CO Magellan (R): Polis +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:12:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO Magellan (R): Polis +7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO Magellan (R): Polis +7  (Read 1704 times)
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:48 AM »

Polis 47
Stapleton 40
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 08:36:54 AM »

Safe D race remains Safe D, more at 11.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 08:49:44 AM »

Isn't this the third of four polls with 47-40% for Polis?
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 09:06:55 AM »

Safe D race remains Safe D, more at 11.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 09:22:30 AM »

Yawn
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »

Is this a harbinger of how things will now be in Colorado? Polish and Stapleton seem to be quintessential generic partisans.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 10:58:38 AM »

And the experts had this as a super close Toss-Up for over a year. Who would've guessed that they were wrong??? (I did, as did several other posters on this forum)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »

Lean D.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 02:08:49 PM »

Wow. If Stapleton is down by seven in a Republican internal, he might even lose the actual election by double digits.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 02:45:03 PM »

Wow. If Stapleton is down by seven in a Republican internal, he might even lose the actual election by double digits.

I agree. And it is very possible, given that Bob Beauprez lost by 16 in 2006, the last major Democratic wave year.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 02:46:27 PM »

Q now is if Dems can sweep row offices
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »

Q now is if Dems can sweep row offices

I wonder about that as well. I certainly am not helping them in that regard, since I've voted to reelect the incumbent Republican Secretary of State, Wayne Williams.  However, I have voted for the Democratic nominees in the other statewide races (Phil Weiser and Dave Young), in addition to Polis.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »

Is this a harbinger of how things will now be in Colorado? Polish and Stapleton seem to be quintessential generic partisans.

Yes. Colorado is a Safe D state now, and it will be for a long time to come.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »

I thought Polis would win but not by double digits. But now that looks to be the case.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »

Oh boy, this is so over.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 04:19:27 PM »

I agree. And it is very possible, given that Bob Beauprez lost by 16 in 2006, the last major Democratic wave year.

against someone who was a centrist, if not mildly conservative. This is against maybe not a radical but someone who is very liberal.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »

against someone who was a centrist, if not mildly conservative. This is against maybe not a radical but someone who is very liberal.

Polis is definitely liberal, but he's not that much different from Governor Hickenlooper, if you really think about it. He is an inoffensive generic Democrat and comes off as reserved.

Moreover, Colorado has an inherent bias for Democratic Governors. It has elected four Democrats and one Republican over the past forty-four years. This election is merely a continuation of that trend. And Democrats have won almost every gubernatorial election by double digits in that period, with the exceptions of 1974, 1998, 2002, and 2014.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »

Polis is definitely liberal, but he's not that much different from Governor Hickenlooper, if you really think about it. He is an inoffensive generic Democrat and comes off as reserved.

Moreover, Colorado has an inherent bias for Democratic Governors. It has elected four Democrats and one Republican over the past forty-four years. This election is merely a continuation of that trend. And Democrats have won almost every gubernatorial election by double digits in that period, with the exceptions of 1974, 1998, 2002, and 2014.

I was talking about Ritter.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

I know who you were talking about, but Hickenlooper is very similar ideologically to Ritter, and I was drawing the comparison between Polis and the current incumbent.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

I know who you were talking about, but Hickenlooper is very similar ideologically to Ritter, and I was drawing the comparison between Polis and the current incumbent.

I just see Ritter and Polis in a different light, I guess.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »

I just see Ritter and Polis in a different light, I guess.

That is understandable. As I said, I do think Polis is more liberal than Ritter, but Polis isn't a radical departure from the kinds of Governors Colorado has tended to elect.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies