WI-Marquette: Tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:23:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI-Marquette: Tied
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: WI-Marquette: Tied  (Read 9699 times)
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2018, 12:47:04 PM »

This is my last post of the day, but I will end with this: If Evers does indeed win, then I will be regarding MU Law as Walker's secret R internal from now on!

I can't wait until the vaguely subpar Emerson poll gets released this Friday, which will most likely show Evers with a lead! Also, Suffolk might be releasing a poll for WI soon, too!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »

This is off:

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2018, 12:48:14 PM »

Hopefully this is the year Marquette's reputation is utterly destroyed.

Selzer is going to be discredited completely this year.

You know, IceSpear, I don't go and dig up every wrong thing you said during 2016, of which there were very many, including your prejudiced railings against the people of West Virginia. I don't because you are such a tedious bore who is not worth a fraction of the effort.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »

Nope they just refuse to herd with lower quality pollsters.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »

What I want to know is...why are people so quick to denigrate Marquette when they are a state institution?
??
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2018, 12:49:21 PM »

What I want to know is...why are people so quick to denigrate Marquette when they are a state institution?

As a alum of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, I am required to hate all things Marquette.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »

This is my last post of the day, but I will end with this: If Evers does indeed win, then I will be regarding MU Law as Walker's secret R internal from now on!

I can't wait until the vaguely subpar Emerson poll gets released this Friday, which will most likely show Evers with a lead! Also, Suffolk might be releasing a poll for WI soon, too!
So, basically, you're just waiting for more favourable numbers from pollsters you admit are of lower quality?
Galaxie

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »

Favorables are about the same:

Evers - 42/41
Walker - 48/49

Not a good sign this close to Election Day how many people still have no opinion on Evers
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »

You know, IceSpear, I don't go and dig up every wrong thing you said during 2016, of which there were very many, including your prejudiced railings against the people of West Virginia. I don't because you are such a tedious bore who is not worth a fraction of the effort.

No, the point isn't that you were wrong. The point is you haven't learned a lesson from dismissing a gold standard poll simply because you dislike the result. It's especially strange because this result isn't even particularly bad for the Democrats. Did you seriously think Evers was going to win by double digits? lol
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »

That is not logical. There is clearly a margin of error here and this poll result is a tie. If Evers wins by 6-7, then yes, this poll will have been way off. But if he wins by 2-3, this poll was not bad. I think you're reading this as a Walker win when it's not.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »

Evers - 42/41
Walker - 48/49

Not a good sign this close to Election Day how many people still have no opinion on Evers
I didn't have much of an opinion on Todd Young in 2016, yet I voted for him anyway.  Guess what?  He won in a landslide.

That is not logical. There is clearly a margin of error here and this poll result is a tie. If Evers wins by 6-7, then yes, this poll will have been way off. But if he wins by 2-3, this poll was not bad. I think you're reading this as a Walker win when it's not.
Exactly.  This race is going to be a pure base turnout election, with a few moderates and undecideds thrown in.

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2018, 12:54:05 PM »

No, the point isn't that you were wrong. The point is you haven't learned a lesson from dismissing a gold standard poll simply because you dislike the result. It's especially strange because this result isn't even particularly bad for the Democrats. Did you seriously think Evers was going to win by double digits? lol

I have to agree with Ebsy here, that is pretty weird IceSpear.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2018, 12:54:46 PM »

Evers - 42/41
Walker - 48/49

Yep, meanwhile High Energy Walker still has that magic he had all 3 times he won (especially 2012 against all odds).
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »

Fair enough.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2018, 12:55:36 PM »

Ok, so people are spinning this as a good result for Walker? Marquette has found better numbers for him then any other poll this cycle, and they only had Evers up once.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »

Breakdown of the major groups:

White Males w/o Degree: Walker +19 | Vukmir +13
White Males w/ Degree: Walker +5 | Baldwin +3
White Females w/o Degree: Evers +5 | Baldwin + 16
White Females w/ Degree: Evers +12 | Baldwin +27
Non-white or Hispanic: Evers +16 | Baldwin +35
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »

If I do (which I don't) and I am wrong, who care. Get a life.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2018, 12:58:07 PM »

Ok, so people are spinning this as a good result for Walker? Marquette has found better numbers for him then any other poll this cycle, and they only had Evers up once.
It's only a week left and the poll was taken during a particularly Dem-favouring news cycle.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2018, 01:00:56 PM »

Let's compare these to 2016, shall we?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Trump won this group by a 23% margin last time.

Clinton and Trump tied with this group.

Trump won this demographic by 16%.

Clinton won this group by 23%.

Clinton won this group by 55%.

So, some good and some bad for each candidate.  Evers has cut into the white non-college men slightly and has made significant inroads with non-college women.  However, Walker has made dents of his own with college-educated white men and women, as well as with non-whites.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2018, 01:03:46 PM »

I am very concerned with this poll's sample of non-white voters. Yes, Wisconsin is a very white state, but there is no way that Walker is getting 37% of non-white voters or Vukmir getting 30%. I've looked at the precinct numbers for the entire decade in the City of Milwaukee (where like 90% of non-whites in the state live) and Republicans are lucky to get over 10% in those places typically.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »

So, some good and some bad for each candidate.  Evers has cut into the white non-college men slightly and has made significant inroads with non-college women.  However, Walker has made dents of his own with college-educated white men and women, as well as with non-whites.

Don't oversell these shifts. The MOEs around these are pretty big, and your comparing to exit polls.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2018, 01:09:26 PM »

I am very concerned with this poll's sample of non-white voters. Yes, Wisconsin is a very white state, but there is no way that Walker is getting 37% of non-white voters or Vukmir getting 30%. I've looked at the precinct numbers for the entire decade in the City of Milwaukee (where like 90% of non-whites in the state live) and Republicans are lucky to get over 10% in those places typically.

I know I said my last post would be my last on this thread, but I must say the crosstabs seem really off!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2018, 01:09:43 PM »

Breakdown of the major groups:

White Males w/o Degree: Walker +19 | Vukmir +13
White Males w/ Degree: Walker +5 | Baldwin +3
White Females w/o Degree: Evers +5 | Baldwin + 16
White Females w/ Degree: Evers +12 | Baldwin +27
Non-white or Hispanic: Evers +16 | Baldwin +35
This is likely due to a small number of respondents. In their last poll, Walker led among Hispanics by 18 points. The n for that subsample was 20.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2018, 01:09:55 PM »

Yep, and with college educated being more likely to vote...easy win.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »

FWIW they also polled registered voters and found Walker + 3 in that group
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies