Dynasties and Empires - Gameplay Thread (End of 1521) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:44:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dynasties and Empires - Gameplay Thread (End of 1521) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dynasties and Empires - Gameplay Thread (End of 1521)  (Read 10651 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« on: November 01, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »

To the most noble houses of my domain and bessed Princes of the Empire,

After great consideration, and much consultation with advisors, I, King Charles of Spain, announce that I will not accept the title of Emperor, last held by my beloved grandfather, should the Imperial College elect me. Instead I urge the choice of my younger brother and heir, Prince Ferdinand, a most brave and noble heir to the late Emperor Maximilian.
   It is only right for the Empire to be ruled by a leader which can give it his full attention, not having to simultaneously handle their own Kingdom, such as Castile or France. Being the sovereign of a seperate and most noble people in Hispania, Flanders, Naples, the Americas, and Austria, I cannot in good conscience claim to govern the Empire in addition to my existing patrimony. Prince Ferdinand however, will be able to be a German Emperor for the German people, something they ought not be denied. I can think of no one better suited to ensure the people of the Reich are kept safe in the midst of numerous external threats. Ferdinand, like me, is the descendant and heir of Emperor Maximilian and Emperor Frederick III.
   Furthermore, should the Imperial College choose to elect this most glorious scion of the House of Habsburg, I will ensure that he will have adequate territory so as not to have to rely on the numerous Imperial Princes as a source of revenue. They ought have no fear, as my beloved brother knows well the various privileges of the landholders in the Empire. In short, he would be the right sovereign for the people of the Empire.
   As my brother is still learning to rule, I would not be opposed to acting as regent on his behalf for a mere year or so until he is fully settled in the Empire. I can think of several other brave and noble figures who could likewise assist.

God's will be done,
    Charles I, by the Grace of God, King of Castile and Leon, King of Aragon and Sicily, King of Naples, Archduke of Austria, Duke of Burgundy, Duke of Brabant, Duke of Limburg, Duke of Luxembourg, Count of Artois, Count of Flanders, Count of Hainhault, Count of Holland, Count of Zeeland, Count of Charolais, and Count of Barcelona.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2018, 05:11:49 PM by Spamage »

King Charles I of Spain is pleased to announce he has reached an agreement with the Most Serene Republic of Venice regarding their colony in the New World. He looks forward to continued cooperation with that historic realm.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 05:00:13 PM »

Regarding the Election of Emperor Henry VIII:

His royal highness King Charles of Spain is proud to congratulate his most beloved uncle on his election to the title of Holy Roman Emperor. Though he may have initially wished or the title to remain in Habsburg hands, he can think of no one better besides Emperor Henry to ensure the Empire is kept stable and organized. Furthermore King Charles, as a fellow sovereign as well as Archduke of Austria, would like to publicly denounce any individuals within the Empire or Henry VIII's existing territories attempting to forment unrest. It is the best interest of Christendom for Emperor Henry to have the support and friendship of the people of Europe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies