Change Research (D internal): Cruz +0 in TX, Nelson +2 in FL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:55:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Change Research (D internal): Cruz +0 in TX, Nelson +2 in FL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change Research (D internal): Cruz +0 in TX, Nelson +2 in FL  (Read 8250 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 03, 2018, 10:43:05 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:56:47 AM »

I started a thread just seconds before you, but mine also includes the poll from FL. Could we merge them?

Fine with me.  I'll ask a mod.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:13:55 PM »

538 says it has a R+0.8 House Effect

So is that (D internal) thing real or just editorializing?

The (D) or (R) marker should be based on who sponsors the poll, not necessarily the pollster that conducts it.  (This is something that annoys me about people who claim all PPP polls are D; many of them are, but not all.)  In this case, the polls were sponsored by Reason to Believe PAC, whose website describes them as "a grassroots organization dedicated to helping elect progressive Democrats in 2018 and 2020. We are not affiliated with any candidate or individual."  So the (D) marker is appropriate for these.

Regarding their R+0.8 bias at 538: Change Research is a relatively new pollster, and their 538 rating is based on a very small number of polls.  Unlike 538's poll database, which is constantly being updated, they update the pollster ratings very infrequently.  I think the current ratings were generated in May.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies