The UK slips down further in best business climate according to the World Bank
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:12:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The UK slips down further in best business climate according to the World Bank
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The UK slips down further in best business climate according to the World Bank  (Read 400 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2018, 09:43:16 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/31/new-zealand-is-best-place-to-do-business-but-uk-slips-to-ninth-report-world-bank
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I forget, was it mvd10 or David that said that Jacinda Arden would crash the economy.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:57:48 AM »

Brexit was an extremely dumb decision and after several years of austerity the public opinion in the UK has quite radically shifted. Even the Tories aren't that interested in the business climate anymore (atleast in rhetoric, I don't follow day-to-day governing in the UK lol). I guess the UK is one of the few bright spots for the left.

Anyway, I don't recall saying Ardern would crash the NZ economy but considering I really don't like her I probably said it somewhere. But I'm always a bit hyperbolic when it comes to politicians I don't like, and the beautiful NZ economy can be mainly attributed to the economic boom in Asia, 1980s Labor governments (Purple heart) and Flawless Beautiful John Key (Purple heart) (probably in that order too). And New Zealand has consistently been in the top 3 for over a decade, Ardern probably will not single-handedly crash the economy but this (it's just a relatively meaningless index btw lol) isn't really proof that she's a good PM either.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 10:41:11 AM »

Do nothing, stay in the same place. Seems pretty logical to me.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »

Brexit was an extremely dumb decision and after several years of austerity the public opinion in the UK has quite radically shifted. Even the Tories aren't that interested in the business climate anymore (atleast in rhetoric, I don't follow day-to-day governing in the UK lol). I guess the UK is one of the few bright spots for the left.

Anyway, I don't recall saying Ardern would crash the NZ economy but considering I really don't like her I probably said it somewhere. But I'm always a bit hyperbolic when it comes to politicians I don't like, and the beautiful NZ economy can be mainly attributed to the economic boom in Asia, 1980s Labor governments (Purple heart) and Flawless Beautiful John Key (Purple heart) (probably in that order too). And New Zealand has consistently been in the top 3 for over a decade, Ardern probably will not single-handedly crash the economy but this (it's just a relatively meaningless index btw lol) isn't really proof that she's a good PM either.
I’m paraphrasing but you called her a MMT supporter that would drive the country to debt.

Do nothing, stay in the same place. Seems pretty logical to me.
He was pretty adamant that Jacinda Arden would be an immediate disaster.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies