MA-Western New England University: Baker +38
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:36:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MA-Western New England University: Baker +38
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MA-Western New England University: Baker +38  (Read 3945 times)
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 04:27:56 PM »
« edited: November 01, 2018, 04:31:04 PM by Thomas from NJ »

I would so gladly trade that 38-point lead to Jay Gonzalez in exchange for Scott Walker, Mike DeWine, Scott Wagner, Brian Kemp or Ron DeSantis being up by that much instead.

I get abortion is an important issue to a lot of people, but the hate some far righties give any Republican who doesn't completely conform on ONE issue is a truly interesting thing to behold.  Being pro-choice gets you INSTANTLY labeled not a "true conservative," while someone like yourself can stray from conservative orthodoxy on any number of class and economic related issues and call yourself "far right" with complete, 100% confidence.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

That's not even the only reason I said that. The Democrats have a lock on the MA state legislature, so even if Baker wanted to enact a hard-right agenda, he wouldn't be able to. Meanwhile, we control the state legislatures in Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida and Georgia at the moment.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 09:23:11 PM »

I would so gladly trade that 38-point lead to Jay Gonzalez in exchange for Scott Walker, Mike DeWine, Scott Wagner, Brian Kemp or Ron DeSantis being up by that much instead.

I get abortion is an important issue to a lot of people, but the hate some far righties give any Republican who doesn't completely conform on ONE issue is a truly interesting thing to behold.  Being pro-choice gets you INSTANTLY labeled not a "true conservative," while someone like yourself can stray from conservative orthodoxy on any number of class and economic related issues and call yourself "far right" with complete, 100% confidence.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It's almost like the vast majority of Republicans vehemently disagree with you on what it means to be a Republican. What a shock.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »

I get abortion is an important issue to a lot of people, but the hate some far righties give any Republican who doesn't completely conform on ONE issue is a truly interesting thing to behold.  Being pro-choice gets you INSTANTLY labeled not a "true conservative," while someone like yourself can stray from conservative orthodoxy on any number of class and economic related issues and call yourself "far right" with complete, 100% confidence.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It's almost like the vast majority of Republicans vehemently disagree with you on what it means to be a Republican. What a shock.

Trying to have an intellectual conversation with Thomas, man, give it a rest.  Not everything is about that axe you have to grind.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 12:59:11 PM »

Trying to have an intellectual conversation with Thomas, man, give it a rest.  Not everything is about that axe you have to grind.

No axe, just an objectively factual statement. Wink
mgop
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 01:14:02 PM »

beker isn't even a rino he's is a full democrat (right to kill babies, "climate change", muh immigrants...) and massachusetts politics starting to look more like that od north korea than us of a
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 01:17:25 PM »

beker isn't even a rino he's is a full democrat (right to kill babies, "climate change", muh immigrants...) and massachusetts politics starting to look more like that od north korea than us of a

This guy would get 90% of the vote in a Republican primary against RINO Tom. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 02:16:36 PM »

This guy would get 90% of the vote in a Republican primary against RINO Tom. Smiley

I'm not really interested in that, I am interested in whether or not what he alleged is interesting and/or true.  In my humble opinion, it is neither, and he appears to be a grade-A dumbass.  The fact that he is a Republican should have little to no bearing on how I evaluate him OR myself politically. Wink
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »

MA has had only one Democratic Governor anyways, and that was Deval Patrick. Romney and Cellucci and Baker were RINOs
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 02:25:48 PM »

I'm not really interested in that, I am interested in whether or not what he alleged is interesting and/or true.  In my humble opinion, it is neither, and he appears to be a grade-A dumbass.  The fact that he is a Republican should have little to no bearing on how I evaluate him OR myself politically. Wink

Yeah, but you're a baby killer Hitlery voter and he's not. Therefore, 90-10 victory for grade A dumbass. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »

I'm not really interested in that, I am interested in whether or not what he alleged is interesting and/or true.  In my humble opinion, it is neither, and he appears to be a grade-A dumbass.  The fact that he is a Republican should have little to no bearing on how I evaluate him OR myself politically. Wink

Yeah, but you're a baby killer Hitlery voter and he's not. Therefore, 90-10 victory for grade A dumbass. Wink

Let's stop derailing this thread when there is actual analysis being thrown out, IceSpear:

MA has had only one Democratic Governor anyways, and that was Deval Patrick. Romney and Cellucci and Baker were RINOs
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 02:52:16 PM »

Sickening. So many Democrats will continue to fall for "moderate" Republicans.

At least you guys would never send Baker, Hogan, Scott, etc. to the Senate, whereas Republican states like TN/ND/MO/IN/MT/WV/TX all have competitive Senate races or races where the Democrat is favored to win a Senate seat. Senate seats are FAR more valuable than governor's mansions, especially in states with heavily Democratic state legislatures like MA and MD.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 02:52:48 PM »

Let's stop derailing this thread when there is actual analysis being thrown out, IceSpear:

Fair enough. I wouldn't want to detract from OC's stellar #analysis.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 10:28:53 PM »

He’s a Republican either because he likes to be quirky and unique or because it’s a requirement to get into his dad’s country club.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2018, 08:54:37 AM »

He’s a Republican either because he likes to be quirky and unique or because it’s a requirement to get into his dad’s country club.

Duh, everyone at my dad’s county club became a Democrat after Timmy’s Realignment of 2016, don’t be an idiot.

(My dad doesn’t belong to a country club, LOL.)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »

Duh, everyone at my dad’s county club became a Democrat after Timmy’s Realignment of 2016, don’t be an idiot.

Suburban women, especially those with a college degree are primarily fueling the Democratic trend in most suburbs. I don’t expect men like your dad to shift much. At the same time the rural white trash in the countryside keeps tacking right.

You can deny this all you want as you desperately try to clutch onto the days of the 2004 map but it’s not gonna help you.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2018, 04:45:24 PM »

RINO Tom's wet dream Wink

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »

Suburban women, especially those with a college degree are primarily fueling the Democratic trend in most suburbs. I don’t expect men like your dad to shift much. At the same time the rural white trash in the countryside keeps tacking right.

You can deny this all you want as you desperately try to clutch onto the days of the 2004 map but it’s not gonna help you.

You guys' first (and *desperately* continued) mistake is thinking that I put anywhere near as much stock in who else votes the way I do as you guys do.  For all of the "Don't tell RINO Tom" posts and IndyRep trotting out maps/exit polls about states I don't care about, you guys care a LOT more about party coalitions than I literally ever have, LOL.  I am currently registered in Johnson County, IA, and I like our Republican Party.  I prefer voting in the Republican caucuses/primaries here, and I have yet to prefer a local or statewide Democrat in Iowa to his/her Republican opponent.  Therefore, I am a registered Republican and usually vote for the Republican.  I can't imagine what insecurities would cause me to consider anything else when registering/voting, but they are fortunately ones I don't have, haha.  If the girlfriend and I are lucky enough to get our move to Chicago underway soon, I will be even less impressed with the local Democratic Party, so no switch in sight.  I have had plenty of fun with some "White trash" folks over the years (and some non-White trash, too, if we're covering the whole rainbow here), so if I am to be associated with them by some nerds on the internet, so be it. Smiley

Stay classy, Timmy!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies