MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6  (Read 3171 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 11:34:21 PM »

You are truly delusional if you think Kavanaugh helped the democrats. Even MSNBC is saying the GOP got a big boost from it. Americans like winners and democrats aren't winning anything lately. GOP is dominating all the political fights.

Most polls since things have calmed down say that the Kavanaugh confirmation has energized Democrats more than Republicans.

It physically hurts reading whatever SN has to say.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 11:52:40 PM »

You are truly delusional if you think Kavanaugh helped the democrats. Even MSNBC is saying the GOP got a big boost from it. Americans like winners and democrats aren't winning anything lately. GOP is dominating all the political fights.

Most polls since things have calmed down say that the Kavanaugh confirmation has energized Democrats more than Republicans.

It physically hurts reading whatever SN has to say.

Well, it's basically "Republicans don't care at all about policy or how lawmakers affect the lives of Americans. It's all about 'winning' and triggering the libs" Exhibit A. It may be painful to read, but it's important to remind ourselves where we are right now.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 11:58:19 PM »

Why do people keep saying blacks are leaving the Dem party when they were crucial in helping them in their two biggest wins in the past year VA/AL. Just look at the exit polls there are no signs of lost support.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 12:42:26 AM »

Why do people keep saying blacks are leaving the Dem party when they were crucial in helping them in their two biggest wins in the past year VA/AL. Just look at the exit polls there are no signs of lost support.

Republicans have been making those claims forever now, and it never turns out to be true.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 02:01:18 AM »

I'm Black and I would vote for Debbie Stabenow 10 times out of 10 over John James.

Also, the overwhelmingly majority (higher than 80%) of Black voters are still voting for Democrats. That's not changing for the foreseeable future, no matter what Trump, Kanye, Candace Owens or Republicans say.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 04:05:57 AM »

Perhaps you guys will take this race more seriously now.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 06:25:44 AM »

I can buy that maybe James could scare Stabenow by keeping the race within single digits. What I don't buy I is that he'll pull an upset. It's not the right year to begin with.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 08:10:21 AM »

Yeah, that's why a lot of Democrat leads have been whittled down in most polls, because Democrats were more energized than Republicans when it came down to Kavanaugh.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 09:19:43 AM »

Yeah, that's why a lot of Democrat leads have been whittled down in most polls, because Democrats were more energized than Republicans when it came down to Kavanaugh.
The enthusiasm gap is even. I do not get where these posters are getting their information. All the house polls I have seen have shown tightening since Kavanaugh..
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2018, 12:22:20 AM »

They look at the national numbers, not the battleground numbers. Makes sense to me. If you poll CA and NYC you'll get the results you want.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2018, 12:23:16 AM »

D+6 on two polls is probably enough to keep it in the Likely D column for now.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »

The polls could be overinflating her support
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »

Stabenow will win😁
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »

Nope she will lose.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2018, 07:52:48 PM »

You are completely delusional. Stabenow losing would be like Tom Coburn losing in Oklahoma in 2010.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »

You are completely delusional. Stabenow losing would be like Tom Coburn losing in Oklahoma in 2010.

Stabenow is not as safe as Coburn was, but she is still in a very strong position. However, if this were a Clinton midterm, this race would be even closer.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 11:47:09 PM »

This race is clearly tightening, but its probably too late.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2018, 10:59:17 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2018, 11:09:11 AM by Lakigigar »

I'm probably more cautious than the average person, so keep that in mind. MI is right now likely D. I have Wisconsin and Ohio also at likely D (but they're safer right now than Michigan), because we haven't seen a poll recently from those states, and i expect some polls in those states might show the race will be (barely) decided in single-digits. PA is solid D. Don't take polls too literally. I had Michigan as toss-up in 2016 because i didn't believe the polls in the Rust Belt were right, because during the primaries the polls there were terrible, and because the states weren't polled enough, and because i truly believed in the Rust Belt electoral college strategy (and turning out the WWC voters). Remember that Trump anticipated all of this, when he saw how Ventura was elected as governor in MN in 1998. He knew exactly what area would make him president (and of course the national environment in 2016 helped him).

It's worth noting that this is a mid-term and that this is very different to the 2016 elections. 1) There is no Trump on the ballot. 2) There is no Clinton on the ballot. 3) This is a mid-term election, with different turn-out and with actual politicians on the ballot. Trump basically carried Michigan with his anti-Washington and populist message, so most likely some of them will skip those elections. And 2020 might be very different from 2018 again for the same reasons mentioned again. So, if Stabenow win with a margin in double digits, don't assume that Trump will lose in Michigan in 2020, even if polls show him behind or with a low approval rating. I'm guessing that Trump in the polls when anticipating the 2016 election would have had low approval ratings in those states as well. This is why i'm skeptical of Democrats flipping Iowa and Ohio in 2020 if they aren't going to change their electoral strategy and platform (more focused on the economy, less on social issues and bashing Trump).
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2018, 11:32:51 AM »

This race is clearly tightening, but its probably too late.
we shall see I think James can still win but he needs Trump to come
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies