A Different Republican Icon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:41:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Different Republican Icon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you think will win the 1980 Election
Fritz Hollings

Jack Kemp

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: A Different Republican Icon  (Read 67990 times)
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« on: September 06, 2019, 09:49:03 AM »

I really love this timeline!

Have you thought of doing a collaborative timeline with someone like Parrotguy?
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »

What didn’t work?  Just curious?
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 12:00:19 PM »

TL’s we were interested in doing were not matching up and while theoretically we could do one main solo TL and another collaborative one , that would be too time consuming so that idea didn’t work either  . Maybe though in the future we could write a collaborative TL though

Maybe do one set in 2020 where you do the GOP and he does the Dems and you update in real time. You can use polls to decide the outcome of elections
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 04:14:19 AM »

Keep going with this!
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »

Keep this up man!  Also have you ever considered doing POV bits like what ColdWarLiberal used to do so we could get an insight into the minds of major characters
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 05:33:19 PM »

Don’t stop man. Keep this up!
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 07:20:18 PM »

When is the next update?  It’s been too long
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 06:49:25 AM »

Keep going man, I want more!
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 05:16:32 AM »

Can’t wait for the next update
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 04:00:10 AM »

Have any guesses for who the candidates will be

Kemp surely, Ford probably. Westmoreland perhaps as a Hail Mary?  Some Rockefeller Republican but idk who
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »

Hang on you haven’t done the 1979 gubernatorial elections
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 02:51:23 PM »

The 1979 Gubernatorial elections would be in November, the SOTU is in January.

Yeah but we had the 79 SOTU already and the invasion of Afghanistan was in December 79

So we should have had the elections
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 04:30:07 PM »

President Hollings's 1979 State of the Union Address :

Speaker O'Neill: Ladies and Gentlemen, members of Congress: It is my high privilege and distinguished honor to present to you the President of the United States(Standing Ovation)

President Hollings: Thank You, Thank You. Mr.Vice President, Mr.Speaker, members of congress: I want to start of by congratulating everyone here who won their election this past November and I will be looking forward to working with you for the next 2 years(Applause). Over the past two years we made lots of progress in the areas of combating poverty, expanding healthcare , educating our children but the fact is we cant get content as we have lots of work to do (Applause). It is my intention for us to expand on the progress we have made over the past two years as the fact is we can always make our nation a better place(Applause).

The most important task for any generation is to educate our children, as they are the future and will decide whether our nation will continue to reach our promise(Applause) . The most important factor in making our education system better is to make sure we can attract top talent in the profession of teaching and do that we must increase teacher pay if we want to attract such talent(Applause). Second we must work to eliminate the racial gap in our education system and the fact is we must replace our current failed policy of busing with a concrete plan which increases the number of schools we have in our communities and then we must eliminate discrimination when it comes to housing and to do say we most ban the hideous pracitice of redlining(Applause). Doing so will eliminate segregation in our communities which will in turn elimate segregation in our schools(Applause). A good education is the best way we can also reduce poverty and it will be a goal of mine for the rest of my presidency to ensure that(Applause).

Another way we can reduce poverty is by making sure every working man and women is treated fairly in the workplace(Applause). The best way to do that is by making sure we have strong unions that have and continue to represent their workers and make sure they are treated with dignity. It was unions who helped eliminate unsafe working conditions, slave wages and much more and we must not allow them to fall as they are the best representation any working person can have(Sort of Applause).

Lastly one of the most important jobs of a President is to ensure our people are safe and also help make the world a safe place too(Applause). Currently, in Iran, military leaders in both our nations are working with each other to make stability can be kept in place(Applause) and to give our support to the Iranian Government, I want to introduce to all of you the Shah of Iran, Mohammed Reza Pahlavi(Standing Ovation) and  I want to let you know Mr.Pahlavi that we will do anything we can to restore stability in your nation(Applause). Second, to keep our nation and world safe we must continue to reduce the number of nuclear weapons on this planet so we reduce the chances of the talks of a war destroying our civilization(Applause) which is why I urge the Senate to ratify the treaty our nation signed with the Soviets last year.

Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America

I thought this was the 1979 State of the Union Address.  Surely the one you just posted is the 1980 one?
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »

The 1979 Gubernatorial elections would be in November, the SOTU is in January.
No worries. Was just making sure I got it right
I made an error , I apologize for that
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 09:22:23 AM »

"Who needs anything west of the Mississippi" - Fritz Hollings

Missouri and Arkansas are west of the Mississippi...but I take your point
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 12:37:43 PM »

When you do your epilogue can you please put electoral maps for the presidential elections and put the running mates of each candidate?  Additionally could you put the political careers of the candidates (which offices they held and for how long)?  Could you also name who gets on the Supreme Court?  Finally could you put the congressional composition of the House and Senate and potentially any interesting people that were elected in each midterm (certainly new Senators and relevant house members though obviously not the full delegation)?

Sorry I'm a nerd (though aren't we all)
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 02:48:16 AM »

When you are done with the epilogues could you list all the offices the presidents and VPs held during their career?
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 05:44:48 AM »

Yeah that's fair…wasn't expecting you to do something like school board member lol
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 06:17:59 AM »

Having followed this timeline from the start I agree it was a very good one.  I cannot wait for the next one!
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »

Before you go can you put the positions each President and VP has held?

(mayor, state legislature, governor, federal legislature, cabinet)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies