Canadian Election 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:38:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Election 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Election 2019  (Read 191459 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 21, 2019, 08:18:06 PM »

PPC hasn’t been doing so hot. I would’ve expected them to perform well in New Brunswick, but the provincial performance of People’s Alliance didn’t transfer apparently.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:47:49 PM »

CBC calls Nova West for Con, 4th flip from Liberal to Conservative.

Because this is Atlas, I have to float the question: Do these flips in NB and NS indicate ME-2 could be an uphill fight for Dems in 2020? Hmmmm...

Depends how angry the French-Canadian lumberjacks are.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 12:06:15 AM »

I had a look through the riding results and it seems that, on a uniform swing of just taking votes from the Liberals and adding them to the CPC (unrealistic of course but a rough guide), to become the largest party the CPC would have needed to win Peterborough-Kawartha (if they won that and all seats the Liberals beat them in by a smaller margin they'd have 137 seats to 135 for the Liberals). Peterborough-Kawartha was won by the Liberals by a margin of 4.36% (while they lost the popular vote remember), so a 5.7% popular vote win was needed by the CPC just to get a bare minority.

That's a... serious handicap, if it carries over going forward (which of course it might not, since Canada sometimes has weird provincial trends).

Case in point, the NDP flopping in Quebec this time, after the Orange Crush of 2011. Also, the huge Green surges in NB and PE versus the Conservative surge in NL (which ironically probably helped the NDP take St John’s East).

Here’s a vote table from Matthew Isbell
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies