Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:41:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59426 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 11, 2018, 09:33:06 PM »

Nobody.

I have to say though, the longer your ignore list is, the lower my opinion is of you.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 11:08:41 PM »

It’s just that people get to be Anonymous on these types of forums so many people behave in ways they otherwise wouldn’t

I definitely agree with this. Anonymity can bring out the worst in people, since they know that they're not going to face repercussions for what they say.

This.

People are too free to call people racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and such around here simply because they advocate issue positions the are not part of the political agendas of organized minorities, feminists, LGBT, and immigration advocates.  These are mass constituencies with political agendas, and being against an agenda does not mean you are biased against them as people.  Often, however, these groups advocate policies that, however beneficial to these individual groups may be, are not, IMO, beneficial to the whole of America.

That sort of opposition does not make you a racist, sexist, etc.  In the real world, such slander can cause one real economic harm.  It can also cause one to be able to sue the slanderer and prevail in court.  And, quite frankly, many people turn to those epithets to avoid an intellectually honest defense of their policies.

I'm not going to tolerate being called any of those names, and I'm going to push for the banning of people that do.  I'm not going to ignore them; I'm going to push, and push, and push, and push for their banning until THEY go away, or stop the slander and stick to discussions on policy.  But I'm not going to go to sleep and ignore them while they trash me.

There is, very much, a difference between criticizing one's argument and defaming someone and slandering and libeling their character.  I won't stand for that.  It's not allowed in the ToS.  That's why no one is going to be on my ignore list.  If they're going to slander and libel me (which is different than criticizing my, or my viewpoints), I'm going to fight back.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 11:12:14 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2019, 07:57:44 PM by Fuzzy Stands With Sanchez! »

I still don't have anyone on my ignore list.

If you want to be a jerk to me, I'm here to push back.  I'll outlast my haters.  But I'm not going to let jerks blindside me.  As for well-intentioned posters who disagree with me, that's always fine.  
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 07:58:51 PM »

The only person I would consider ignoring is James Monroe. Not only vitriolic in tone, but also deluded himself into thinking he's speaking for all black women as a generic Delaware guy. Olawakandi is a gem at who I find myself laughing many times, same with Santander assuming he's a troll.

James Monroe has actually gotten better over time.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 10:28:40 PM »

Current list:

MasterJedi
Biden/Abrams Voter
Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud
Sbane
Landslide Lyndon
Trends are real, and I f**king hate it
krazen1211
Ghost of Ruin
politicallefty
Non Swing Voter
IceSpear
ProgressiveCanadian
Türkisblau
catographer
BundouYMB
Taco Truck 🚚
iBizzBee
Mizzouian
#Joemala2020
The Self
Neither Holy Nor Roman 👁️
Lu Xun
R.P. McM
Speaker of the Lincoln Council S019
Forumlurker
roxas11
Vittorio
Darn, I couldn’t hold out. Alright, I have to ask; with figures like roxas11, ibizzbee, Forumlurker, and Antonio V under ignore, why am I not in this list? I’m to the left on a few issues to Antonio V and post much more then the prior two while having bouts of aggression and confrontation in my posts, so I’m kind of confused here?

If it makes you feel any better, I could put you on my ignore list for 24 hours. That way you could feel like you're part of the cool a****** Club. Wink

@ Mister reactionary. I'm glad to see that both you and I continue our game of De tante by not putting either on our respective ignore list. Grin

Lol. I think a couple years back I had u on ignore briefly and I ended up clicking "show post" so much it became a nuisance. Enough of your posts are interesting enough to keep you off ignore. Plus how would I know what to argue with you over if I dont read your posts? Wink

That's why I haven't put Fuzzy Bear on ignore. 

That's why I don't put ANYONE on ignore.

That, and if someone's going to trash me, they're going to do it with me watching them and ready to fight back. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 05:54:36 AM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
Ghost of Ruin
smoltchanov
ProudModerate2
ProgressiveCanadian
Shadows
Meclazine
Jacobin American