FL-St. Pete's: Scott +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:48:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-St. Pete's: Scott +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FL-St. Pete's: Scott +2  (Read 2778 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2018, 06:08:38 AM »

49/47. Schorsch cautions that parts of the Panhandle impacted by Michael are under-sampled.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:19:04 AM »

Gillum now just over a point ahead of DeSantis despite DeSantis running a zombie campaign? Oh...
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:53:01 AM »

But Atlas told me this race was already over...
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »

Wow, De Santis ahead by 4 among those who already voted. This is a good sign for him because one of the reasons why Trump managed to flip Florida in 2016 was because he managed to reduce the Democratic advantage in early voting.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:01:36 AM »

Wow, De Santis ahead by 4 among those who already voted. This is a good sign for him because one of the reasons why Trump managed to flip Florida in 2016 was because he managed to reduce the Democratic advantage in early voting.

Pretty sure it was the opposite. Clinton did great in EV but Trump did amazing in election day votes.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 08:08:15 AM »

Ah, good ole Atlas, where tossup = safe D when in the real world, a tossup is a tossup.

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »

Good news! I think Scott is more than qualified to have this seat after watching his response on Michael.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 08:24:43 AM »

something something VA-GOV 2017 redux something Quinnipiac /s

Toss-up remains Toss-up, and this is definitely more winnable for Republicans than WV or MT.
bilaps
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »

More than 500,000 people already voted in Florida by mail. In person early voting starts in 10 days. Even though Democrats have requested more mail ballots, Republicans so far have returned some 40,000 more ballots so having De Santis up 4 isn't so much surprising. However it's good news for him and for Scott. These numbers so far are ok for Republicans.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »

For anyone wondering, the trend from the last St. Pete poll is R+1 in the governor race, and R+2 in the senate race. Then again, St. Pete is not something I would call a "good pollster" so its best to wait for another pollster to confirm the trend.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »

More than 500,000 people already voted in Florida by mail. In person early voting starts in 10 days. Even though Democrats have requested more mail ballots, Republicans so far have returned some 40,000 more ballots so having De Santis up 4 isn't so much surprising. However it's good news for him and for Scott. These numbers so far are ok for Republicans.

The GOP is down 25k relative to 2014, whereas Dems are matching 2014. NPAs are up 12k over 2014. See tweet for graph.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 08:42:01 AM »

And this same poll says that 61 % of Florida voters approved of how Rick Scott handled Hurricane Michael. This is really a good sign for him.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 09:08:17 AM »

I agree. After Michael reached landfall, Scott had this in the bag. 51-48 for Scott.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 09:09:13 AM »

I agree. After Michael reached landfall, Scott had this in the bag. 51-48 for Scott.
You are really going all in on a Scott+2 poll, huh?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 09:15:43 AM »

So how good a pollster, or not, is st. Pete's?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 09:45:16 AM »

Zaybay always discredits the Pollster because he doesn't like the Numbers. This isn't just an Anti-Republican Year, it is a anti-Incumbent Year for people in Washington and Nelson has been in D. C. for 18 years and has done nothing good for Florida.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 09:52:10 AM »

Not really. All the fundamentals point to a Scott victory. Trump having a positive net approval there, Hurricane Michael, Scott's fortune and his good relationship with the hispanics and Nelson being old and having no message. I do not believe that Nelson will prevail. In fact, I think Nelson will underperform Clinton. Michael was just a nail in the coffin. In the coming weeks you will see Scott's number rise in the polls from the hurricane bump.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »

Not really. All the fundamentals point to a Scott victory. Trump having a positive net approval there, Hurricane Michael, Scott's fortune and his good relationship with the hispanics and Nelson being old and having no message. I do not believe that Nelson will prevail. In fact, I think Nelson will underperform Clinton. Michael was just a nail in the coffin. In the coming weeks you will see Scott's number rise in the polls from the hurricane bump.

And also Scott's record as Governor : strong job creation and the fact that during his 8 years as Governor, education in Florida prospered. Florida passed from #35 in 2011 to #7 in the country in terms of education.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 10:38:43 AM »

This pollster has generally been friendly to Scott, but yeah, this is still a Toss-Up, ugh.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 11:08:49 AM »

And also Scott's record as Governor : strong job creation and the fact that during his 8 years as Governor, education in Florida prospered. Florida passed from #35 in 2011 to #7 in the country in terms of education.

Attributing job creation to governors is usually a fool's errand. They usually just stand by and take credit for things that are out of their control.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2018, 12:47:22 PM »

Zaybay always discredits the Pollster because he doesn't like the Numbers. This isn't just an Anti-Republican Year, it is a anti-Incumbent Year for people in Washington and Nelson has been in D. C. for 18 years and has done nothing good for Florida.

Its literally one Scott +2 poll. If Nelson were leading by 2 in this poll, I wouldnt jump and declare him the victor, especially if DeSantis were leading in the governor portion.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 12:49:36 PM »

Its literally one Scott +2 poll. If Nelson were leading by 2 in this poll, I wouldnt jump and declare him the victor, especially if DeSantis were leading in the governor portion.

You did say the race was Lean D in a thread about a poll that had Scott winning though.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 12:51:28 PM »

You did say the race was Lean D in a thread about a poll that had Scott winning though.
Well yeah, that was based off the clear momentum Nelson was showing in multiple pollsters. The hurricane wasnt in my thinking at the time, as it could have a clear impact moving it to tossup. I would like more polls before justifying a trend.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »

Well yeah, that was based off the clear momentum Nelson was showing in multiple pollsters. The hurricane wasnt in my thinking at the time, as it could have a clear impact moving it to tossup. I would like more polls before justifying a trend.
Pat McCrory helped with hurricane assistance and he still lost. The idea it will push Scott over the edge is ludicrous. Nelson is most likely going to win.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »

Pat McCrory helped with hurricane assistance and he still lost. The idea it will Scott over the edge is ludicrous.

Of course, the hurricane may or may not have an effect, the question is if this one will, which is why we must wait to see what movement comes out of FL, and not jump on the first poll.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies