Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:30:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59350 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: October 11, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »

Was ljube banned or did he leave us? That was a funny account back in the day!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 08:00:32 PM »

Anyone who's ignore list is longer than a few posters is literally a child.  The only excuse is if you're some 20-year Atlas veteran who still has trolls from the 2004 election on ignore.

Blocking/ignoring people is a power fantasy for people who want the serotonin rush that comes with enacting petty vengeance upon someone they dislike. Having people on ignore makes your user experience extremely irritating, and you'll always be paranoid that people are talking about you if you can't read their posts. It ultimately just ends up creating more work for the person with a long ignore list, because they'll be constantly clicking "show post."

That's why you eliminate the temptation by removing the feature. It's a beautiful and successful feature now. I constantly see people complaining about Sir Woodbury and Landslide Lyndon (even pre-election), and I haven't seen a post from them in years, truly improving my quality of life by magnitudes. Just looking at my list, I found three other active posters that I totally forgot exist.

There is no avoiding rampant thread starters like Runeghost and GWBFan but missing 90 percent of their posts sure improves the usability.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 07:58:28 AM »

Funny - I couldn't tolerate IndyRep's memeing for years, but this is the first election where he seems to be posting substantial posts defending his positions that make a lot of sense instead of just build up strawman scenarios and predictions that no real posters are proposing.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 11:03:14 AM »

Funny - I couldn't tolerate IndyRep's memeing for years, but this is the first election where he seems to be posting substantial posts defending his positions that make a lot of sense instead of just build up strawman scenarios and predictions that no real posters are proposing.
"DeSantis more vulnerable than Evers"

Yes, it's deleted now but you can clearly see here that it's not a fabricated quote.

Yes, I liked that post at the time because it was a major issue. He seems to have taken that as constructive criticism and changed since June. His September and October posts have been unusually insightful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies