MI-MRG: Stabenow +16
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:23:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-MRG: Stabenow +16
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MI-MRG: Stabenow +16  (Read 5696 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 12:11:59 AM »

Guys, leave SN2903 alone. He just wants to cheerlead and be a hack for his favorite candidate. It's not like we don't have plenty of Democrats who do the same cheerleading for candidates who are in just as dire if not worse shape than John James is (COUGH Heitkamp.)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »

Guys, leave SN2903 alone. He just wants to cheerlead and be a hack for his favorite candidate. It's not like we don't have plenty of Democrats who do the same cheerleading for candidates who are in just as dire if not worse shape than John James is (COUGH Heitkamp.)

I think O'Rourke is a better analogy here.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 10:25:06 AM »

I think O'Rourke is a better analogy here.

There's a huge difference in being behind by 6 and being behind by 16.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2018, 10:52:09 AM »

There are few if any as bigger droning hack is this dude.

And leave it to you to think that James actually has as good a chance as height Camp of winning at this point Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »

And leave it to you to think that James actually has as good a chance as height Camp of winning at this point Roll Eyes

Yeah you're right, James probably has a better chance. At least he can get within single digits in some polls. Not to mention the state he's running in is D+1 rather than R+17.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 12:08:26 PM »

Who’s this height Camp person?

There's a huge difference in being behind by 6 and being behind by 16.

O'Rourke is down by 7 in the RCP average, James by 11, but on the other hand MI is easier for a Republican to win than TX is for a Democrat (and yes, I am taking the national environment into account here) and you could argue that James has been closing the gap recently. No, I don’t think either of them will win, but both have amassed a lot of hype because of their profile/background, ability to excite the base, rallies, charisma, etc., hence the comparison.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2018, 09:18:17 PM »

More legit poll today has it a 7 point race with Debbie Downer under 50.

Is it “more legit” because you like the results more?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Michigan,_2018

gotta say this to the D avatars in this thread....  SN203 was probably more right about this than many of you were. He basically got all the undecideds to show up for him. Same thing happened with Jim Renacci vs Sherrod Brown
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »

Yeah you're right, James probably has a better chance. At least he can get within single digits in some polls. Not to mention the state he's running in is D+1 rather than R+17.

I will now accept my accolades.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2018, 11:12:43 PM »

I'm wondering if this is a race that was winnable with the right level of investment and attention.  Stabenow is kind of bland, and James was a very strong candidate (and one I'd like to see run again).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »

I'm wondering if this is a race that was winnable with the right level of investment and attention.  Stabenow is kind of bland, and James was a very strong candidate (and one I'd like to see run again).

Nah, no Republican was winning this race in this political environment no matter how much they invested. But if 2020 is a neutral year or better for the Republicans then it could certainly happen.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies