AZ NYT/Siena: McSally +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:18:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ NYT/Siena: McSally +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ NYT/Siena: McSally +2  (Read 2515 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 20, 2018, 09:43:15 AM »

After applying this new poll, the model I'm currently working on thinks the AZ Senate race would look like this if it were held today:

Kyrsten Sinema (D): 48.82% - 964,408 ✓
Martha McSally (R): 46.88% - 926,085
Other candidates: 4.30% - 84,944

Total votes: 1,975,437

These are numbers based on data and fundamentals, not a random guess. It is not a final prediction by any means, as it will change by Election Day with new data. But this gives an idea of what I would like to do.

I think it will be over 2 Million Votes. How do you come up with these Numbers? Sinema would need to win Maricopa County to win the Election and she won't win that County. The last Democrat to win that County running in a Statewide Race I believe was former Governor Janet Napolitano in 2006. Dems haven't won Maricopa in a Governor, Senate or Presidential Race ever since.
we actually won it in 2014, in a downballot race. Besides, I don't see how you could say that unless mcsally was leading every poll by 3+ points in every poll. Sinema will likely win it regardless of the winner of the overall race.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:31:52 PM »

After applying this new poll, the model I'm currently working on thinks the AZ Senate race would look like this if it were held today:

Kyrsten Sinema (D): 48.82% - 964,408 ✓
Martha McSally (R): 46.88% - 926,085
Other candidates: 4.30% - 84,944

Total votes: 1,975,437

These are numbers based on data and fundamentals, not a random guess. It is not a final prediction by any means, as it will change by Election Day with new data. But this gives an idea of what I would like to do.

I think it will be over 2 Million Votes. How do you come up with these Numbers? Sinema would need to win Maricopa County to win the Election and she won't win that County. The last Democrat to win that County running in a Statewide Race I believe was former Governor Janet Napolitano in 2006. Dems haven't won Maricopa in a Governor, Senate or Presidential Race ever since.
we actually won it in 2014, in a downballot race. Besides, I don't see how you could say that unless mcsally was leading every poll by 3+ points in every poll. Sinema will likely win it regardless of the winner of the overall race.

We'll see. As we get closer to Election Day Republicans will come home even more. The GOP had a very divisive Primary which ended August 27th. Arizona will behave like it always does in the end I think. Democrats haven't won a Senate Seat in AZ since 1988. Even if Sinema wins she will be a one-termer similar to Gardner in CO.
umm.. the only reason sinema has the upper hand is BECAUSE the state is diversifying. It will be even more diverse by 2024. Also, this poll had way more undecided dems than pubs. They will come home.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies