AustralianSwingVoter for the Fremont Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:28:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AustralianSwingVoter for the Fremont Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AustralianSwingVoter for the Fremont Parliament  (Read 776 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2018, 02:08:07 AM »
« edited: November 19, 2018, 03:49:26 PM by AustralianSwingVoter »

Greetings Fremont

You probably don't know me, indeed I only joined Atlasia very recently (though I have been lurking for over 2 years now). Well now I've joined I'm running for Fremont Parliament for the Centre Party.

Why am I running? Well I'm running because I'm concerned at Fremont's trajectory. Last year we collected $800 Billion dollars of taxes, yet we were only willing to spend about 40% of that ($330 Billion). We have a budget surplus of $470 Billion Dollars, yet we are unwilling to cut taxes. We have a budget surplus of $470 Billion Dollars, yet we are unwilling to increase spending. We have a budget surplus of $470 Billion Dollars, yet we continue to introduce new taxes.
Well I believe this needs to be fixed. If you elect me I shall introduce legislation to cut taxes, and to prune our surplus down to $100 Billion Dollars. That's a promise.

If you elect me I shall introduce new legislation for great new infrastructure projects. The last Parliament tried to wing it, and did the lazy option, attempting to pass the Fremont Infrastructure Enhancement Act, which would fund all infrastructure projects. Well I don't believe in doing things the easy way. I will introduce legislation for individual programs. A new program of Dam-Building, to provide much needed water, to prevent future droughts and keep our agriculture strong, and clean, green, hydroelectric power, so we can retire dirty coal fired power plants. A new program of road-building, so that we can provide new highways, freeways and interstates fit for the needs and demands of the 21st Century. A program to return passenger rail to the rail companies of Fremont, namely BNSF and Union Pacific, and compel them to give passenger trains full priority over freight and to introduce new services on all major lines to provide not just passenger rail service, but competitive passenger rail service, to the people of Fremont. And this is only the start.

To sum up, If you elect me I shall focus on two areas; Tax Cuts and Infrastructure spending. And indeed, I shall get stuff done in these areas for the people of Fremont.
So Thank You Fremont, and I implore you to put AustralianSwingVoter 1 on your ballot on October 19 through 21.

Endorsements:
President North Carolina Yankee
Senator Lechasseur
Lincoln Assemblyman LouisvilleThunder
Candidate for FM Tea Party Hater
Ninja0428
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 02:12:21 AM »

Endorsed!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 02:14:55 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2018, 03:00:15 AM by AustralianSwingVoter »

Thank you Speaker fhtagn!
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 02:18:50 AM »

I wish you luck getting infrastructure bills pass YE.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 02:33:44 AM »

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 03:00:40 AM »

Thank you Assemblyman LouisvilleThunder!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 03:30:41 AM »

Absolutely endorsed!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 03:36:20 AM »

Thank you very much Mr. President.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 03:51:38 AM »

First off, this assumes I win re-election, something I don't think I'm in the best of position to be.

Second off, I'm not a dictator. I'm just one vote in Parliament and even if I were to veto a bill, it's not the end all be all.

Third off, I don't have a problem with infrastructure bills. I have a problem with blindly spending billions on vague bills that don't fuel substantive debate. With that said, I'll admit I should have done a much better job last session in showing through leading by exampling in demonstrating what kind of infrastructure bills that I think are good and thus hold myself accountable for any confusion.

Also taxes in Fremont are not $800 billion. We don't have final numbers for this fiscal year but I'd be surprised if they were more than $200 billion (which to be fair a strong case could be made that that is too high).
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 04:44:12 AM »

First off, this assumes I win re-election, something I don't think I'm in the best of position to be.

Second off, I'm not a dictator. I'm just one vote in Parliament and even if I were to veto a bill, it's not the end all be all.

Third off, I don't have a problem with infrastructure bills. I have a problem with blindly spending billions on vague bills that don't fuel substantive debate. With that said, I'll admit I should have done a much better job last session in showing through leading by exampling in demonstrating what kind of infrastructure bills that I think are good and thus hold myself accountable for any confusion.

Also taxes in Fremont are not $800 billion. We don't have final numbers for this fiscal year but I'd be surprised if they were more than $200 billion (which to be fair a strong case could be made that that is too high).
I'm going off the current budget before amendments, so I probably misinterpreted it in a rush. I unfortunately have a severely malfunctioning computer at the moment, so, yeah. My trackpad is jammed, the sound is broken, the microphone is broken, it charges at half the normal rate, the battery life has degraded to under an hour (it is supposed to be 3 hours), and, of course, it's crashing every half hour.
Rereading the budget and I am talking about total revenue, not taxes, and this is the version of the budget I was working on-
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297906.msg6334379#msg6334379
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 05:00:07 AM »

I'm going off the current budget before amendments, so I probably misinterpreted it in a rush. I unfortunately have a severely malfunctioning computer at the moment, so, yeah. My trackpad is jammed, the sound is broken, the microphone is broken, it charges at half the normal rate, the battery life has degraded to under an hour (it is supposed to be 3 hours), and, of course, it's crashing every half hour.
Rereading the budget and I am talking about total revenue, not taxes, and this is the version of the budget I was working on-

Here is the as of right now present numbers.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 05:40:57 AM »

Here is the as of right now present numbers.

Sorry about that, I've changed my wording to the past tense.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 06:08:05 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2018, 06:11:53 AM by AustralianSwingVoter »

Well I know I'll have better luck than you because I'll actually say what I'm going to spend the money on. And for the record it won't be a useless giant telescope.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 11:11:12 AM »

Endorsed!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 03:39:03 PM »

Thanks comrade!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 12:49:39 AM »

Polls are now open, and I urge all Fremont citizens to put AustralianSwingVoter 1. for Parliament!
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 07:56:10 AM »

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »

Thank you Fremont for electing me to represent you in Parliament!
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 02:32:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fixed
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »

Endorsed!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 03:25:26 PM »

I'd like to kindly request you remove my name from endorsements as you no longer have my support after lying to party members about your intentions upon being elected, and you certainly don't have my support should you decide to run for reelection. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies