MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:48:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +7  (Read 2362 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:03:49 AM »

Stabenow (D, inc.)   53
James (R)                46

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/MI_11-18_Mitchell_Poll_Press_Release_11-5-18_.pdf

Their last poll was Stabenow +6.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:26:20 AM »

It's gonna be close.  James is doing very well for a year that favors Rs. This and Montana have the best upset potential in my opinion.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:26:48 AM »

It's gonna be close.  James is doing very well for a year that favors Rs. This and Montana have the best upset potential in my opinion.

No.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 08:27:31 AM »

Stabenow with the momentum.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 08:28:19 AM »

her poll numbers are inflated. James has the momentum. She was up like 18 in September
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 08:30:37 AM »

Yeah, this has upset potential, still likely D, and looks close to the final margin.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »

her poll numbers are inflated. James has the momentum. She was up like 18 in September

Why do you insist on saying her poll numbers are inflated? Evidence to prove it? Saying "2016" doesn't count, btw.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 10:23:58 AM »

Safe D
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 12:16:21 PM »

This has more potential than NJ for an upset now, but that's not saying a whole lot. MT or WV is the far greater chance. Looks like every race is reverting back to its fundamentals.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »

This isn't going to come close flipping, but it's quite possible that James keeps it to a 5-8 point loss.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 02:35:29 PM »

This isn't going to come close flipping, but it's quite possible that James keeps it to a 5-8 point loss.
We'll see. I live in Michigan and I have seen 5 to 1 signs James to Stabenow .
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »

I’d be surprised if James did worse than Schuette, not that it really matters.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 02:41:11 PM »

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 03:25:36 PM »

Ah yes, the vaunted, empirically rigorous, prognostic tradition of yard sign counting. Why bother having all these academically trained, graduate-degree holding statisticians craft complex models on multi-variate data sets when we could just tally political advertisements draped across our neighbors' lawns? Nothing has a better track record of election forecasting than that!
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 03:29:11 PM »

Ah yes, the vaunted, empirically rigorous, prognostic tradition of yard sign counting. Why bother having all these academically trained, graduate-degree holding statisticians craft complex models on multi-variate data sets when we could just tally political advertisements draped across our neighbors' lawns? Nothing has a better track record of election forecasting than that!
Yeah and all you experts were on here the day before the election last time saying Trump had no chance. Gonna be a long night for liberals tomorrow.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »

Yeah and all you experts were on here the day before the election last time saying Trump had no chance. Gonna be a long night for liberals tomorrow.
In Massachusetts (at least, the area I live) Diehl signs outnumber Warren signs 10 to 1. Does that make MA-SEN Safe R?
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 03:37:43 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2018, 03:41:10 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

Going purely off your own selection bias and small sample sizes will lead to bigger misses in the aggregate than polling data and models. Selection bias is in fact why most of us liberals underestimated his chances of winning, so welcome to the club of playing the fool. Then again, I am talking to somebody who thinks one can predict upsets based on yard signs and rally sizes, so I guess you'll just need to see yourself proven wrong before you believe it. Democrats have gotten used to that kind of reality-slapping disappointment over the past decade, will you be ready?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 03:48:07 PM »

Going purely off your own selection bias and small sample sizes will lead to bigger misses in the aggregate than polling data and models. Selection bias is in fact why most of us liberals underestimated his chances of winning, so welcome to the club of playing the fool. Then again, I am talking to somebody who thinks one can predict upsets based on yard signs and rally sizes, so I guess you'll just need to see yourself proven wrong before you believe it. Democrats have gotten used to that kind of reality-slapping disappointment over the past decade, will you be ready?
Liberals always dismiss stuff that isn't conventional wisdom. Yard signs may sound silly, the same as the crowds at rallies but we are in a new era where Trump is turning out people who never used to vote. He has a very large base and that cannot be discounted. I understand Michigan well I am from here. Debbie Stabenow has been in office 43 years. All the moderate voters I know are voting for James. It's going to be a tight race and the governors could be as well. Michigan is just not the reliably democratic state it used to be anymore. 2016 proved it. Tomorrow we will find out if the game has totally been changed and if Trump can defy conventional wisdom again.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 04:04:26 PM »

In 2016 I saw signs for the Republican candidate for MN-05 outnumber Keith Ellison's about 5 to 1.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 04:27:55 PM »

In 2016 I saw signs for the Republican candidate for MN-05 outnumber Keith Ellison's about 5 to 1.

And exactly how could you notice that ratio of signs when you were too busy the summer of 2016 playing Pokémon Go?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 05:00:33 PM »

So with minimal undecideds what this shows is that James basically has next to no chance.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 05:07:40 PM »

It's astonishing how James has managed to be so competitive here, given the national environment. He might actually become Stabenow's first opponent since Spencer Abraham in 2000 to keep his loss to her within single digits. A 7-9 pt. Stabenow victory seems to be very possible at this point. As I've said before, Stabenow (as well as Baldwin, Casey, Manchin, Tester, Donnelly, McCaskill, Nelson, and Menendez) should be glad that Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 presidential election, because she might actually have been in serious jeopardy.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 05:08:33 PM »

lmao
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies