NV Benenson/AARP poll with 79% 50+ voters: Heller +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:32:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV Benenson/AARP poll with 79% 50+ voters: Heller +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV Benenson/AARP poll with 79% 50+ voters: Heller +1  (Read 1121 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:12:57 AM »

Watch the usual suspects ignore the 50+ voters or the +1 part and say "Welp, Heller's ahead again, this race is over, I knew it."

If Democrats only remain slightly ahead in early voting, I might move this to Lean D, but for now, Likely D race is Likely D.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:56:22 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2018, 12:13:56 PM by Xing »

Oh the red avatars on here, trying to will a tossup race as anything other than a tossup, even going to the lengths of finding a sliver of hope in an old people poll conducted between Sept. 6 and Sept. 26. I get the enthusiasm and that you want to really win this seat, but... likely D, lean D, it is not.

Pure tossup and a race to watch late on Election Day. And, as it always has been, the most vulnerable Republican seat this cycle. Don't get ahead of yourselves using what basically is an old poll conducted over a way too long period. Keep that celebratory champagne on ice.

I have to agree with this. Most people on here act as if Nevada is a lean Democratic state, whereas I'm not so sure if it has reached that point. While I think Rosen will win, I also don't rule out the possibility of a narrow Heller victory. In my view, this race remains a tossup.

You don't think a state that went for Clinton and elected a Democratic Senator in a pretty bad night for Democrats twice (2010 and 2016) is at least a Lean D state? Bush was the last Republican to win there nationally, and Heller held on by the skin of his teeth against a damaged opponent.

Heller could win, but that does not suggest Democrats are having a good night at all. It probably means at least R+4 in the Senate, and that Democrats are coming up quite a bit short in the House. It amuses me that people disregard polls like this, but eat up a poll showing Heller winning Latinos.
I have to agree with this. Most people on here act as if Nevada is a lean Democratic state, whereas I'm not so sure if it has reached that point. While I think Rosen will win, I also don't rule out the possibility of a narrow Heller victory. In my view, this race remains a tossup.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies