Office of Harry S Truman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:47:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Harry S Truman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of Harry S Truman  (Read 6023 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 05:05:42 AM »

I echo the sentiments of our GM.  Thank you for your years of service to this game.  In an alternate reality, you and I would be President and Vice President today.  I wish you the best in all your future endeavors and hope you will return to political office again.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 01:38:18 PM »

9 December 2017

By the grace of the Senate, I have this afternoon sworn the oath of office as Game Moderator, and accordingly resigned as Attorney General for Atlasia. In the coming days, I will be in close contact with the officers of the administration and with my predecessor at the game engine to ensure continuity from one moderatorship to the next.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »

11 December 2017

Help Wanted

Aspiring minor deity to fill the post of Deputy Game Moderator, in light of the impending resignation of incumbent R2D2, who has informed me of his intent to leave the game engine after a brief but distinguished tenure as acting game moderator. Ideal applicants will be comfortable producing financial estimates and possess a knack for story-telling, and may apply to this office by personal message with the subject line "Deputy Game Moderator."
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »

13 December 2017

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »

Right, explanations.

As perhaps some of you have guessed, I have not been my normal self these past few days. Without saying too much, the last week has just been terrible on almost every front, and since the New Year I've felt it was important for real life to have my undivided attention. I apologize if my absence has been a cause of inconvenience, but that's just how things turned out.

I'm back, at least for now. There's a chance, depending on how things develop from here, that I may have to take a break from Atlasia for a while, but I hope to be able to continue my work as GM and make 2018 interesting for y'all.

Thanks,
HST
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »

Glad to have you back Truman! I hope things will get better for you soon if they haven't already.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 08:59:15 PM »

25 June 2018

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 09:07:25 PM »

Thank you for the appointment it is a true honour and privilege to serve as your Deputy.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »

30 July 2018

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 12:56:46 PM »

Endorsed!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 07:52:27 AM »

30 August 2018

Since it has been in the headlines recently, I thought I should given an update on the 2019 federal budget projections. Both myself, and primarily Deputy Game Moderator HCP, are doing all that we can to complete these projections as quickly as possible so that Congress and the administration can begin the noble work or arguing about whether the top marginal tax rate should be 30% or 29.5%. No-one regrets more than I do the delays which have plagued this process, which can be attributed to two causes.

First, I am not a numbers man, and never have been. I said as much when I was confirmed as Game Moderator nine months ago. Accordingly, I rely on my deputy for high-level projections and economic statistics—and the deputy position has been especially volatile since the presidential election. Loosing AZ in July put the budget back several weeks, and when HCP finally came on board, there was a backlog of work waiting for him.

Second, and with repercussions beyond the budget process: while I am by nature a private man and do not like to share details about my personal life on the internet, the last ten weeks have been Hell on Earth outside of Atlas, to the point where I actually wish I could say I lost my job or was failing all my classes, because that would be comparatively easier to deal with. Not only the time I've been able to commit to the budget, but also the quality of my work generally, has suffered as a result of this. It is not only a matter of time (though that is a large factor), but also having the necessary composure and ability to concentrate for long periods of time, which has been elusive recently. On several occasions I have considered resigning, but did not want to leave Yankee or my successor in the same predicament I found when I accepted this office: a vacancy in the GM position that would set completion of the budget and foreign policy initiatives even further back. Maybe it was the wrong choice to stay on, but here we are.

I am doing my best to pursue completion of my various responsibilities as quickly as I can, without seriously compromising their quality or abandoning my real-life duties (which grow only more numerous). Once the budget is complete, I will be considering whether it is better for me to step aside for someone else, or if I can reasonably expect to continue in office. As always, feel free to approach me with any questions you may have (though I appear to have lost access to my Discord account as result of a tech error yesterday evening, so any correspondence should be directed to my Atlas inbox).

Regards,

Harry S Truman
Fmr. Speaker anna0kear
anna0kear
Rookie
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 11:43:10 AM »

Hey there Truman,

First of all I'd like to express my sympathy, we all go through rough patches and I totally understand if such is the case for you at present.

However, I want you to know that we appreciate all the ways you have improved Atlasia. Your dedication to helping this community thrive is unmatched, and rest assured that you have our full support.

We will miss you whenever you decide to leave, but do what you believe to be best for you. I am confident that Atlasia will definitely be well taken care of under any leader in your position.

You are our best GM and have done an amazing job, so don't be concerned about burdening the people here and make sure to focus on your personal life first.

As always, feel free to message me whenever you like.

Sincerely,
Anna
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 11:24:15 PM »

15 November 2018

For a variety of reasons of an off-forum nature, alluded to previously here and elsewhere, I intend to resign my position as Game Moderator, no later than 9 December 2018 (what would be the one-year anniversary of my papacy). I have truly loved this job, and a large part of me does not want to go—I haves pages worth of ideas to be turned into stories, places I wanted to take the position and the game, and very strong feelings about how this office should be used that make me reluctant to give it up—but especially in the last several weeks, I am increasingly forced to the conclusion that I am just not able to make it happen anymore, and after almost four years' continuous service to the game in one capacity or another, I really need a break.

I will do what I can to respond to current requests while the search for my successor begins. My only hope, is that whoever ends up inheriting this post brings to it as much passion as I have tried to bring these last eleven months.

Harry S Truman
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies