FL-St. Pete's: Gillum +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:18:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-St. Pete's: Gillum +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-St. Pete's: Gillum +1  (Read 1541 times)
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« on: October 17, 2018, 11:01:25 AM »

Both senate and governor races will go down to the wire per usual in this state.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »

Wouldn’t put it out of the realm of possibilities. It has happened before!
+1 gillum and +2 Scott are both believable but we are still well within the MOE. I said on another thread this race will get much closer than Gillum +9. Both parties are guaranteed a 47% floor. Early voting in Orange County starts Monday
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 09:47:48 PM »

Both senate and governor races will go down to the wire per usual in this state.

And I've been scorned so much by it. I really hope, that even if the margins are razor thin, for  Gillum/Nelson victories. It would improve my opinion of the state enough to make me want to apologize for all the s*** I've given it on this forum.

Both races are going to be fascinating to watch. While turnout will be the ultimate factor, I have spoken with quite a few people who are ticket splitting for DeSantis/Nelson. These are moderate  voters for Gwen Graham in the primary who think Gillum is a bridge too far ideologically, but believe Scott is a terrible person altogether (red tide is one factor). It’ll be interesting to see if turnout exceeds 2016 - I think it actually might.  There are so many cross-currents at play here affecting both races.
1) two centrists running for senate (by Florida standards)
2) two ideologues for governor (by Florida standards)
3) trump’s approval is net +2 (at least that’s the last one I saw)
4) red tide - Everglades Trust endorses DeSantis - does this help DeSantis?
5) Hurricane Michael- does the panhandle turnout drop effectively helping Gillum?
6) Polling- Gillum never led in any primary polling; DeSantis has yet to lead in GE polling- can we trust the polls are correct now?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies