Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:45:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1 (search mode)
Thread note

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1  (Read 203373 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: November 06, 2018, 02:04:21 AM »

In seriousness, I think you or some other mod mentioned that you might close off Atlas only to people who are registered to try to stop it from crashing? If so that would be nice if possible to somehow limit the server load enough.

Yes. I sent Dave some changes tonight. If he does them all you should notice some differences, besides members only. No search, no "new reply" warning when you click Post, small other things. I think it'll be enough. I hope so anyway!

Good luck!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:16:29 AM »

If CA-39 doesn't switch, hopefully Dems nominate someone better than a Republican lottery winner in 2020.

I'd rather have Kim win there at this point tbh. A lottery winner is not what anyone needs.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:58:40 AM »

I'd rather have Kim win there at this point tbh. A lottery winner is not what anyone needs.

Too bad Kim has the typical Asian homophobe mentality...

At least she doesn't have the typical racist mentality.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 04:37:34 AM »

Too bad Kim has the typical Asian homophobe mentality...

At least she doesn't have the typical racist mentality.

Oops I didn't mean it like that. I should have phrased it better. What I mean is that her attitude towards the LGBT community reminds me of that of many older-generation traditional Asian parents that being gay is a fad 'lifestyle' that is an affront to their family and societal structure and that transgender people have a mental illness and shouldn't be accepted. I'm a gay Asian in a similar situation so I know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh, I see, thanks for the clarification Smiley
Anyway, I'm all for beating her in 2020, but I just find the concept of a 'some dude' being elected to the House thanks to a lottery prize quite frustrating. I wouldn't mind if he wins and pads our majority more, but at this point, I have no problem conceding this race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies