MOScout McCaskill and Hawley Tied. Democrats lead by 11 in Auditors contest.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:38:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MOScout McCaskill and Hawley Tied. Democrats lead by 11 in Auditors contest.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MOScout McCaskill and Hawley Tied. Democrats lead by 11 in Auditors contest.  (Read 5598 times)
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59015f4b37c581b2ce01e5b3/t/5bdd858aaa4a99c185e72f11/1541244300045/MOScout+Weekly+Poll+11.3.pdf

McCaskill and Hawley at 47% Each.

Galloway leads McDowell 49 to 38.

My final predictions:

Hawley 49 to McCaskill 47

Galloway 53 to McDowell 44.

and I promise next cycle I will broaden my horizons and be able to contribute more outside of Midwestern politics, specifically Missouri and Illinois... Thank you!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:26:21 AM »

Yikes, terrible poll for Hawley. Say hello to majority leader Schumer if this is accurate.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 08:28:06 AM »

Yikes, terrible poll for Hawley. Say hello to majority leader Schumer if this is accurate.

What are you talking about? I am like for sure that Hawley will win at the end based on logic.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »

What are you talking about? I am like for sure that Hawley will win at the end based on logic.

If McCaskill and Bredesen are tied at this point, they’re more likely than not to win on election day, and NV+AZ+TN-ND (although I could see Heitkamp winning if the wave is big enough) gets them to 51. That’s assuming that polling is accurate and not underestimating Republican strength, which we obviously don’t know.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 08:36:48 AM »

I think he’s referring to the fact Hawley has lead in this poll
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 08:44:21 AM »

Last week's Remington poll had Hawley winning by four.
So yeah, a tie now isn't all that great news for him.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »

If Hawley can't even win this race then its time he calls it quits on his political career.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 08:54:50 AM »

If Hawley can't even win this race then its time he calls it quits on his political career.

Why? No one else in the MO GOP would be doing much if any better. Hawley’s still likely to win, chill

Do you agree with my final margins? Hawley 49 to 47 and Galloway 52 to 44?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 08:58:09 AM »

Depends on what logic you're using. Logic would also tell you that Claire is the incumbent in a D-leaning year, so undecideds would more than likely break for her.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 09:43:14 AM »

McCaskill looks to be getting a bounce at just the right time.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 10:04:10 AM »

McCaskill looks to be getting a bounce at just the right time.

There was some pretty scathing reporting out of the Kansas City Star that Hawley has essentailly been MIA during his entire two years as AG.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »

And yet we have people here who unironically believe that Doug Jones is DOA in 2020.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »

Candidate quality in action lol. Central casting stiffs like Hawley are only electable when the enviorment favors their party.
new_patomic

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 10:40:50 AM »

Net gain of 4 for McCaskill since Remington's last poll in October.

It does seem that whatever 'Kavanaugh Bump' there was here has faded.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 10:48:04 AM »

The Kavanaugh bump (which was real in Senate races, less so in the House), appears to be receding at the worst possible time for the GOP
Aurelio21
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2018, 11:04:48 AM by Aurelio21 »

The Kavanaugh bump (which was real in Senate races, less so in the House), appears to be receding at the worst possible time for the GOP

I'd rather say that McCaskill's efforts defining Hawley as "Empty Suit" and "Carpetbeggar" are quite effiective while he is unable to counter these. McCaskill made herself immune to Mr Trump's appeal to the anti-ímmigration rhetorics by simply supporting him 100 % and delivering this message.

I am still not convinced that she will win in the end yet I acknolwedge her fighting instincts which seem to be intact. She reversed the worrisome trend of late October but it is unclear if this 11th hour effort will be enough. 

Mr Hawley does not appear to be a born fighter, rather "born with a silver foot in his mouth".

I do not know if this poll is accurate, but the trend of Delta=+4 % for Mrs McCaskill cetainly is real.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 11:09:59 AM »

This one's gonna be close, and the trend is good for McCaskill. This might be the last race I make up my mind about in terms of my predictions. I think that if McCaskill does win, that's at least 50 seats for Democrats.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 12:02:14 PM »

Remington underestimated Trump's margin in 2016

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Michigan

Undecideds will break for Hawley and they are likely overestimating McCaskill's performance...Hawley will win by +7
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »

Again, can you even imagine if there were an open SC seat now and a less radioactive Republican nominee, and McCaskill had to answer for how she'd vote on the nominee? She'd be dead meat.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 12:19:51 PM »

I wonder how much Hawley lying about pre-existing conditions is hurting him here. I know voters are dumb, but that lie was the most shameless thing I have heard this entire cycle.
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 12:22:38 PM »

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Michigan

Undecideds will break for Hawley and they are likely overestimating McCaskill's performance...Hawley will win by +7

Actually, it is true that Remington has a Democratic bias. According to FiveThirtyEight's pollster rankings, Remington has overestimated Democrats by an average of 1.1% relative to historical election results.
new_patomic

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 12:25:04 PM »

Actually, it is true that Remington has a Democratic bias. According to FiveThirtyEight's pollster rankings, Remington has overestimated Democrats by an average of 1.1% relative to historical election results.

At least for their adjusted polls average, they're saying Remington is biased against Democrats to the tune of... 4.5 points. So they're saying this poll is McCaskill +4.5.

Not that I'm really putting much faith in their adjustments versus the simple average.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 01:27:24 PM »

Nice! So much for McCaskill being DOA for the 87th time.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

And yet we have people here who unironically believe that Doug Jones is DOA in 2020.

McCaskill winning by the skin of her teeth in a big Dem wave hardly bodes well for Jones in a state that is far more Republican, far less elastic, far more racially polarized, and during an unknown political climate when Trump is guaranteed to carry the state by at least 20 points simultaneously.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2018, 01:48:25 PM »

McCaskill winning by the skin of her teeth in a big Dem wave hardly bodes well for Jones in a state that is far more Republican, far less elastic, far more racially polarized, and during an unknown political climate when Trump is guaranteed to carry the state by at least 20 points simultaneously.

Jones is a far stronger incumbent than McCaskill (like, not even close), has better approval numbers, and the state isn’t as "inelastic" as you’re making it out to be (or else Jones wouldn’t be Senator right now or have similar approval ratings as Richard Shelby). Bottom line: Writing off a Democratic incumbent in a red state two years before the election is never a good idea, and rating it "Safe R" is downright ridiculous. Hawley is hardly an Akin tier candidate, and he’s still struggling badly in this race.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies