FL-SEN: Nelson + 1 (Strategic Research Associates)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-SEN: Nelson + 1 (Strategic Research Associates)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Nelson + 1 (Strategic Research Associates)  (Read 2063 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Latest-poll-Florida-gov-senate-races-neck-and-neck-498545201.html

Nelson 46
Scott 45

Same Poll has DeSantis up 3 over Gillum.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »

Has Trump approval at a 53-44 (+9) in Florida. #Yikes
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »

Same Pollster has Cramer ahead by 16 in ND and Manchin ahead by 16 in WV.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 12:05:54 PM »

If a poll that finds Trump +9 in Florida can't find Scott ahead, stick a fork in him.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 12:07:28 PM »

Well if that’s the case, this confirms my theory that I’d much rather be Nelson than Scott right now.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 12:07:52 PM »

Oh look who it is, its Strategic Research Associates, the same pollster that gave Cramer a lead of 16 with an electorate of 60%R, a 10% increase from 2016. Are you telling me they also made an unreasonably R sample that caused false results. Wow, ya dont say?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 12:11:06 PM »

Oh look who it is, its Strategic Research Associates, the same pollster that gave Cramer a lead of 16 with an electorate of 60%R, a 10% increase from 2016. Are you telling me they also made an unreasonably R sample that caused false results. Wow, ya dont say?

They also have Manchin ahead by 16 in West Virginia.

Vote rich GOP Counties not included...

The poll was conducted by Strategic Research Associates, LLC, of Austin, Texas. A total of 800 likely voters were surveyed between October 16-23,2018. Determination of the likely voter sample was based on past vote history. Respondents were contacted by live interviewers, with 50% of calls completed on a landline telephone and 50% completed over a cellular telephone. Due to the catastrophic impact of Hurricane Michael, original field dates were delayed, and the sampling frame did not include respondents living in Washington, Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Franklin, Liberty, Gadsen, and Wakulla Counties. This feature of data collection should be considered when interpreting the results. The final results are weighted based on analysis of the state voter file and exit polling data. The margin of error for the complete sample is +/3.46 percentage points, with higher margins of error for any sub-group.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 12:13:44 PM »

The poll was conducted by Strategic Research Associates, LLC, of Austin, Texas. A total of 800 likely voters were surveyed between October 16-23,2018. Determination of the likely voter sample was based on past vote history. Respondents were contacted by live interviewers, with 50% of calls completed on a landline telephone and 50% completed over a cellular telephone. Due to the catastrophic impact of Hurricane Michael, original field dates were delayed, and the sampling frame did not include respondents living in Washington, Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Franklin, Liberty, Gadsen, and Wakulla Counties. This feature of data collection should be considered when interpreting the results. The final results are weighted based on analysis of the state voter file and exit polling data. The margin of error for the complete sample is +/3.46 percentage points, with higher margins of error for any sub-group.

It really doesnt matter if they excluded counties or not, the data shows they clearly oversampled R voters. Trump is at +10 approval in the state, which hasnt been found by any other poll so far.Its a clear outlier. Whats surprising to me is that Nelson is still leading even in such a biased outlier poll, so.....I dunno, put it in the average.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 12:17:43 PM »

WUT, you’re telling me that Republicans might actually have a better chance at winning Senate races in Romney/Trump states than in an Obama/Trump state that went for Trump by 1 even though Scott is a stronger candidate than Hawley, Braun, etc.?!11!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »

WUT, you’re telling me that Republicans might actually have a better chance at winning Senate races in Romney/Trump states than in an Obama/Trump state that went for Trump by 1 even though Scott is a stronger candidate than Hawley, Braun, etc.?!11!

I know, that's pretty crazy, tbh. Kinda like the idea that Democrats have a better chance of picking up a seat in an Obama/Clinton state than a 20%+ Romney/Trump state.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 12:23:20 PM »

It really doesnt matter if they excluded counties or not, the data shows they clearly oversampled R voters. Trump is at +10 approval in the state, which hasnt been found by any other poll so far.Its a clear outlier. Whats surprising to me is that Nelson is still leading even in such a biased outlier poll, so.....I dunno, put it in the average.

It does. AND it has become apparent that Siena, CNN, Q-Pac + others really oversampled Democrats living on the Florida Gold Coast (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach Counties) because people in the Panhandle had something else to do answering Pollsters when there homes are destroyed and their lives were at risk.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 12:25:08 PM »

It does. AND it has become apparent that Siena, CNN, Q-Pac + others really oversampled Democrats living on the Florida Gold Coast (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach Counties) because people in the Panhandle had something else to do answering Pollsters when there homes are destroyed and their lives were at risk.

The panhandle is not a large region in terms of population. I can buy that the race will shift 2 points R, or the approval of Trump in the state by 3, but what you are suggesting is a move of around 10-15 approval points out of nowhere. It doesnt add up. And seriously, this is a brand new pollster with no background or history, we dont know its quality. But it should be incredibly clear that this is an outlier, no matter how you slice it.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 12:27:05 PM »

The panhandle is not a large region in terms of population. I can buy that the race will shift 2 points R, or the approval of Trump in the state by 3, but what you are suggesting is a move of around 10-15 approval points out of nowhere. It doesnt add up. And seriously, this is a brand new pollster with no background or history, we dont know its quality. But it should be incredibly clear that this is an outlier, no matter how you slice it.

If FL is an outlier so is West Virginia. LOL, quite funny how you bragged all around Manchin being up 16 when he clearly isn't.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »

I know, that's pretty crazy, tbh. Kinda like the idea that Democrats have a better chance of picking up a seat in an Obama/Clinton state than a 20%+ Romney/Trump state.

But #BredesenStrongCandidate #BlackburnWeakCandidate
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »

If FL is an outlier so is West Virginia. LOL, quite funny how you bragged all around Manchin being up 16 when he clearly isn't.
You must be confusing me with someone else, I never bought the Manchin +16 poll. It just shows how bad the pollster is. Manchin is up, probably by around 7-10 points, 16 is excessive.

Anyway, it seems like we can both agree that both polls, in fact, all polls done by this pollster, have been odd and outliers entirely.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »

Gotta how how 2016 unironically believes FL approves of Trump by 9. FL is not 18+ points to the right of the nation no matter how much you'd like that to be the case.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »

You must be confusing me with someone else, I never bought the Manchin +16 poll. It just shows how bad the pollster is. Manchin is up, probably by around 7-10 points, 16 is excessive.

Anyway, it seems like we can both agree that both polls, in fact, all polls done by this pollster, have been odd and outliers entirely.

No, I don't. FOX had Cramer up 12 in their latest Poll and this Poll has Cramer up 16...entirely reasonable.

I predict that Heitkamp will lose by 20.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 12:38:57 PM »

No wonder why nobody was polling North Dakota except these guys.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »

No, I don't. FOX had Cramer up 12 in their latest Poll and this Poll has Cramer up 16...entirely reasonable.

I have already talked about that poll enough, and I dont want to contaminate this thread, so I will stick with FL.

The poll is clearly garbage, but, as it is a poll, the best choice is to put it in the average.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »

I have already talked about that poll enough, and I dont want to contaminate this thread, so I will stick with FL.

The poll is clearly garbage, but, as it is a poll, the best choice is to put it in the average.

You're a hack if you believe it. You're a hack if you don't see it as a data point.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »

Looks like it's getting better for Nelson. This seems like a right-leaning pollster.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 05:30:44 PM »

Is this the same poll (Other Source) that just the day before per what is posted on the board here had Nelson with a 9 point lead?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »

Is this the same poll (Other Source) that just the day before per what is posted on the board here had Nelson with a 9 point lead?

No, the Nelson +9 poll was from St. Leo's. That should also be ignored, given that they had Clinton up 12 at this point in Florida.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »

Here is now the entire Poll

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/GRAY_FL_October_Survey.pdf

54 Female
46 Male

65 White
15 Black
13 Hispanic
7 Other

Party ID