AZ NYT/Siena: McSally +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:51:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ NYT/Siena: McSally +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ NYT/Siena: McSally +2  (Read 2530 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: October 20, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »

I think it will be over 2 Million Votes. How do you come up with these Numbers? Sinema would need to win Maricopa County to win the Election and she won't win that County. The last Democrat to win that County running in a Statewide Race I believe was former Governor Janet Napolitano in 2006. Dems haven't won Maricopa in a Governor, Senate or Presidential Race ever since.

Maybe, but rule of thumb in politics is that it's impossible until it isn't. Large, lasting swings at the state/county level are not impossible by any means, and can sometimes seem like they are coming out of nowhere. I'm sure lots of people were saying Democrats/Republicans in 2008/2016 would not win <county>, yet they did in the end. On top of that, Trump's margin in Maricopa was pretty underwhelming. It was only a few points, and comfortably under 50%. I think even pluralities under 50 are fairly noteworthy because it does indicate a dislike of the president that can and often does manifest itself in a backlash against their party down the line.

This is the final result? I thought they were supposed to poll more people?

I thought so. They are short about 200 people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies