WI Reuters/Ipsos/UVA: Evers +3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:35:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI Reuters/Ipsos/UVA: Evers +3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI Reuters/Ipsos/UVA: Evers +3  (Read 2500 times)
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« on: October 24, 2018, 09:35:18 AM »

My governor NEEDS to GO! Trump is visiting Wisconsin today. I'm sure Walker will make up more lies about Evers after seeing this poll. The next MU poll is next week, by the way.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »

Atlas annoys me sometimes. I guess Evers has to be leading by 20 to satisfy some! Even a slight lead is bad.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 11:24:34 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2018, 11:31:26 AM by BlueFlapjack »

Reuters is a bad pollster, but it’s definitely not good news for Evers that he’s underperforming Baldwin by 12 points. Still a Toss-up.

I very much doubt Evers and Baldwin will be that far apart on Election Day. Again, I know my state pretty well and it's extremely polarized under Walker. I've been canvassing and have spoken to hundrends of Walker voters this cycle. Every last one of them is also voting for Vukmir. Every Baldwin supporter I know is also voting for Evers. I am a firm believer that Baldwin will coattail Evers in the end. People and pundits thought WI was going to split tickets between Hillary and Johnson because Feingold and Johnson ended up polling close, whereas Hillary held her modest lead over Trump. Baldwin is the Hillary of 2016 in polling, whereas Evers is the Feingold of 2016 in polling. This article is proof: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/blogs/wisconsin-voter/2016/11/03/top-races-show-signs-ticket-splitting/93262280/

I honestly think this will be the case this year, with both Evers and Baldwin winning, but I'm going try my harest not to be complacent. This race could go either way, still.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 12:15:08 PM »

Like I said, I disagree. There is NO way Walker is surviving while Baldwin is leading by 12 points in such a polarized political environment and a very polarized state like WI.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 07:54:15 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2018, 09:10:37 PM by BlueFlapjack »

I'll be less complacent if the next MU law poll gets released on October 31 shows Walker leading again or tied with Evers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies