RI-Della Volpe: Raimondo +8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:56:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  RI-Della Volpe: Raimondo +8
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RI-Della Volpe: Raimondo +8  (Read 1199 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2018, 03:59:46 PM »

Raimondo (D): 40%
Fun (R): 32%

http://www.golocalprov.com/politics/golocalprov-harvards-della-volpe-poll-governors-race-nearly-a-dead-heat
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »

Note Trillo's 17%. Looks like Raimondo's getting off easy.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:51:57 PM »

Raimondo would be in big trouble in a Clinton midterm, but this year, looks like she gets a pass. Lean D, closer to Likely than Toss-Up.
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.43

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 12:52:09 AM »

Not sure about this particular poll, but Raimondo would be vulnerable to better opposition than what she has faced this year. She's never been a threat to hit 50%.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2018, 05:07:31 PM by AMB1996 »

Does anyone think Trillo will reach that on Election Day? I know RI has an anti-establishment streak (see Healey), but I think Raimondo should be a little worried that at least of his voters will ultimately go to Fung. I wish they'd poll on second choices for all three candidates' supporters.

Also of interest:

• <20% are certain who they will vote for
  • Raimondo has a major advantage on public education
  • Fung has no clear advantages but is best on fiscal issues
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 10:40:09 PM »

Does anyone think Trillo will reach that on Election Day? I know RI has an anti-establishment streak (see Healey), but I think Raimondo should be a little worried that at least of his voters will ultimately go to Fung. I wish they'd poll on second choices for all three candidates' supporters.

Also of interest:

Raimondo should be worried. She has a ceiling.

Trillo's a Trump Republican to the right of Fung. Healey was strictly a protest vote. I could see the Trillo voters deserting to Fung.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 10:32:20 AM »

Also of interest:

Trillo's a Trump Republican to the right of Fung. Healey was strictly a protest vote. I could see the Trillo voters deserting to Fung.

Don't overestimate how many voters acknowledge a left-right spectrum and place themselves on it. RI especially has a number of Trump-style populist conservatives who are loyal to Democrats.
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 06:46:35 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2018, 06:52:18 AM by colincb »

Also of interest:

Don't overestimate how many voters acknowledge a left-right spectrum and place themselves on it. RI especially has a number of Trump-style populist conservatives who are loyal to Democrats.

Trump's totals were a couple of points better than the average of the last 4 GOP presidential runs, but in line with Bush in 2004. Trump was still under 40%. RI (or MA) is the most Democratic state in the US and the 2 US reps and 2 US senators from RI have won on average by over a 30% in their last races.

There are a lot of Democrats who are not loyal to Raimondo. That's the real issue with this race. She's under 50% as a Democratic incumbent and that's not normal for RI, particularly since Fung is not a strong candidate.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »

Also of interest:

Trump's totals were a couple of points better than the average of the last 4 GOP presidential runs, but in line with Bush in 2004. Trump was still under 40%. RI (or MA) is the most Democratic state in the US and the 2 US reps and 2 US senators from RI have won on average by over a 30% in their last races.

There are a lot of Democrats who are not loyal to Raimondo. That's the real issue with this race. She's under 50% as a Democratic incumbent and that's not normal for RI, particularly since Fung is not a strong candidate.

While Trump didn't hit 40% (he got 38.90%), it should also be noted that Hillary only got 54.41% of the vote due to third parties.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies