition when they think the other side is trying to take their vote away.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening in Georgia. The way the Texas GOP is going about it is foolish, particularly in the midst of news of record-high voter registration
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies