Quinnipiac: Gillibrand +25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Quinnipiac: Gillibrand +25
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Gillibrand +25  (Read 1099 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:28:39 AM »

Gillibrand: 58
Farley: 33
Clearly a state we needed Quinnipiac to use its resources to poll https://poll.qu.edu/new-york-state/release-detail?ReleaseID=2580
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:00:40 AM »

I'm a bit surprised Gillibrand isn't performing as strongly as I expected. Maybe it's the whole "I might be running for President" thing?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 07:02:53 AM »

#Gillibrandunder60

I'm a bit surprised Gillibrand isn't performing as strongly as I expected. Maybe it's the whole "I might be running for President" thing?

Probably that and her becoming more of a "national partisan figure" than she was before. Also, I don't know who her opponent is, but it's not Wendy Long, so that's automatically a plus for the GOP.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 08:22:25 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2018, 08:34:50 PM by Seriously? »

Meh. There are some Republicans in New York that wouldn't vote for Gillibrand no matter what.  

The floor seems to be between 20-35%. Gillibrand won 63-35 in 2010, so really no shocks here with that poll.

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »

The Q is in the NYC metro area, so not shocked they polled NY here. They always do.

Gillibrand: 58
Farley: 33
Clearly a state we needed Quinnipiac to use its resources to poll https://poll.qu.edu/new-york-state/release-detail?ReleaseID=2580
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 08:28:41 PM »

A"Hey Jim, people consider us one of the best pollsters around, we should probably do some more polls to fortify our standing with the polling community. What race should we tackle next? There havent been that many polls of MO, and that race is super competative, perhaps we should enter the scene?"

B"Nah"

A"What about IN? Most see it as going towards the Ds, but perhaps we should be the judge of that?"

B"Nope"

A"Geez, do you actually want to do ND? Most pollsters dont come out of there alive"

B"Of course not"

A"Geez Jim, what race are we doing? What race needs polling besides those?"

B"....I got it"

A"huh?"

B"We are doing NY Senate, thanks for the suggestions Joe, helped get the gears moving"

A"....."

B" You can go now Joe"
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »

#Gillibrandunder60
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »

Really love everyone moaning about pollsters polling their own regions/states.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »

A"Hey Jim, people consider us one of the best pollsters around, we should probably do some more polls to fortify our standing with the polling community. What race should we tackle next? There havent been that many polls of MO, and that race is super competative, perhaps we should enter the scene?"

B"Nah"

A"What about IN? Most see it as going towards the Ds, but perhaps we should be the judge of that?"

B"Nope"

A"Geez, do you actually want to do ND? Most pollsters dont come out of there alive"

B"Of course not"

B"....I got it"

A"huh?"

B"We are doing NY Senate, thanks for the suggestions Joe, helped get the gears moving"

A"....."

B" You can go now Joe"

Honestly, even if for some bizarre reason they wante to poll a titanium D/R state, they could have at least polled Wyoming (no polls whatsoever) or Nebraska (only partisan polls, and the last one was from January!)
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »

B"Nah"

B"Nope"

B"Of course not"

B"....I got it"

A"huh?"

A"....."

B" You can go now Joe"

"Hey Joe, I know we're based in NYC and typically poll northeastern races, so let's do a poll of our own state."

"Nah fam, let's go out and poll Missouri because atlas posters cant exist without looking at polling every single waking second."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies