Canadian Election 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:42:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Election 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Election 2019  (Read 192793 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 21, 2019, 10:04:25 PM »

Side note: I love that May and Letwin are named May and Letwin. The Cameron Cabinet lives on in the Green Party of Canada!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:44:09 PM »

Would Canada's most famous fictional Tory, Anne Shirley, have voted for the Scheer-led CPC? Somehow I can't see it. (I can totally see Gilbert and Diana, who are both Grits in the books, voting for Biebertrudeau, though.)
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 02:12:46 PM »

Do people speculate about coalitions every time a Canadian election produces a minority government, or is something unique about this time around?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 11:44:26 PM »

I'm familiar with the general lay of the land in Canadian politics and the big names in Canadian political history but don't follow the Canadian political process day-to-day. Can someone explain to me what exactly it is about Biebertrudeau that makes him so uniquely loathsome to the West? He's not even that anti-fossil fuel except rhetorically. Do people see the campaign rhetoric and assume he's coming for their livelihoods even though he's barely lifted a finger against the oil lobby in the past four years? Is there just a different culture out there that's put off by the dictatorship-of-the-woketariat vibes? Is it an affirmative strategy on the CPC's part to establish itself as a Western Canadian sectional party, rather than toxicity on Trudeau's part?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies