CBS News / YouGov: Braun +3 (IN), Sinema +3 (AZ), Tied in FL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:00:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  CBS News / YouGov: Braun +3 (IN), Sinema +3 (AZ), Tied in FL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CBS News / YouGov: Braun +3 (IN), Sinema +3 (AZ), Tied in FL  (Read 5485 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 28, 2018, 10:15:31 AM »

I’m not a huge fan of YouGov, but it does suggest what we already knew - these will all be close races
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »

Are we really dissecting YouGov crosstabs guys
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 11:14:31 AM »

Are we really dissecting YouGov crosstabs guys

Yes, we should not find their flaws within their methology. We must indulge into our own confirmation bias! I want to believe.

Honestly, this is the only sense I can make out of a poll with 8 % undecided voters 9 days before a pivotal election. I hate this political spining loaded with false equivalencies and What-Aboutisms

It's poor practice to attempt to discredit polls based on their crosstabs. The crosstabs always have much larger margins of error than the poll in general and were never really meant to considered accurate in the first place. You might be correct in saying that a certain crosstab is wrong, but that really proves nothing about the poll overall because errors in the other crosstabs might counteract it and balance things out.

Right, and I’m leery about Internet polls to begin with, which is why wandering into their crosstabs strikes me as a fools errand
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies