MA-Western New England University: Baker +38
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:19:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MA-Western New England University: Baker +38
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MA-Western New England University: Baker +38  (Read 3954 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »

Baker (R, inc.): 65%
Gonzalez (D): 27%

402 LV.

https://www1.wne.edu/news/2018/10/2018-mass-poll.cfm

Safe RINO, nothing to see here.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »

The only question is does Baker crack 70%
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:14:46 AM »

402 LV.

I am so glad to see that ticket-splitting is not dead, and that Massachusetts is giving an excellent Governor another term. And this is yet another poll showing Baker outperforming Warren.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 09:17:59 AM »

402 LV.

I am so glad to see that ticket-splitting is not dead, and that Massachusetts is giving an excellent Governor another term. And this is yet another poll showing Baker outperforming Warren.

Yup, what an irony that a GOP governor wins a massive landslide reelection in one of the bluest states in a blue wave year. Even though he's a RINO.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »

402 LV.

Yup, what an irony that a GOP governor wins a massive landslide reelection in one of the bluest states in a blue wave year. Even though he's a RINO.

Or a moderate Republican. Of which there used to be many.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 09:23:15 AM »

402 LV.

Mark my words. Baker will be a Major Contender for the 2024 GOP POTUS Nomination no matter if Trump loses or wins in 2020.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 09:35:18 AM »

#BakerUnder66
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 10:04:37 AM »

402 LV.

Mark my words. Baker will be a Major Contender for the 2024 GOP POTUS Nomination no matter if Trump loses or wins in 2020.

Nah, the GOP is too radical. He won't get 5% nationally. He may run for a third term in '22 as MA doesn't have term limits.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »

402 LV.

Nah, the GOP is too radical. He won't get 5% nationally. He may run for a third term in '22 as MA doesn't have term limits.

LOL, if the GOP is too radical so are the D's, even more so with their prollys Harris, Booker, Warren, Gillibrand. They would throw the Country back for Ages to come if they became POTUS.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 10:20:19 AM »

402 LV.

LOL, if the GOP is too radical so are the D's, even more so with their prollys Harris, Booker, Warren, Gillibrand. They would throw the Country back for Ages to come if they became POTUS.

Totally misses the point that the GOP base is not supporting a pro choice moderate New Englander unless he goes hard-right. But even then it wouldn't be authentic. It's not 1960 anymore.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »

402 LV.

Are you capable of not spewing hackery for a moment to have a civilized discussion about an entirely unrelated point?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 11:47:03 AM »

Lol who care
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 01:46:09 PM »

Sickening. So many Democrats will continue to fall for "moderate" Republicans.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »

402 LV.

Taking the country back? Isn't that what people like you support Trump for?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 10:07:22 PM »

Tough poll for Gonzalez. Have to move this down to Likely D, seems to be collapsing at the finish line.
UncleSam

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 02:20:14 AM »

Who is a real moderate then lol

Anyway gj to Baker well deserved hope he runs again in ‘22, he provides just the right amount of moderating influence to curb the worst tendencies of the MA legislatures without trying to govern as if he were in a red state or anywhere close to it. The people of MA get a liberal government like they want, just one that doesn’t go full crazy like a CA.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 04:57:13 AM »

What's wrong with this? And why "moderate" in quotes, he isn't one? Charlie has been a great governor and should continue his work. I would vote for him more enthusiastically than I'd vote for Liz Warren.

Hopefully he gets to 70%. Nothing against Gonzalez though, he's a good man but running the wrong race and the wrong time.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »

What's wrong with this? And why "moderate" in quotes, he isn't one? Charlie has been a great governor and should continue his work. I would vote for him more enthusiastically than I'd vote for Liz Warren.

Hopefully he gets to 70%. Nothing against Gonzalez though, he's a good man but running the wrong race and the wrong time.

I fully agree with this. Partisans such as New Frontier would rather vote straight-ticket Democratic and would never deviate from that. I have no problem voting for good politicians from either party, who are dedicated to their constituents and effectively address the issues.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 01:03:39 PM »

I fully agree with this. Partisans such as New Frontier would rather vote straight-ticket Democratic and would never deviate from that. I have no problem voting for good politicians from either party, who are dedicated to their constituents and effectively address the issues.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »

This is not true. Charlie Baker is only a "moderate" because of the Democratic legislature. I don't even have a problem with him winning. Both of you don't know anything about my political philosophy.

You won't see Wyoming or Utah electing a Democratic governor in the foreseeable future. Yet Democratic states are supposed elect "moderate" Republicans. Why is that?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »

This is not true. Charlie Baker is only a "moderate" because of the Democratic legislature. I don't even have a problem with him winning. Both of you don't know anything about my political philosophy.

You won't see Wyoming or Utah electing a Democratic governor in the foreseeable future. Yet Democratic states are supposed elect "moderate" Republicans. Why is that?

Because Massachusetts actually has a robust Republican party that produces plenty of moderates. Wyoming and (to a lesser extent) Utah do not. They have no Democratic infrastructure producing those candidates consistently.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »

Because Massachusetts actually has a robust Republican party that produces plenty of moderates. Wyoming and (to a lesser extent) Utah do not. They have no Democratic infrastructure producing those candidates consistently.

Agreed. And if New Frontier truly believes that all Republicans are "evil, racist, extreme, ideological fundamentalists who will destroy this country", then I feel sorry for him. If I said the same about Democrats, what would the response be?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 03:10:39 PM »

Kind of curious why you seem to have such a negative opinion of Charlie Baker (not saying so much from this comment but previous ones, too) ... correct me if I'm wrong?
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 04:05:59 PM »

I would so gladly trade that 38-point lead to Jay Gonzalez in exchange for Scott Walker, Mike DeWine, Scott Wagner, Brian Kemp or Ron DeSantis being up by that much instead.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »

I would so gladly trade that 38-point lead to Jay Gonzalez in exchange for Scott Walker, Mike DeWine, Scott Wagner, Brian Kemp or Ron DeSantis being up by that much instead.

I get abortion is an important issue to a lot of people, but the hate some far righties give any Republican who doesn't completely conform on ONE issue is a truly interesting thing to behold.  Being pro-choice gets you INSTANTLY labeled not a "true conservative," while someone like yourself can stray from conservative orthodoxy on any number of class and economic related issues and call yourself "far right" with complete, 100% confidence.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies