AZ: OH Predictive- McSally +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:23:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ: OH Predictive- McSally +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ: OH Predictive- McSally +1  (Read 6703 times)
Junior Chimp

« on: November 05, 2018, 09:17:13 AM »

LOL this is the same pollster that got legitimately mad at everyone on Twitter for believing the 95% of other polls that had Sinema tied/up.

They are right to be mad as many Polls had Sinema 3-6 Points which is wrong.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 10:00:16 AM »

Press Release
http://createsend.com/t/i-9C28BF62A01126BA2540EF23F30FEDED

KEY
88% of Sinema's Supporters have already returned their Ballot
Only 70% of McSally's Supporters have returned theirs

...so this Race indeed comes down to E-DAY Turnout.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:45:57 PM »

Press Release

KEY

....you do realize that barely anyone in AZ votes on E-Day. In 2016, 90% of ballot were cast early. I suspect that number will be lower this year, considering its a midterm.

If this is true, that would be another indicator of a Sinema victory tomorrow.

The Problem I have is that most of the Polls having Sinema ahead in the Early Vote. I just don't by that at all. I realize that Republicans can also vote for Sinema. That being said, the GOP has a 118K Raw Ballot Advantage. EVEN if let's say Sinema wins Democrats 95-5 and McSally wins Republicans 90-10 and takes Independents 58-31 like Marist says Sinema would still lose the Election by 10,000-15,000 Votes. AND Sinema will not win Indies 2 to 1 I can tell you that.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »

Press Release

KEY

....you do realize that barely anyone in AZ votes on E-Day. In 2016, 90% of ballot were cast early. I suspect that number will be lower this year, considering its a midterm.

The Problem I have is that most of the Polls having Sinema ahead in the Early Vote. I just don't by that at all. I realize that Republicans can also vote for Sinema. That being said, the GOP has a 118K Raw Ballot Advantage. EVEN if let's say Sinema wins Democrats 95-5 and McSally wins Republicans 90-10 and takes Independents 58-31 like Marist says Sinema would still lose the Election by 10,000-15,000 Votes. AND Sinema will not win Indies 2 to 1 I can tell you that.

As familiar I am with Arizona elections, I have to say 2016 is making a valid point bc truth is early returns don’t show anything good for the dems. We really will have to see what kinds of people show up on Election Day to turn in their ballots(lots of people do this who didn’t mail them in time but we need to see what kinds of people do that. We know people will show up to vote, but we need to see who shows up to turn in their early ballots.

This is also true. Election Day is still important, as 2016 proved, though maybe not to the extent that it used to be. If I recall, the Election Day vote is how Trump won in 2016. I believe it provided him his margins of victory in states such as Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. McSally could still pull off a narrow win based upon that vote, but as I've said, other numbers indicate that Sinema is favored. The facts that she is winning a solid majority of independents and is cutting more deeply into the Republican vote than McSally is with the Democratic vote lead me to that conclusion.

It depends on how big Sinema's lead with Indies is. If it's under 10 Points Sinema loses, if it's above that she likely wins.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 07:47:50 PM »

Press Release

KEY

As familiar I am with Arizona elections, I have to say 2016 is making a valid point bc truth is early returns don’t show anything good for the dems. We really will have to see what kinds of people show up on Election Day to turn in their ballots(lots of people do this who didn’t mail them in time but we need to see what kinds of people do that. We know people will show up to vote, but we need to see who shows up to turn in their early ballots.

This is also true. Election Day is still important, as 2016 proved, though maybe not to the extent that it used to be. If I recall, the Election Day vote is how Trump won in 2016. I believe it provided him his margins of victory in states such as Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. McSally could still pull off a narrow win based upon that vote, but as I've said, other numbers indicate that Sinema is favored. The facts that she is winning a solid majority of independents and is cutting more deeply into the Republican vote than McSally is with the Democratic vote lead me to that conclusion.

It depends on how big Sinema's lead with Indies is. If it's under 10 Points Sinema loses, if it's above that she likely wins.

I saw a statistic last week (which I mentioned previously), that had Sinema winning 58% of independents. I'm not sure if that was accurate, or if it is accurate now. That is why the previous tag line on the Early Vote megathread is so relevant: Early Vote results do not tell you how the election will go. A good example of this is Tennessee, where some on here still entertain a vain hope of a Bredesen victory, and where Early Vote numbers have shown Republicans far ahead of Democrats in terms of turnout. If Bredesen were to somehow win, that would indicate a pretty broad defection of Republican voters.

As for Arizona, you are right about the margin with independents. Since Republicans have outpaced Democrats in the Early Voting by close to 10% there, Sinema will need a strong performance with that group (independents) and among the Democratic base to score a narrow victory. Another reason why I think she will ultimately prevail is because her political base is in Maricopa County, and McSally seems to be weaker there than elsewhere in Arizona, if I'm reading the numbers correctly.

I disagree. If Sinema wins she'll likely have to thank Pima County for the win. Pima Ballots have gone bananas for Democrats the last week. This is Sinemas Strategy. If she can fight McSally to a draw in Maricopa she will use Pima to win. If you look at her recent House Elections she leaned heavily on Pima pulling out the win.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »

So, it looks like my favourite AZ Pollster got this one right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies