Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:15:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59383 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: October 11, 2018, 12:21:47 PM »

No one because I don't believe in automatically discounting anyone's opinion just because I dislike it.

Great things never came from comfort zones.

I agree with you (with the obvious disctinction made for spam accounts). I never had a problem simply going over a post made by somebody I consider "very unproductive".

Like I see a post from, let's say, LimoLiberal, and I just scroll down.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 04:06:28 PM »

Guys just chill the f**k out. If someone wishes to put someone on ignore so be it. With that said, Calthrina, with all due respect and I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to debate, but you need to develop a thicker skin towards criticisms in regards to both yourself and ones directed towards a party.

But why I should have to tolerate personal attacks? In my view, such attacks cross a clear and definite line, particularly when they are tinged with insulting other users. Just look at the responses from Scott and cookiedamage. Their comments should be construed as clear violations of the Terms of Service, and they should be banned for them.

Good to see you're self-aware enough not to question the factual accuracy of their statements Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:33:30 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2018, 07:37:16 PM by Kalwejt »

Some of the more offensive posts made by maineac4434 have since been deleted. As for New Frontier:

Why would you say this? I'm not defending Starr, but Hillary Clinton shouldn't be help up as some paragon of morality, either. This is yet another example of why she should not (and will never be) have become President.
I reiterate "F**k Ken Starr!"
That is your opinion. But it still doesn't detract from what I said about Hillary Clinton, in particular.

Are you mocking my post? I don't take such insults too kindly.
Are you a baby or something? Get tougher skin.

Also, like other posters have said, you're not a real moderate.

Well you have just earned the newest spot on my ignore list. I thought you were one of the reasonable posters here, but these comments of yours demonstrate that you are no different from any of the people with whom I've interacted here.

This really doesn't qualify as an "insult".

You want to fight the windmills, that's your choice. Just don't expect a diffrent outcome.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:53:40 AM »

Some of the more offensive posts made by maineac4434 have since been deleted. As for New Frontier:

Why would you say this? I'm not defending Starr, but Hillary Clinton shouldn't be help up as some paragon of morality, either. This is yet another example of why she should not (and will never be) have become President.
That is your opinion. But it still doesn't detract from what I said about Hillary Clinton, in particular.

Well you have just earned the newest spot on my ignore list. I thought you were one of the reasonable posters here, but these comments of yours demonstrate that you are no different from any of the people with whom I've interacted here.

You want to fight the windmills, that's your choice. Just don't expect a diffrent outcome.

What do you mean by this? This isn't even the extent of what New Frontier said. And his interactions with other users here only lends credence to my arguments.

I've been addressing a specific example you've provided. Saying you're not a "real moderate", or that you act childishly, is not an insult nor a personal attack. It's an opinion. As of the gif, well, it's a sarcastic reply.

Look, and I mean it with all sincerity: I really hope you're not exhibiting this attitude in real life, because it'd only make it extremely hard for you to go about.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »

What do you mean by this? This isn't even the extent of what New Frontier said. And his interactions with other users here only lends credence to my arguments.

I've been addressing a specific example you've provided. Saying you're not a "real moderate", or that you act childishly, is not an insult nor a personal attack. It's an opinion. As of the gif, well, it's a sarcastic reply.

Look, and I mean it with all sincerity: I really hope you're not exhibiting this attitude in real life, because it'd only make it extremely hard for you to go about.

The thing is though; in communities like this generally when its one person that has a problem with something or someone while generally everyone else is OK then its on that person; and not something that the community ought to transform itself over.

Like that's clearly the case here: you have one person who feels like a lot of people - including lots of posters who generally no one else seems to have ever had a problem with - are being mean to him or whatever while no one else seems to have a problem with them at all.  I'd suggest that in that sort of case you probably ought to consider the single common thread within that: and that's the person who's doing the complaining.  Either you are rubbing everyone up the wrong way and making them hostile to you or you have skin 1mm thin and the sort of things that everyone else ignores or has a giggle at as massive personal attacks which should lead to a transformation of the community.  Again there's only generally one thing in common between all of these cases and its the person doing the complaining; and while its not always true it usually is that in examples like that that's the person who probably needs to consider why people might be hostile towards them.

To answer the question: I have no one on my ignore list (normal); although I added eharding to it when he was around because I had no interest in reading his 50 moronic screeds every day.

Neither of you seem to fully understand what I've been trying to argue here. And at this point, I've gotten tired of trying to explain. The behavior exhibited by many of the users on this website would be cause for punishment elsewhere, and should be. Perhaps the examples that I provided aren't the best examples; I would have to go back through my post history for me. And it is simply not true that I am the only person who has clashed with these particular individuals; others on here have as well.

I am just going to continue ignoring, and if necessary, reporting those who make inappropriate or offensive comments. That is the best I can do. But when you even have moderators on this website who don't act any different from many of the users here, that makes the task even more difficult.

Ignoring/reporting is fine, but if you're going to react publicly every time someone's been impolite or disagreed with you the way you didn't like, it will only result in you getting more of what you've been trying to fight against. This is how the internet works. Have you ever heard the phrase "don't feed the trolls"?

I think your reactions are not only misguided, but also pretty juvenille. I'm really trying to be helpful here, but if you consider this a personal attack, be my guest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 03:18:23 AM »

It’s just that people get to be Anonymous on these types of forums so many people behave in ways they otherwise wouldn’t

No, they only get to think they are anonymous.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 07:11:19 AM »

It's still empty.

Some people trying to make the forum into their own safe space is pretty sad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies