TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:25:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting  (Read 53813 times)
new_patomic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 22, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »

Tough like Texas

xavier110
United States
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2020, 02:35:52 PM »

The balls of this man lol

The mask

It's all such an eye roll
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2020, 02:37:22 PM »

However, you have to consider the only voting group in TX that matters are Moderate Suburban Republicans™, and they love this kind of stuff.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #628 on: October 22, 2020, 02:42:17 PM »

However, you have to consider the only voting group in TX that matters are Moderate Suburban Republicans™, and they love this kind of stuff.

He is sprinting from The Donald. I really wonder if Biden ekes out Texas. Cornyn would not be doing this otherwise.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #629 on: October 22, 2020, 02:46:20 PM »

He is sprinting from The Donald. I really wonder if Biden ekes out Texas. Cornyn would not be doing this otherwise.

Biden is definately highly competative in TX and the state really could go either way. Cornyn doesn't need to outperform Trump by much, but he will need to outperform by at least a few points to be relatively safe, which is hard in a state as big as TX where it's harder to be a local politician. Only way he can get good crossover in a state like TX is sticking to a vague ideology that just paints him as a nice guy without specifying his party.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #630 on: October 22, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2020, 02:53:34 PM by Torrain »

I'm with Wasserman. Cornyn wants to win back those suburban voters that left the GOP due to disgust with Trump, and has decided that pearl-clutching is the way to do it.

Never mind the fact that he's supported a man known for his vulgarity, both in vocabulary and policy.

I just hope this isn't effective.

And the whole "Cornyn is a moderate, bipartisan Senator who knows how to make progress in Washington" just feels exceptionally fake, given his record. The man was Mitch McConnell's majority whip for crying out loud.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #631 on: October 22, 2020, 04:10:36 PM »

I believe Biden will carry Texas, but Cornyn will win re-election.

I know a lot of Republicans down here that think that Trump is the only problem with the GOP and plan to vote for Biden but all republicans downballot. You can explain to them that they (GOP members of congress) are enablers who support Trump's agenda and refuse to speak out, but at the end of the day, they are going out of their comfort zone by voting democratic on the presidential level. Asking them to support democrats downballot is simply too much for them.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #632 on: October 22, 2020, 04:19:47 PM »

The balls of this man lol

The mask

It's all such an eye roll

It has been merely 12 years since "Big Bad John" won reelection by shooting straight, talking straight and enjoying a good brew and now he's a pussy Karen who calls the manager because some woman said "ass"
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #633 on: October 22, 2020, 10:41:03 PM »

HEGAR is done, too many polls have come out showing she is six points down, it's not a race within the margin of error, D's best chances are in IA, GA, SC, KS, MT

She isn't well known like Bollier, Harrison or Bullock to overcome the R tilt of the state
xavier110
United States
« Reply #634 on: October 22, 2020, 11:08:01 PM »

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #635 on: October 22, 2020, 11:25:10 PM »

I really wish Hegar received the unnecessary donations that McGarth got. Could've been put to use much more efficiently in Texas
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #636 on: October 22, 2020, 11:37:21 PM »

MargieCat
United States

« Reply #637 on: October 23, 2020, 01:08:31 AM »

I really wish Hegar received the unnecessary donations that McGarth got. Could've been put to use much more efficiently in Texas
I agree. As much as I hate mitch, he has no chance of being defeated.

With how close Beto got in a midterm, people really should have been donating to Hegar instead of McGrath.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #638 on: October 23, 2020, 01:13:39 AM »

I don't trust the suburbanites , this kind of stuff can work atleast for down ballot races
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #639 on: October 23, 2020, 05:07:23 AM »

I don't trust the suburbanites , this kind of stuff can work atleast for down ballot races

Eh, college educated suburbanites are okay with cursing. I think they care about you ripping away their health care a little more.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #640 on: October 23, 2020, 06:03:27 AM »

Hegar raised $3.7M the first 2 weeks of October. Cornyn only $1.3M.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/22/Cornyn-hegar-fundraising/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #641 on: October 23, 2020, 09:36:49 AM »

She has been behind the whole campaign by 6 pts
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #642 on: October 23, 2020, 10:47:16 AM »

With how close Beto got in a midterm, people really should have been donating to Hegar instead of McGrath.

Hegar has generally been considered a longshot until recently. Not that McGrath isn't, but I don't think this race was on a lot of people's radars once Beto turned down another run.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #643 on: October 23, 2020, 07:10:18 PM »

Hegar has generally been considered a longshot until recently. Not that McGrath isn't, but I don't think this race was on a lot of people's radars once Beto turned down another run.
Hegar should be less of a longshot due to demographics and the fact that Beto got so close in a wave-year.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #644 on: October 23, 2020, 07:15:08 PM »

Hegar should be less of a longshot due to demographics and the fact that Beto got so close in a wave-year.

Right, but people don't hate Cornyn the way they hate McConnell.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #645 on: October 23, 2020, 07:21:38 PM »

People in TX don't know Cornyn the way Kentuckians know McConnell, he is pretty low-profile. And the ones who know him don't really have a favorable opinion of him, like shown in this poll (38/38 favorability, Hegar at 33/24):

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/09/john-cornyn-mj-hegar-texas-poll/

(McConnell has actually better favorables than McGrift according to the most recent KY poll)
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #646 on: October 23, 2020, 07:28:19 PM »

People in TX don't know Cornyn the way Kentuckians know McConnell, he is pretty low-profile. And the ones who know him don't really have a favorable opinion of him, like shown in this poll (38/38 favorability, Hegar at 33/24):

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/09/john-cornyn-mj-hegar-texas-poll/

(McConnell has actually better favorables than McGrift according to the most recent KY poll)

Not that it really matters, but in the context of receiving donations, McConnell is much more hated than Cornyn, since anyone in the US can donate to a Senate candidate -- how they're viewed by their constituency is irrelevant.
walleye26

« Reply #647 on: October 23, 2020, 08:34:30 PM »

According to Harris County Clerk, 69,000 more today, going above 1 million. (1,020,000 to be exact). 1.34 million cast in 2016.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #648 on: October 25, 2020, 01:26:00 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/25/us/politics/texas-house-democrats-republicans.html?smtyp=cur&smid=fb-nytimes&fbclid=IwAR2D90rNTM_OgTAgz3YEHDy-Tx_g67jeonmcCRFQU-Nm8NGfDVMnPyRPebY

Biden-Cornyn voter - a former GOP State Rep from Tarrant County who's also voting for the Democratic State House candidate and the Republican State Senator. People sure do have strange voting habits...
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #649 on: October 28, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies