Trafalgar: Heller +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:42:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Trafalgar: Heller +3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trafalgar: Heller +3  (Read 4048 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 08:59:56 PM »

People are letting their overconfidence show through again by immediately dismissing this poll. It is not over until it's over. While I firmly believe, based upon the early turnout numbers, that Rosen will win at this point, I don't think celebration is yet warranted.

I'm agreeing with you. While Rosen certainly has the edge it's never over until it's over.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2018, 09:06:13 PM »

People are letting their overconfidence show through again by immediately dismissing this poll. It is not over until it's over. While I firmly believe, based upon the early turnout numbers, that Rosen will win at this point, I don't think celebration is yet warranted.

I'm agreeing with you. While Rosen certainly has the edge it's never over until it's over.

I suppose there are Independents getting cold feet and who are beginning to think Trumpism is the only game in town.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »

The same has to be kept in mind for all of the other competitive races. The early turnout numbers in Indiana, Missouri, West Virginia, North Dakota, Tennessee, and Florida do not tell us what will happen in those states.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2018, 09:18:43 PM »

And if Heller doesn't win the argument will be "let's wait until there is an investigation to see if there was fraud, it isn't over until it's over". We know Trump will claim fraud the minute things go wrong for Republicans and some on Atlas will believe him.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2018, 09:19:35 PM »

Trump approval

Approve: 50.6%

Disapprove: 47.5%

Wow. Trump’s approval rating improving by so much in Nevada. These are definitely good news for Heller.

Lol I thought this was sarcasm bit you're actually serious. Lmao.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2018, 09:23:26 PM »

And if Heller doesn't win the argument will be "let's wait until there is an investigation to see if there was fraud, it isn't over until it's over". We know Trump will claim fraud the minute things go wrong for Republicans and some on Atlas will believe him.

Where did you get the idea about fraud? I've made clear my belief that Rosen will win, but I am frustrated by the Atlas community's tendency to disregard any views that contradict their own, such as in polls.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2018, 09:24:51 PM »

The same has to be kept in mind for all of the other competitive races. The early turnout numbers in Indiana, Missouri, West Virginia, North Dakota, Tennessee, and Florida do not tell us what will happen in those states.

I agree, Manchin still has a chance despite how the early votes are looking.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2018, 09:26:31 PM »

Where did you get the idea about fraud? I've made clear my belief that Rosen will win, but I am frustrated by the Atlas community's tendency to disregard any views that contradict their own, such as in polls.

Because that is the Republican/Trump refrain (he claimed he only lost California because of illegal votes).
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2018, 09:27:49 PM »

NV FREIWAL looks promising for Rosen, and NV early vote actually is a reasonable indicator unlike most states. This poll hopefully gets proven wrong in three days.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2018, 09:56:29 PM »

Because that is the Republican/Trump refrain (he claimed he only lost California because of illegal votes).

I'm aware that many in the Republican base hold this belief. I, obviously, do not, and this was not even what I was thinking about when sharing my views about this poll.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2018, 10:24:03 PM »

I should point out that Trafalgar was the ONLY poll that showed Trump winning Michigan or Pennsylvania. Nevada has it's polling issues but I wouldn't dismiss this one so quickly.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2018, 10:25:26 PM »

I should point out that Trafalgar was the ONLY poll that showed Trump winning Michigan or Pennsylvania. Nevada has it's polling issues but I wouldn't dismiss this one so quickly.

They've also sucked since 2016. They were awful in Alabama and Virginia.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2018, 10:52:30 PM »

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure their 2016 Nevada poll where they were off by 7 points is more relevant to their 2018 Nevada poll than their 2016 Michigan/Pennsylvania polls are.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2018, 10:57:48 PM »

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure their 2016 Nevada poll where they were off by 7 points is more relevant to their 2018 Nevada poll than their 2016 Michigan/Pennsylvania polls are.

Yeah but that hurts the "Rosen is not gonna win" narrative
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2018, 11:29:03 PM »

we need a nationwide ban on polls
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2018, 11:33:37 PM »

we need a nationwide ban on polls

At least on Nevada polls. Until we figure out what's going on.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2018, 01:33:03 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2018, 01:37:33 AM by Hammy »

Good Lord, I just checked 2016 for comparison (and yep, Trafalgar was off by quite a bit)

The two closest polls in Nevada? Gravis and Emerson which is quite sad

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2018, 03:57:25 AM »

Heller is going to win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2018, 04:09:21 AM »

No, Heller isn't gonna to win, NV polls had Heck winning as well
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2018, 05:22:59 AM »

No, Heller isn't gonna to win, NV polls had Heck winning as well
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/nv/nevada_senate_heck_vs_cortez_masto-5982.html
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2018, 06:01:55 AM »

I was saying that in retrospect that it's a tossup, but Rosen has a great chance of being Senate. Nothing is inevitable.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2018, 07:55:52 PM »

Early turnout means nothing. The media was hyping the early vote in 2016 and GOP dominated on election day.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2018, 08:00:17 PM »

Early turnout means nothing. The media was hyping the early vote in 2016 and GOP dominated on election day.

Except in Nevada, where they, you know, lost in 2016. I know it's inconvenient, but the "everything will be like 2016" argument doesn't support the idea that Heller will win.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2018, 08:00:37 PM »

It does in NV when something like 60-65% Early vote
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2018, 08:02:05 PM »

In the vast majority of states, you would be correct that early voting is best ignored. However, Nevada is a clear exception.

Early voting was how Jon Ralston was able to predict Hillary winning the state in 2016 despite the polls saying otherwise. Early voting was how he was able to predict Harry Reid winning despite literally every single poll in the final two weeks showing Reid losing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies