NJ CBS/YouGov Tracker: Menendez +10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:54:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  NJ CBS/YouGov Tracker: Menendez +10
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NJ CBS/YouGov Tracker: Menendez +10  (Read 3062 times)
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 02:02:44 AM »

I wish all of these Democrats in NJ - who we know are immensely enlightened and reasonable - would give up the partisanship and vote against Mendendez due to his corruption.  I know, I know, it would go against their political positions, but they're the reasonable party.

I expected more of you, NJ Dems.

I don’t blame them for voting for Menendez in the general election (a vote for Hugin is a vote to make McConnell majority leader, after all), but I expected more of them in the primary. Oh well, not really.

I mean, his primary "opponent" was a literal some chick without a campaign and still got like 40% of the vote, so...

But yeah, it is sad and beyond pathetic that no serious Democrat stepped up to challenge him, as they would've won easily, both the primary and the general.

I'll give Tom the benefit of the doubt here and assume he wasn't trying to compare Menendez's garden variety corruption with Moore's pedophilia in that post.

Isn't there credible reports of Menendez' own pedophilia in the DR and Haiti? New Jersey is built on corruption, Menendez is a different breed of sick.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 02:08:32 AM »

I wish all of these Democrats in NJ - who we know are immensely enlightened and reasonable - would give up the partisanship and vote against Mendendez due to his corruption.  I know, I know, it would go against their political positions, but they're the reasonable party.

I don’t blame them for voting for Menendez in the general election (a vote for Hugin is a vote to make McConnell majority leader, after all), but I expected more of them in the primary. Oh well, not really.

I mean, his primary "opponent" was a literal some chick without a campaign and still got like 40% of the vote, so...

But yeah, it is sad and beyond pathetic that no serious Democrat stepped up to challenge him, as they would've won easily, both the primary and the general.

I'll give Tom the benefit of the doubt here and assume he wasn't trying to compare Menendez's garden variety corruption with Moore's pedophilia in that post.

Isn't there credible reports of Menendez' own pedophilia in the DR and Haiti? New Jersey is built on corruption, Menendez is a different breed of sick.

I don't think those ever made it past the right wing rumor mills. But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they were true. The guy is a straight scumbag.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 02:10:40 AM »

I wish all of these Democrats in NJ - who we know are immensely enlightened and reasonable - would give up the partisanship and vote against Mendendez due to his corruption.  I know, I know, it would go against their political positions, but they're the reasonable party.

I don't think those ever made it past the right wing rumor mills. But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they were true. The guy is a straight scumbag.

I was thinking that before I posted so I checked. Google "Menendez Dominican republic" and you'll find plenty of reputable sources. Menendez doesn't belong in public office, he's far worse than Al Franken ever was and he got chased out.

But like I said, everyone in NJ is corrupt. Menendez is a special breed, pedophile or not, he's just a bad guy. It's a shame that Republicans suck so bad that people like him can remain in the Senate.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »

I wish all of these Democrats in NJ - who we know are immensely enlightened and reasonable - would give up the partisanship and vote against Mendendez due to his corruption.  I know, I know, it would go against their political positions, but they're the reasonable party.

I voted for McCormick in the primary. I knew it would be in vain, but really my conscience is clear even as I plan on voting for Menendez in November.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »

Interesting crosstabs showing that far more Menendez supporters are open to considering Hugin than vice versa. Not surprising, but Hugin still has some opportunity at late persuasion.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 12:14:24 PM »

It’s telling that this board is perfectly fine with supporting a man with a corrupt and sketchy legal history since he is a Democratic Senator, yet this same board insists the man in the Oval Office needs to be removed for having a similar dubious legal history
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »

It’s telling that this board is perfectly fine with supporting a man with a corrupt and sketchy legal history since he is a Democratic Senator, yet this same board insists the man in the Oval Office needs to be removed for having a similar dubious legal history

Its very simple. Hugin will vote with Trump 80-90% of the time, Menendez wont.
psychprofessor

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »

We're allowed to vote for Menendez this one time...too many Democrats crossed over to vote for Christie for governor...twice! At least the NJ Dems know that they want Menendez gone and it isn't a pleasant vote. The REPS in Alabama were swooning over Roy Moore.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2018, 12:31:39 PM »

Hugin literally has been endorsed by Atlas.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 12:37:47 PM »

Actually, most red avatars don't like Menendez at all, but thanks for playing.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 07:20:06 PM »

Trump's legal issues are in no way similar to Menendez's. Trump makes Menendez look like Mother Theresa.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies