MA-Western New England University: Baker +38 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MA-Western New England University: Baker +38 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-Western New England University: Baker +38  (Read 3956 times)
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« on: November 01, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »

Sickening. So many Democrats will continue to fall for "moderate" Republicans.

What's wrong with this? And why "moderate" in quotes, he isn't one? Charlie has been a great governor and should continue his work. I would vote for him more enthusiastically than I'd vote for Liz Warren.

Hopefully he gets to 70%. Nothing against Gonzalez though, he's a good man but running the wrong race and the wrong time.

I fully agree with this. Partisans such as New Frontier would rather vote straight-ticket Democratic and would never deviate from that. I have no problem voting for good politicians from either party, who are dedicated to their constituents and effectively address the issues.

Sickening. So many Democrats will continue to fall for "moderate" Republicans.

What's wrong with this? And why "moderate" in quotes, he isn't one? Charlie has been a great governor and should continue his work. I would vote for him more enthusiastically than I'd vote for Liz Warren.

Hopefully he gets to 70%. Nothing against Gonzalez though, he's a good man but running the wrong race and the wrong time.

I fully agree with this. Partisans such as New Frontier would rather vote straight-ticket Democratic and would never deviate from that. I have no problem voting for good politicians from either party, who are dedicated to their constituents and effectively address the issues.
This is not true. Charlie Baker is only a "moderate" because of the Democratic legislature. I don't even have a problem with him winning. Both of you don't know anything about my political philosophy.

You won't see Wyoming or Utah electing a Democratic governor in the foreseeable future. Yet Democratic states are supposed elect "moderate" Republicans. Why is that?

Because Massachusetts actually has a robust Republican party that produces plenty of moderates. Wyoming and (to a lesser extent) Utah do not. They have no Democratic infrastructure producing those candidates consistently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies