The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:21:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)  (Read 11289 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 01:33:05 AM »

Because I thought WB was capable of running an efficient presidency based on what I observed behind the scenes. Of course, debate hasn’t been substantive as I’d like. As for this election, both Pericles and Lumine have caused uproar in the past, but I do think Pericles will add debate and ideas to the Senate while Lumine seems focused on game reform, which doesn’t seem to be that high of a priority right now to the Senate. I will say I would have considered voting for Koppa had he been active in the debate and not dropped out but I don’t think he would have been active.

The House of Representatives is passing sweeping legislation that is pro-worker, pro-immigrant, and pro-Atlasian! We are currently amending the Constitution to make government work more efficiently. The Senate has likewise been drafting legislation. This has been a productive administration!
Ah yes! Prioritizing the passage amnesty for illegals surely satisfies the #Populist Purple heart impulses of YE as well as "pro-worker" bills that do nothing to solve real problems in addition to attempting to amend the constitution to bypass the fair process for governing. Also, the Secretary of Internal Affairs remains unfilled and we have a president who spends more time posting memes on discord than governing. How wonderful indeed!

Nothing has gotten done in the Senate outside of the EFCA though in Sestak’s defense, I know he has A LOT on his plate. I don’t think the bill passed by the House is amnesty and I thought just requires a reason beyond being undocumented for deportation (hint: that means criminals can be deported).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 02:09:34 AM »

Because I thought WB was capable of running an efficient presidency based on what I observed behind the scenes. Of course, debate hasn’t been substantive as I’d like. As for this election, both Pericles and Lumine have caused uproar in the past, but I do think Pericles will add debate and ideas to the Senate while Lumine seems focused on game reform, which doesn’t seem to be that high of a priority right now to the Senate. I will say I would have considered voting for Koppa had he been active in the debate and not dropped out but I don’t think he would have been active.

The House of Representatives is passing sweeping legislation that is pro-worker, pro-immigrant, and pro-Atlasian! We are currently amending the Constitution to make government work more efficiently. The Senate has likewise been drafting legislation. This has been a productive administration!
Ah yes! Prioritizing the passage amnesty for illegals surely satisfies the #Populist Purple heart impulses of YE as well as "pro-worker" bills that do nothing to solve real problems in addition to attempting to amend the constitution to bypass the fair process for governing. Also, the Secretary of Internal Affairs remains unfilled and we have a president who spends more time posting memes on discord than governing. How wonderful indeed!

Nothing has gotten done in the Senate outside of the EFCA though in Sestak’s defense, I know he has A LOT on his plate. I don’t think the bill passed by the House is amnesty and I thought just requires a reason beyond being undocumented for deportation (hint: that means criminals can be deported).

Waiving the risk of deportation essentially assures a flood of illegal immigrants. The proper way to handle this is in a bill like we did with Come out of the Shadows, which was a bipartisan compromise. This bill in the House not only undercuts that, it undercuts future enforcement as well as to facilitate cyclical amnesty, because it creates the assumption that future populations of illegals will just be legalized in turn. That just extends the problem we already have.

Also this defeatist acceptance of inactivity, "well everyone else is inactive so there isn't anything I can do?" That's bullsh**t!!!

The President can write and introduce legislation. The President can give speeches advocating for said bills, The President can PM congress members to get them on board and to make sure they are paying attention. The President can call on the people to demand likewise of their members. We are slowly but surely slipping into the Afleitch situation and we have a different constitution that empowers the President to do just that.

Where is the daily updates of the Chambers? Where is the daily PMs to all of the members? 

There is always something you can do. You can light the desks and the chairs on fire, that will get people off their asses. Doing nothing, conceding to inactivity and bemoaning general inactivity to justify other inactivity is not the solution to our problems. IT IS THE PROBLEM!!!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 02:23:36 AM »

As Lumine is not an official member of a rightist Atlasian Party, he does not count as part of the Atlasian Right.

What about the "dead atlasian right" taking back the Lincoln Assembly even though it has a +30 lefty registration advantage?

3 candidates for 3 seats is a victory by default for those 3 candidates and so means nothing.

----------

Looking forward to the left retaining and possibly expanding their house majority later this month!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 03:33:26 AM »

Waiving the risk of deportation essentially assures a flood of illegal immigrants. The proper way to handle this is in a bill like we did with Come out of the Shadows, which was a bipartisan compromise. This bill in the House not only undercuts that, it undercuts future enforcement as well as to facilitate cyclical amnesty, because it creates the assumption that future populations of illegals will just be legalized in turn. That just extends the problem we already have.

Also this defeatist acceptance of inactivity, "well everyone else is inactive so there isn't anything I can do?" That's bullsh**t!!!

The President can write and introduce legislation. The President can give speeches advocating for said bills, The President can PM congress members to get them on board and to make sure they are paying attention. The President can call on the people to demand likewise of their members. We are slowly but surely slipping into the Afleitch situation and we have a different constitution that empowers the President to do just that.

Where is the daily updates of the Chambers? Where is the daily PMs to all of the members? 

There is always something you can do. You can light the desks and the chairs on fire, that will get people off their asses. Doing nothing, conceding to inactivity and bemoaning general inactivity to justify other inactivity is not the solution to our problems. IT IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Waiving the risk of deportation isn’t a bad idea isn’t a bad idea for those staying a long time (that House version has 2007 as a starting date IIRC - correct me if I’m wrong. It allows people to come out of the shadows and the real fear of deportation barring any criminal activity (though a pathway for this was already outlined in the coming out of the shadows Act). As for stopping illegal immigration, two things need to be done. Border security and making sure employers are held accountable for hiring illegal immigrants (to be fair the coming out of the shadows act does seem to address this). I unlike some on the left think open borders is not practical and would only benefit David Koch and Sheldon Adelson.

As for the issue of inactivity, there is no one person responsible for the current situation but I’ve yet to see any evidence of a deafetist attitude from the administration. But the bottom line is not much is getting done as I would like. From my prospective, and I say this as the only left wing executive office holder and the longest tenured consecutive elected official, the minimum I’d ask is for stuff that actually get going in the Senate where issues are being debated and stuff is reaching the president’s desk and that there is a degree of energy in both chambers. Of course, that to a large extent requires some sort of vision. Outside of being pro-labor, I haven’t seen too much of a policy agenda (but there could be more behind the scenes since I’m not part of the cabinet/DPC/NPC in any way, and even on the issue of unions, the two parties are polarized in the game to the point where I don’t think debating a bill will accomplish too much, especially since the EFCA was debated a bit between you and Nev when it was introduced several months back, I haven’t seen much if any a direct policy initiative; one can not always rely on just the legislative body for bills, and I’d argue a situation (luckily with a bicameral legislative body, this is much less of a risk) where one person writes everything is often a recipe disaster and leads to yes manning. Me personally in Fremont, I have a list of bills on my hard drive ready to be put in a quene for when things get dry bill wise. To be fair, there are some criticisms, including the handling of the SOIA or from what it appears on the surface, the day to day operations of the administration, that I don’t think are warranted.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 06:19:15 PM »

It takes a person who seriously doesn't pay attention to the game to think this session of Congress and this administration has been productive. Either that or simply being delusional.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »

The Weatherboy Administration has achieved several accomplishments:

- Firing Fhtagn
- Appointing Jimmy7812, Sestak, and Zaybay to the administration
- Appointed a new NSC filled with excellent Atlasians
- Fired Dereich and appointed Bacon King
- Expanded availability of classified material (a move that has succeeded in angering the right)
- Appointed an excellent new GM in Reactionary

While no legislation has yet been put into law, this is because the house and senate have been unable to come together on legislation - the president cannot sign legislation when there is no legislation to sign. However, the house has passed several bills and the senate has passed a single bill and is considering several more, and I believe as the end of the term nears they will find ways to come together on a few pieces of legislation so they have something to mutually tout on the campaign trail this month. That being said, regardless of the sluggishness of Congress, Weatherboy has been an amazing president.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »

There is a huge list of things that the President can and should be doing, and it's painfully obvious he's made no effort to do so.

But I get it, it must be very hard to get to the work he's supposed to do here. It'd take too much time away from him posting dumb memes on discord.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 09:20:28 PM »

There is a huge list of things that the President can and should be doing, and it's painfully obvious he's made no effort to do so.

But I get it, it must be very hard to get to the work he's supposed to do here. It'd take too much time away from him posting dumb memes on discord.

Ultimately it is the responsibility of Congress to pass legislation not the President. Surely Weatherboy would support all of the legislation passed by our left-wing house, but unfortunately the senate has refused to act. This is the fault of the Senate, not of the President. Just as Presidents in the former united states could not force the Senate to be attentive to the will of the nation, Weatherboy cannot do so here. Of course there are "soft power" things you can do, which I imagine may be going on behind the scenes, away from the public boards and from lokcord. But ultimately it is the Senate's laziness that is most impacting this nation, not that of the President.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »

Ultimately it is the responsibility of Congress to pass legislation not the President. Surely Weatherboy would support all of the legislation passed by our left-wing house, but unfortunately the senate has refused to act. This is the fault of the Senate, not of the President. Just as Presidents in the former united states could not force the Senate to be attentive to the will of the nation, Weatherboy cannot do so here. Of course there are "soft power" things you can do, which I imagine may be going on behind the scenes, away from the public boards and from lokcord. But ultimately it is the Senate's laziness that is most impacting this nation, not that of the President.

I'm not just talking legislation.

That being said, there are two administration agenda slots in the House, there for weatherboy to use (something he'd know if he ever bothered to do his job in the House). But just like everything else he has done in his Atlasian career, he's all talk, and no action.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2018, 05:09:10 AM »

YOU GUYS HAVE A MAJORITY IN THE SENATE!!!!

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2018, 05:20:03 AM »

which I imagine may be going on behind the scenes, away from the public boards and from lokcord.

What motivation is there for others to join in and participate in the action if they never see any action going on? This game cannot function as six guys talking on an obscure chat server.

The chats must be a support mechanism not a substitute for the action, debate, statements and discourse that must occur primarily here in the boards of Atlasia.

I think Weatherboy has made some good moves in some areas, but I am not going to carry anybody's water here when I was dissatisfied personally with my own accomplishments and yet I signed 50 bills into law in two months with a hostile Congress. With a unified majority in Congress you guys seem incapable of getting anything through.

It is not the right that is obstructing you. It is not the Senate that is obstructing you. It is the hands off discordification of your officeholders that is obstructing you because they are too disengaged. I asked my own members to resign from the house when they got too inactive. I moved to expel my own members from the Senate multiple times pre-reset. You guys need to set standards and try to meet them, not lower the bar to justify the status quo.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2018, 05:26:35 AM »

As for the House, they have been ignoring transparency rules for constitutional amendments because nobody bothered to read the rules.

The Senate in their defense, never had their wiki updated to include the relevant passage and yet it is the House, whose rules I meticulously kept up today through the end of my Speakership that violated it. They have no one to blame but there own laziness.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2018, 05:35:07 AM »

Amazingly productive 15th Congress House compared to the last 5 Houses:

House in the 15th Congress (50% complete)
Passed Legislation:
HR 1342: Activity Standards Amendment
HB 1343: Cheaper Energy Helps All Act
HB 1344: Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 13. Triskaidekaphobia
HB 1346: Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 15. Quinoa May Be Food
HB 1350: Making it Easier for H1B Visa Holders to Become Permanent Residents

14th House
Passed Legislation:
HR 1323: Continuing Resolution to Avoid Shutdown
HB 1326: 3D Printed Firearms Act
HR 1326: Resolution to Condemn the Yulin Dog Meat Festival
HB 1327: Ethically Sourced Animal Testing Subjects Act
HB 1324:The Dual Officeholding Act
HB 1325: Revenue Enhancement Act
HB 1328: We Don't Need This Land, So Why Keep It? Act
HB 1329: No Book Bans Act
HB 1332: Deportation Reform Act
HB 1331: Federal Employee Protection Act
HB 1274: Small Business Tax Cut Act
HB 1333: Hey, South Carolina Has Nuts, Too! Act
HR 1330: Resolution to Recognize That Anti-Semitism Is Bad, Mmmkay?
HB 1334:Missing Alzheimer’s Disease Patient Alert Program Reauthorization Act
HB 1339: No More Stupid Laws Affecting Indians Act
HB 1341: Grammar Act of 2018
HB 1336: Tipped Employee Protection Act of 2018
HB 1337: October 2018 Foreign Relations Review
HE 1335:Resolution to Allow The Use of Other Languages on The Ballot
HB 1338: Sharing Someone Else's Nudes Is Not Okay Act
HB 1340: Hurricane Florence Relief Act

House in the 13th Congress
Passed Legislation:
HB 1257: Justice for Atlasian Survivors Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1259: Environmental Regulations Act(passed 8-0)
HR 1263: War Powers Amendment(passed 8-0)
HB 1263: War Powers Amendment revote(passed 6-0)
HB 1267: Fido and Fifi Deserve Better Act(passed 5-0)
HB 1268: Regulating Alcohol on Indian Lands is Dumb Act(passed 5-0)
HB 1264: Silly Rabbit, Makeup is for Humans Act(passed 5-0)
HB 1265: Jaws Is Our Friend, Not Food Act(passed 5-0)
HB 1261: Ethical Disclosure of Artificial Intelligence Act, 2018(passed 7-0)
HB 1238: the RON PAUL Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1258: INFOWARS.COM_PRISONPLANET.COM Act.(passed 5-0)
HB 1270: You Can Broadcast Here Act(passed 6-1)
HB 1272: The Sea Is Not Our Trash Can Act(passed 9-0)
HB 1282: LGBTQ+ Rights Expansion Act of 2018(passed 8-0)
HB 1285: The Student's Bill of Rights Act(passed 6-1)
HB 1279: Bringing Order to Aquatic Transportation Act(passed 8-0)
HB 1262: Postal Reform Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1278: No Child Should Be Allowed To Live In Poverty In Atlasia Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1281: Not All Pig Roasts Are A Good Idea Act(passed 6-0)
HR 1277: The Veto, Override and Redraft Joint Resolution(passed 6-0)
HB 1269: Au Revor To Useless Coins Act(passed 9-0)
HB 1284: Atlasian Jobs Creation Act of 2018(passed 5-0)
HB 1294: Amendment to the Fairness to Workers Act (passed 5-0)
HB 1288: DUMB REGULATION REPEAL ACT 9: NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!(passed 6-0)
HB 1290: Atlasian Government As A Model Employer Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1292: Amendment to the Criminal Justice Act of 2016(passed 5-0)
HB 1287: SANTANDER Act(passed 8-0)
HB 1289: Truth Is Not Subjective Act of 2018(passed 8-0)
HB 1293: Wildfire Disaster Funding Act(passed 9-0)
HB 1295: Don't Make Us Break Your Window Act(passed 8-0)
HB 1298: Let's Allow Alaskans to Make More Money Act(passed 9-0)
HR 1296: Resolution Recognizing That Moby Dick Had The Right Idea(passed 9-0)
HB 1297: Tampon Act(passed 9-0)
HB 1276: Fixing Atlasia's Inequitable cRiminal justice system Act(passed 8-0)
HB 1301: It's Mine Time Act(passed 8-0)
HB 1302: Free Press Amplification Act(passed 5-0)
HB 1310: Promoting The Arts Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1303: Just So We Are Clear Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1305: Dumb Regulation Repeal Act XI(passed 7-0)
HB 1306: Minor Tweaks To Bankruptcy Law Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1307: Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 12: Boom Boom Pow!(passed 6-0)
HB 1309: Cruel And Unusual Punishments Are Bad Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1275: Small Business Tax Cut Act(passed 4-0-1)
HB 1300: Dumb Regulation Repeal Act X: This Land Is Our Land (passed 6-1)
The Helios Act(passed 6-3)
HB 1314: Boring Legal Mumbo Jumbo Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1304: Don't Bank With Us Act(passed 5-2)
HB 1315: Hey Man, Grass Aint Cheap Act(passed 8-0)
HB 1311: Make Nyman A Paradise Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1317: Fixing Deregistration Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1313: Standard Barrels Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1312: Fairer Juries Act(passed 5-0)
HB 1318: Spelling Counts Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1316: Open Relationship Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1204: School Defense and Mental Health Reform Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1319: Making Party Platforms More Transparent Act(passed 6-0)
HB 1308: Flood Insurance Reform Act(passed 7-0)
HB 1295: Don't Make Us Break Your Window Act revote(passed 8-0)

12th Congress House
Passed Legislation:
HR 1222 -- Federal Budget FY2018 & House Rules Amendment (Passed 8-0)
Right to Try Act - HB 1227 (Passed 9-0)
Accountability in Foreign Aid Act - HB 1225 (Passed 8-0)
High-Speed Rail Act of 2018 - HB 1208 (Passed 8-0)
Let's Try This Act - HB 1231 (Passed 5-0)
FREE SPEECH PROTECTION ACT - HB 1232 (Passed 8-0)
HR 1230 -- Eminent Domain Reform Act (Passed 7-0)
The HELIOS Act - HB 1131 (Senate Originated Bill x2) (Passed 8-0)
HB 1236 -- Hot Food with SNAP is OK Sometimes Act (Passed 9-0)
The Student's Bill of Rights - HB 1224 (Passed 8-0)
Employee Free Choice Act of 2018 - HB 1226 (Passed 6-3)
HR 1241 -- Cheaper Flights ACT (Passed 7-0)
The FHTAGN Act - HB 1238 (Passed 8-0)
Who Polices the Police Act - HB 1237 (Passed 8-0)
Governmental Efficiency Act of 2018 - HB 1234 (Passed 9-0)
Animal Policies Reform Act - HB 1239 (Passed 7-0)
War Dogs Act - HB1240 (Passed 8-0)
HB 1244 -- Vroom Vroom Act (Passed 7-0)
NUCLEAR ENERGY IS THE FUTURE ACT - HB 1242 (Passed 8-0)
HB 1243 -- Reforming Criminal Law Act (Passed 7-0)
HR 1248 -- Fairness to Workers Act (Passed 6-0-1)
HR 1247 -- Religious Freedom Amplification Act (Passed 5-0)
HB 1255 -- High-Speed Rail Act of 2018 (Passed 5-0)
Decriminalization of Online Activities Act - HB 1246 (Passed 7-0)
HB 1251 -- Tangier Island Protection Act (Passed 6-0)
HB 1256 -- We Should Help Workers Act (Passed 5-1)
HB 1254 -- Dumb Regulations Repeal Act (Passed 5-0)
SUPPORTING I.S.R.A.E.L ACT - HB 1252 (Passed 5-0)
Artificial Intelligence Amendment - HR 1249 (Passed 7-0)
LGBTQ+ Rights Expansion Act - HB 1250 (Passed 5-0)

11th Congress House
Passed Legislation:
Succession of Seats Resolution
Paygo Rule Resolution amendment
HB 1200 -- Enceladus Mission Probe Funding
Federal Electoral Act of 2018 - HB 1189
Party Organisation Act - HB 1191
Amendment to the Return Education to the Regions Act - HB 1198
Transparency is a Right Act - HB 1206
HB 1198 -- Thibodaux 1887 Memorial Act
How Was This Missed Resolution - HR 1207
HB 1202 - Care for Veterans Act
HB 1210 -- Save the Bees Act
HB 1187 -- An Act to Preserve and Cherish Native Atlasian Culture
HB 1213 -- Atlasian Drone Regulation Act of 2018
HB 1217 -- MADA Act
HB 1211 -- Constitutional Amendment Explanation Requirement Act
Speaker No Confidence Resolution  - HR 1216
Freedom of Farmers to Farm Freely Act - HB 1215
Penal Reform Act 2018 - HB 1183
People’s Healthcare Information Protection Act - HB 1212

10th congress House
Passed Legislation:
HB 1181 -- Patent Reform Act of 2017
Abolish Daylight Savings Act - HB 1184
Make Atlasia Debate Again Act, 2018 - HB 1185
Atlasian Evidentiary Disclosures Act - HB 1182
Cheaper Medicine Helps the Poors Act - HB 1186
Voting Clarification Amendment - HR 1193
Health Through Prevention Act - HB 1179
Right to Lottery Privacy Act, 2018 - HB 1194
Reintroduction of Top Secret Classification Act - HB 1196
Return Education to the Regions Act

At current pace, it might barely match the 10th by January 4th.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM »

One will notice the most productive House was when I was Dpeaker? Coincidence? I think not!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2018, 04:12:07 PM »

One will notice the most productive House was when I was Dpeaker? Coincidence? I think not!

No, it was a coincidence seeing as how Federalists wrote something like 2/3rds of all bills that session. Plus you had the benefit of an active Deputy who helped keep the floor moving and whipped votes. Given how few bills are being drafted now that Labor/left controls both houses is a pretty good indication that you can't claim most of the credit for the 59 bills/resolutions passed in the 13th.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2018, 04:18:37 PM »

No, it was a coincidence seeing as how Federalists wrote something like 2/3rds of all bills that session. Plus you had the benefit of an active Deputy who helped keep the floor moving and whipped votes. Given how few bills are being drafted now that Labor/left controls both houses is a pretty good indication that you can't claim most of the credit for the 59 bills/resolutions passed in the 13th.

In case you weren't aware, I haven't been in Congress until yesterday. And the bill count slumped when fhtagn was Speaker. Any objective assessment would be that I did a great job.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2018, 05:13:18 PM »

In case you weren't aware, I haven't been in Congress until yesterday. And the bill count slumped when fhtagn was Speaker. Any objective assessment would be that I did a great job.
The only reason for the bill slump during Fhtagn's speakership was due to Sestak and his Laborites voting down everything that reached the Senate.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2018, 05:25:36 PM »

Y'all are idiots if you genuinely think that any sort of bill slump is solely due to who was speaker, or who was president, or because 'the party I disagree with is worse at getting bills through.' There are lots of variables at play (how many bills the citizens are writing, the individual beliefs of the representatives, whether or not bills are being rushed, etc.) You can't just look at who was president or speaker or the CEO of the McDonald's at the time, because it's not accurate, and doesn't say too much about the actual bills being passed.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »

Y'all are idiots if you genuinely think that any sort of bill slump is solely due to who was speaker, or who was president, or because 'the party I disagree with is worse at getting bills through.' There are lots of variables at play (how many bills the citizens are writing, the individual beliefs of the representatives, whether or not bills are being rushed, etc.) You can't just look at who was president or speaker or the CEO of the McDonald's at the time, because it's not accurate, and doesn't say too much about the actual bills being passed.
ding ding ding
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2018, 05:26:52 PM »

I have accomplished so much during his tenure as Governor, much more than President WB or former Governor Fairboi.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »

#BringBackPericles!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2018, 05:31:22 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2018, 05:37:06 PM by Sestak »

The only reason for the bill slump during Fhtagn's speakership was due to Sestak and his Laborites voting down everything that reached the Senate.

There were, like, 2 or 3 far-right bills that were killed in the last Senate. And while below the 13th, I do believe that the 14th as a whole eclipsed most congresses before that.

Edit: In terms of bills passed. In terms of activity it was of course much worse considering like half of them were stuff fhtagn and I pushed through in the lame-duck.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »

There were, like, 2 or 3 far-right bills that were killed in the last Senate. And while below the 13th, I do believe that the 14th as a whole eclipsed most congresses before that.
Far-right bills? Also, you refused to state reasons for having your party vote down thosr bills in the Senate.

Also, when are you going to put my Dumb Regulation Repeal bills on the Senate floor. I know there are empty slots. What's the holdup?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2018, 05:41:03 PM »

Far-right bills? Also, you refused to state reasons for having your party vote down thosr bills in the Senate.

Also, when are you going to put my Dumb Regulation Repeal bills on the Senate floor. I know there are empty slots. What's the holdup?

Hold your horses. Im sure there's a lot of activity going on in a private discord somewhere.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2018, 05:43:12 PM »

ding ding ding

I disagree. Never sucked as Speaker in the 3rd and 4th Congress. He made 91 posts across the forum across a two week period (Dec 9th through 22nd) and didn't have time to make a single post in the House. It was the only time in history that literally 100% of the house could have been expelled for violating the activity standard and it was 100% the Speaker's fault.

A Speaker cannot make people introduce bills, but a Speaker can hinder and prevent action through sheer incompetence and/or gross inactivity. I am not saying anyone has reached that level here (yet), but lets not go overboard with this narrative.

We keep coming back to the same argument? "There is nothing we can do because x, y, z". This pisses me the  off because it is false. People said the same thing in Jan and February 2017. Regions were threatening to secede because Congress was so incompetent and it was so hopeless.

1. You maintain your noticeboard and update it regularly
2. You establish and maintain lines of communication. You or a whip should PM all members after each update and when bills pass you should PM the whole leadership team of Congress (VP, PPT/Speaker and both deputies)
3. The VP should maintain lists of passed bills from each chamber so bills aren't lost in between.
4. Compel debate by requiring advocacy on all amendments and bills within 24 hours of introduction to the floor, lest the bill/amendment get canned
5. If there are deficiencies, draw attention to it. If members are routinely under performing, you ask them to retire/resign.
6. If you run out of bills, get out the census list and start PMing your constituents offering to introduce bills for them.

There is always something you can do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies