PA Franklin & Marshall: Casey +15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:37:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA Franklin & Marshall: Casey +15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA Franklin & Marshall: Casey +15  (Read 2307 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« on: November 01, 2018, 03:29:04 PM »

It is fascinating how Pennsylvania is poised to repeat 2006, by giving landslides to its incumbent Democratic Senator and Governor. The double-digit victories of Casey and Wolf, and Democratic gains in the Pennsylvania House delegation, could possibly be a sign that the state's vote for Trump in 2016 was a fluke, and that it will return to the Democrats in 2020. Michigan also appears to be giving similar signs. Without Michigan and Pennsylvania, Trump's path to reelection will be much more perilous.
PA actually voted out it's Senator by 17 points in 2006 (Santorum was the incumbent!) But I can see why you would think that Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 04:08:53 PM »

It is fascinating how Pennsylvania is poised to repeat 2006, by giving landslides to its incumbent Democratic Senator and Governor. The double-digit victories of Casey and Wolf, and Democratic gains in the Pennsylvania House delegation, could possibly be a sign that the state's vote for Trump in 2016 was a fluke, and that it will return to the Democrats in 2020. Michigan also appears to be giving similar signs. Without Michigan and Pennsylvania, Trump's path to reelection will be much more perilous.
PA actually voted out it's Senator by 17 points in 2006 (Santorum was the incumbent!) But I can see why you would think that Tongue

I'm aware that Casey won his first term in 2006. What I mean is that Pennsylvania will be giving landslides to Democrats for both Senator and Governor this year, just like it did 12 years ago. And with Wolf at 59% in this poll, it is possible that he will break the 60% mark, just like Ed Rendell did that year. With Democratic victories of this scope in these races, I find it hard to believe that Trump will hold the state two years from now.
Ah I thought you were saying an exact repeat of 2006, my bad Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies