MO NBC/Marist: McCaskill +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:40:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO NBC/Marist: McCaskill +3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: MO NBC/Marist: McCaskill +3  (Read 5601 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »

Encouraging, but this race could still go either way.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 10:54:25 AM »

[/quote]
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »

Clearly Marist is fabricating Polls towards Democrats to make them NBC Friendly for Lester Holt, snarky Savannah Guthrie, prolly Chuck Todd and their cohorts.

MARIST IS CRAP. HAWLEY WILL WIN THIS.

Reeeeeeeeeeeee
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 12:07:24 PM »

This is actually a somewhat old poll. Only through 11/1
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 12:10:48 PM »

Donald Trump: *farts on a CNN logo*
Republican hacks: Lol take this Libtard snowflakes get triggered !

Poll: *McCaskill +3*
Republican hacks:

Clearly Marist is fabricating Polls towards Democrats to make them NBC Friendly for Lester Holt, snarky Savannah Guthrie, prolly Chuck Todd and their cohorts.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 12:11:31 PM »

Tuesday through Thursday is "somewhat old"?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 12:12:43 PM »

Well excuse you for spewing nonsense about my alma mater. Harrumph!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »

Probably didn't want to have it interfere with the NBC/Wall Street National Poll and have it slip through the cracks.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »

I gotta hand it to her, she is a very impressive politician if she pulls this off.  Pretty much what we thought Landrieu was for a while, LOL.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »

Tuesday through Thursday is "somewhat old"?

Right before the election when there are polls from 11/3 and 11/4 coming out, then yes.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 12:58:29 PM »

That's very nice. If we can hold this, I think we're one upset away from getting the Senate.

Or murkowski caucusing with the Democrats. No one has ever given me a good reason as to why she would be reluctant to do that considering a, she is dead woman walking in any future Republican primary, again, B, it seems she would be likely to Hold Steady or gain votes running as an independent but defacto Democratic candidate then trying to weave her way to winning a three-way race every 6 years, and C, considering even if Democrats fall short this year, they're highly likely to pick up the senate in 2020, and that she can remain chairperson for 4 years instead of 2 bare minimum.

Frankly, at this point I think this is a more likely scenario for the Democrats to take the Senate if MacAskill hangs on, or at least more likely than an upset either in North Dakota or Texas.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2018, 01:02:37 PM »

That's very nice. If we can hold this, I think we're one upset away from getting the Senate.

Or murkowski caucusing with the Democrats. No one has ever given me a good reason as to why she would be reluctant to do that considering a, she is dead woman walking in any future Republican primary, again, B, it seems she would be likely to Hold Steady or gain votes running as an independent but defacto Democratic candidate then trying to weave her way to winning a three-way race every 6 years, and C, considering even if Democrats fall short this year, they're highly likely to pick up the senate in 2020, and that she can remain chairperson for 4 years instead of 2 bare minimum.

Frankly, at this point I think this is a more likely scenario for the Democrats to take the Senate if MacAskill hangs on, or at least more likely than an upset either in North Dakota or Texas.

Schumer would let her chair any committee she wanted.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »

Hell...if Murkowski caucases with the Dems....she can be majority leader.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 01:18:46 PM »

Embarrassing, but I still think this is winnable for Republicans. Maybe I’m wrong, though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »

Beautiful poll! Air Claire is still in this! Cheesy
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2018, 02:42:29 PM »

If Republicans don't win this race it could detrimental to their chances of holding the Senate in 2020 (with only one seat the Democrats have to gain if its 50/50).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2018, 05:14:10 PM »

She already has the Energy and Natural Resources Chair, and McConnell isn't going to take that from her.

True, but if she doesn't flip in 2019, Majority Leader Schumer will take it from her in 2021. Furthermore, can anyone really say having a constantly run as an independent who caucuses with the Republicans against whatever conservative wins the primary against her Plus a Democrat who may or may not be a serious contender is the best route for Hurst to stay in the Senate rather than pulling an Angus King? If she doesn't get reelected, Promises of committee chairman ships are all moot.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2018, 07:13:24 PM »

I'm still considering this a tossup, just to temper my expectations. But it is reassuring enough to see that Hawley isn't running away with it like he probably should be. McCaskill really is something else. If she wins-game over, the Democrats are probably looking at a tied Senate which indicates a damn good night for them, and us!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »

Both parties would do really well to tamp down their expectations in MO, IN and AZ. A lot of people are gonna end up with egg on their faces one way or another

Agreed, and I’d also add WV and MT to the list.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2018, 07:49:24 PM »

Let's hope only Heitkamp loses. A tied senate is better for us than a Republican senate. Still technically a loss due to M*ke P*nce but it makes 2020 easier.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2018, 08:00:13 PM »

If anything, Trump + 7 approval in Missouri is a bit too high.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2018, 08:16:14 PM »

If anything, Trump + 7 approval in Missouri is a bit too high.

A state that voted 21 points more Republican than the nation has a Republican president at +7 when  he's at -14 nationally. It's actually spot on.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »

Honestly, if the Dems are gaining more than 30 seats in the House, I don't see how they're losing any Senate seats beyond North Dakota.  Elections don't exist in a vacuum, and races all the way down the ballot are usually reflective of the national mood.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:53 AM »

Welp
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 06:30:31 AM »

Yeah, so much for these high-quality Marist polls. Looks like Republican polls/internals were more accurate in this race.

Also, can we stop pretending that Remington is a pollster that’s biased in favor of Republicans or just cooks up R-friendly numbers? They actually underestimated Trump and Greitens in 2016 and now Hawley this year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies