Canadian Election 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Election 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Election 2019  (Read 192479 times)
Cinemark

« on: October 21, 2019, 07:42:20 PM »

Acadie-Bathurst called for Libs, so much about the  hype there. Three flips so far: St. johns East, Tobique-Mactaquac, and NB Southwest.

Anyone want to make some bad nationwide predictions based off these first results?
Cinemark

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:00:38 PM »

I wonder how off the polling is gonna be.
Cinemark

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 09:14:01 PM »

This result should be a reality check to dems they low approval ratings don’t always translate into losses

Thats not how i'd interpret a Liberal party win, but ok.
Cinemark

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 09:41:19 PM »

Global News now says to close to call!!

They have a tweet from 15 minutes ago projecting a Liberal minority government.
Cinemark

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 10:04:08 PM »

I feel like the popular vote is less important in Parliamentary democracies since the left wing parties will eclipse the right wing parties vote by a healthy margin.
Cinemark

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 10:11:00 PM »

Yes.
Cinemark

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 10:43:30 PM »

The right wing saying BuT THe COnS ArE WINniNg tHe POpuLaR VoTe!!!! is so fdcking disingenuous. It's about as stupid as saying Marshall Jones (D) got the most votes in the LA 4th Jungle Primary in 2016. It is true, but you catch my drift.

The right wing bloc won the popular vote in 2016 yet that argument is made here

It’s dumb when both sides use it

For multiple reasons, you cant really say America has a right wing or a left wing bloc. Im not sure if your implying Republican+Libertarian > Democrat+Green in the 2016 popular vote but if you are then you shouldn't because its nonsensical.
Cinemark

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 10:45:32 PM »

People on twitter are saying a Liberal+NDP coalition will be more left wing then a singular liberal majority. Might be the worst outcome for the right in Canada if true.
Cinemark

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 10:49:23 PM »

People on twitter are saying a Liberal+NDP coalition will be more left wing then a singular liberal majority. Might be the worst outcome for the right in Canada.
I don't understand what people are basing the claim that "Trudeau will coalition with the NDP" on.

Me either but thats what the American political commentators i follow are saying.
Cinemark

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 10:55:38 PM »

Cons up 150,000 in the PV. Looking like they're going to win it. Vote just wasn't efficient enough sadly.

Kind of like democrats in 2016.
Cinemark

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 11:25:53 PM »

A relief for the Liberals but still not good; the majority is gone, they trail in votes and the pattern of the victory of sorts is not very healthy. Poor for the Conservatives: they have just blown an election they could have (and should have) won because they scared urban Ontario. A catastrophic set of results for the NDP, even if is a lesser catastrophe than looked likely earlier this year. An unwelcome return for the Bloc and on one of the darkest campaigns they've ever run: nasty stuff. A missed opportunity for the Greens. And, happily, a major flop for Bernier.

So terrible for everybody?
Cinemark

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 08:18:33 PM »

"The CBC won the popular vote but got less seats so democrats should stop whining about the popular vote" (Republicans)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies