IN - NBC/Marist: Donnelly +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:15:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN - NBC/Marist: Donnelly +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IN - NBC/Marist: Donnelly +2  (Read 3217 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 04:24:45 PM »

Is FOX going to do another of their massive polling dumps, or Indiana only?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »

Is FOX going to do another of their massive polling dumps, or Indiana only?

They usually release all at once
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »

Marist has been bad all year long. They have D's AHEAD everywhere except TX & TN. I'll have to check their Polls from 2014 cuz if they underestimating R-Turnout the same way back then R's certainly looking pretty good in ND, IN, MO, TX and TN.

Trumps JA with Independents is -4 in Indiana yet Donnelly +23 over Braun with that Group. It doesn't make sense.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 04:37:54 PM »

Marist has been bad all year long. They have D's AHEAD everywhere except TX & TN. I'll have to check their Polls from 2014 cuz if they underestimating R-Turnout the same way back then R's certainly looking pretty good in ND, IN, MO, TX and TN.

Trumps JA with Independents is -2 in Indiana yet Donnelly +23 over Braun with that Group. It doesn't make sense.
I mean yeah, this year will definitely be a repeat of 2014.

Really hope you have plenty to drink on election night
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »

Trumps JA with Independents is -2 in Indiana yet Donnelly +23 over Braun with that Group. It doesn't make sense.
You.can approve of the President yet vote D, you know.

Using your logic, Joe Manchin would be getting destroyed by Pat Morrisey right now.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 04:39:26 PM »

Marist is biased. Braun will win.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 04:41:20 PM »

Using your logic, Joe Manchin would be getting destroyed by Pat Morrisey right now.

I don't dispute that BUT +23 is a little bit too much, don't you think? Same in AZ where they have Sinema +27 among Indies where Trumps JA is clearly on the rise.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 04:44:12 PM »

I don't dispute that BUT +23 is a little bit too much, don't you think? Same in AZ where they have Sinema +27 among Indies where Trumps JA is clearly on the rise.
Possibly, given Donnelly beat Mourdock with indys by a lesser margin.  However, Dems are energized this year, and Braun is a less-than-exciting candidate with no real message. Weirder things happen.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »

2016, can you please stop unskewing using crosstabs like indies? This poll had 29% indies among likely voters, which is n=144. That would have an MOE of over 8 points with Indiana's population.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 04:51:44 PM »

Why are people calling a +2 poll a toss up?
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »

libertpaulian: 42% college educated, too high?
The Bayh vs. Young race was 47% college, 53% non-college.  Young won college by 6% and non-college by 15%.

If those #s you are quoting are from exit polls, they probably overstate the college #. On the other hand, the college # should be higher in a midterm than in a Presidential year (unless the turnout is really really high).
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »

2016, can you please stop unskewing using crosstabs like indies? This poll had 29% indies among likely voters, which is n=144. That would have an MOE of over 8 points with Indiana's population.

It isn't just Indies. Braun gets only 60% of the Evangelical Christian Vote...not even close to right. These Marist Polls have HUGE Flaws no matter how you slice it.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 04:55:26 PM »

Why are people calling a +2 poll a toss up?

Because it’s close enough to a tie that a turnout differential could send it the other way (or, by the same token, see a bigger Donnelly win). Totally reasonable nomenclature
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 04:57:47 PM »

Wow, a great pollster showed a race that was believed to be R thanks to bad pollsters and data isnt. So surprised.

Honestly, I am willing to declare that Claire is up too, and we will all be shocked.

Apparently Fox is releasing some polls soon, so lets see what they say....
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 04:59:48 PM »

It isn't just Indies. Braun gets only 60% of the Evangelical Christian Vote...not even close to right. These Marist Polls have HUGE Flaws no matter how you slice it.
Donnelly doesn't have the gay pride marching, abortion-loving, coastal elite image that Hillary did.  While he won't do well with them, he won't get blown out of the water with Hillary margins, either.  In 2008, exit polls showed Obama winning about 30% of Indiana evangelicals, and he was already tarnished with the coastal elite image in the primary.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2018, 05:11:48 PM »

Donnelly doesn't have the gay pride marching, abortion-loving, coastal elite image that Hillary did.  While he won't do well with them, he won't get blown out of the water with Hillary margins, either.  In 2008, exit polls showed Obama winning about 30% of Indiana evangelicals, and he was already tarnished with the coastal elite image in the primary.

Are Indiana evangelicals more willing to vote D than in the South, because 25% D seems high admittedly.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 05:13:04 PM »

Are Indiana evangelicals more willing to vote D than in the South, because 25% D seems high admittedly.

Southern evangelicals are considerably more partisan (also, “evangelical” is a term so overbroad it’s effectively vague)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2018, 05:18:00 PM »

Donnelly got 27% of the born-again vote in 2012.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 06:30:25 PM »

I'll take it. Important Donnelly had better favorability numbers than Braun.

I'll take it also. I was basically writing Donnelly off. It's good to see that he's still in this. If he survives I'm fairly certain we get a D+0 Senate at worst. I'm fine with that at this point.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 06:35:20 PM »

*Fingers crossed*. This will be my race to watch. If Donnelly wins again, Democrats are at D+0, which is satisfactory enough for me.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:52 PM »

LOL, Donnelly +23 among Indies. The Marist Crap Show continues.

Ya'll can gloat about that Poll BUT FOX NEWS will have apparently IN-SEN Poll as well @6pm.

Well, that FOX poll worked out well for the cause of unskewing...
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 10:53:03 PM »

*Fingers crossed*. This will be my race to watch. If Donnelly wins again, Democrats are at D+0, which is satisfactory enough for me.

If the Senate ends up 50-50 then the Democrats should go all out to get Murkowski to either switch parties or caucus with them. Promise her all the federal pork in the world
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »

Sorry for the double post by the way, I didn't realize that I did that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies