Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:57:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59839 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 13, 2018, 12:41:50 AM »

Nobody....

Prefer the scroll down option myself, if there is an individual poster that happens to be particularly annoying.

I understand the recent thread from a poster a few weeks back promoting the use of the ignore button, but for myself it isn't really my thing at this time, so long as the Mods continue to practice due diligence when it comes to the Fascists and NAZIs, reign the trolls in, and continue to follow Dave's ToS contract in a relatively Libertarian style of Moderation.

Ignore is always an option, but not one that I have yet chosen to exercise, since on the Forums that I generally follow and am actively engaged in, these matters tend to sort themselves out over a period of time, and there is nothing wrong with Freedom of Speech within a Political Forum, and sometimes even posters who I may fundamentally disagree with on certain issues, might have massively insightful posts and perspectives on another issue.

Choose to Ignore or not, it's one individual's choice.

Certain types of behavior based upon the ToS and "Dave's Rules" will naturally be met with an appropriate response on the part of the Mod Team, and as always individual members of the Atlas Collective are free to report posts, raise public questions about moderation decisions, etc...

Only problem with Atlas is occasionally the whole "herding cats" scene, where there are relative handful of Mods, so many threads, etc...

The amazing thing about the Atlas Mod Team, is that somehow they manage to make all of this work, without having to resort to Draconian Measures ultimately because there is a high level of "self-policing" from the Atlas Collective....

Shots out to y'all... Smiley
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:50:42 PM »

Nobody....

Generally my theory regarding trolls is simply to ignore them rather than engage, but not via the Ignore Button...

Occasionally, I might toss a minor grenade their direction, just like my Grandfather did when he was fighting in the Trenches in France and Germany during World War II shortly after the Liberation of the Four Beaches as part of the D-Day Operation.

Still, I support 100% the Right of all posters to use the ignore button, and 100% the cause of those posters that engage the Fascists and White Supremacists that exist and crawl out of their Pill Boxes on Atlas (WW II Normandy "Invasion" ref for those of you not as familiar with US History)...

My concept is that if we ban a poster it should be as a direct result of the ToS, or a violation of "Hate Speech" type gig (No Free Speech for NAZIs and racists (Hell in a work environment folks could easily be fired for some of the crap that occasionally gets posted here against "protected classes").

Ignore not my bag....

Eliminate the Fascists and White Supremacists and Fellow Travelers--- 100% YES.

There are tons of dumb a$$ DEM and PUB Avatars alike, so not cherry picking, and this shouldn't be a Witch Hunt scenario or Stalinist Purge (In case any of y'alls get the wrong idea from NOVA)....

Get the Ignore function as means of Troll Management, non-response tends to work well too, and at some point we got to get brass knuckles like Berlin 1932, East London 1930s, and in the Port Cities of the West Coast (Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles, Long Beach, and San Diego) during that same time in American History to keep the Fascists out of our online community.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 10:20:00 PM »

Same as it's always been since I first joined Atlas 10+ Years Ago...

Zero... Zilch.... Nobody.... nadie... la 'ahad.... niko.... 没有人...personne....niemand...אף אחד....nessuno...誰も....nekes....هيچ كس.... nikt.... никто....kimse.... ніхто....không ai....קיינער

I still reserve my rights as a proud Grandson of a WW II Active Service Veteran to occasionally throw a metaphorical grenade into the Pill Boxes and Trenches to suppress enemy fire from any potential invasion of Atlas from Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists from the Dark Corners of the Internet, which will invade our fair land....   Wink

Fortunately, the overwhelmingly majority of us are too sharp to subscribe to their agenda, so any such attempted invasions are extremely limited, and usually involve a bit of a "reeducation camp" as we either force them to conform, or give them a swift kick in the butt out the door....   Smiley
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 08:52:14 PM »

Had Hillgoose on ignore for a few days, because of a few dumba*s comments he made on the Iranian situation a few days back....

Maybe I was just a bit upset and "on tilt" or maybe his comments were a bit over the pale...

Doesn't matter either way since sometimes it might be better to use to ignore function once in awhile to allow a brief "cooling down" period of deescalation rather than shoot from the hip unnecessarily....

Because of the recent changes, almost all of us on here are adults now, so yeah agree/disagree whatever.

Added him back in, and now once again I have nobody on ignore on Atlas....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 07:38:28 PM »

I'm not afraid to share my list!

Beet
nclib
Demrepdan
hoshie
Clamdick McClaw
Lincoln Republican
MasterJedi
Hatman 🍁
Cory Booker
dead0man
Taurus
NOVA Green
Landslide Lyndon
pbrower2a
mileslunn
TheDeadFlagBlues
Ghost of Ruin
HagridOfTheDeep
A Brave Old Fuzzy Bear for a Brave New Atlas
JerryArkansas
Blue3
Santander
Wolverine22
bronz4141
Nat. Sec. Council Member Dwarven Dragon
ProgressiveCanadian
Old School Republican
Bernie is full of Malarkey!
Punxsutawney Phil
Pro-Life Single Issue Voter #ReopenAmerica
Kingpoleon
Pragmatic Conservative
Shadows
Greatest I am
iBizzBee
SoLongAtlas
Make PA Blue Again!
FDB
Co-Chair Bagel23
Coraxion
vanguard96
#Solid4096
KoopaDaQuick
Yellowhammer
PSOL
I Can Now Die Happy
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Frenchrepublican

Thought we were chill.... Sad

You still pissed off about that black and red symbol I posted a few times a Year or so back???
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 07:20:54 PM »

Nobody currently...

I have occasionally put a few posters on "ignore" for brief periods of time, maybe two weeks at the most, which in my mind is more of a mixture of a "mute button on a TV remote", but also as a means to potentially deescalate pointless arguments or a "Cooling Down Moment" where occasionally tempers might get heated and why bother keeping someone on a permanent ignore when after all inevitably someone will reply/quote their posts anyways....

I don't want Atlas/Talk Elections as an Echo Chamber, although I guess if I was accessing the Forum frequently through a Smartphone it might be easier to scroll through a bunch of posts without a ton of "noise" in the background, but as an Atlas / Talk Election customer and contributor, personally I prefer to be able to use software applications and view user created content, rather than treating Atlas as solely a posting board with brief six or seven word posts or replies.... (Just my preference and not trying to tell anybody else what to do or how to use the site).
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:11:05 PM »

Still the same list as always, with a few exceptions for a Week or so for a "cooling off period" on my side so as to not needlessly engage "while on tilt" (Poker ref for those of you who don't gamble)....

Nobody... zilch... nada
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 04:36:03 AM »

Still the same list as always, with a few exceptions for a Week or so for a "cooling off period" on my side so as to not needlessly engage "while on tilt" (Poker ref for those of you who don't gamble)....

Nobody... zilch... nada

Randomly checked back in here and absolutely nobody whatsoever on my ignore list once again, but still as a genuine and honest comment, it seems like some of y'all and y'alls hold grudges way and well beyond differences in political and partisan perspectives...   Sad

Don't play with Atlas Smart Phones and 30 Second responses for '80 and '84 style sound bites, let along scoring cheap points.

Give me a Soundtrack I can vibe with, and a narrative that makes sense, will to chill with any of y'all virtually (So long as Fascists, Racists, and Neo-Nazis and their Fellow Travelling type people get a swift boot out the door if they try to make this site a "Hate Chamber").

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 06:35:19 AM »

Same answer as always...

NOBODY... Zinca, Nilch, Nada...
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 01:36:59 AM »

Beet
nclib
Demrepdan
zorkpolitics
If you are not angry you are an ostrich.
hoshie
Clamdick McClaw
Lincoln Republican
MasterJedi
jimrtex
Hatman 🍁
MR. KAYNE WEST
The Daily Beagle
dead0man
Taurus
NOVA Green
Landslide Lyndon
pbrower2a
The Arizonan
mileslunn
TheDeadFlagBlues
Antifacist Ghost of Ruin
HagridOfTheDeep
Fuzzy Bear
JerryArkansas
Blue3
whitesox130
NewYorkExpress
President Johnson
Santander
Kapettobagga
Wolverine22
Suburbia
Lincoln Speaker Dwarven Dragon
ProgressiveCanadian
Old School Republican
James Monroe
Southern Governor Punxsutawney Phil
America Needs Jesus Christ
Pragmatic Conservative
Spark
Shadows
Greatest I am
iBizzBee
FairBol
Bootes Void
SoLongAtlas
We Made PA Blue Again!
brucejoel99
Co-Chair Bagel23
Coraxion
vanguard96
Annatar
Higgins
#PACK THE COURTS
harpercanuck
Yellowhammer
I Grew Up On A Farm BEEP Radical Liberal Raphael Warnock 👁️
SirWoodbury
PSOL
I Can Now Die Happy
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Frenchrepublican
R.P. McM
Come For AOC, Stay For Policy
SecularGlobalist
Bordigasm
Chips
Young City Bandit
Frank
Samof94
LVScreenssuck
Texas Democrat

Why me?

I even have said nice things about you believe it or not?   Smiley

Talk about holding grudges list man.... (Either that or an attention whore... IDK)

Someone please quote so Santander can see....   Wink

Gotta break through dude's Atlas Echo Chamber somehow....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 05:05:27 AM »

jimrtex
MR. KAYNE WEST
Thomas Jackson
Donald Trump’s Toupée
nkpolitics1279
Mopolis
Fuzzy Bear
Redban
Famous Mortimer
Suburbia
Our Enemy, the Left
Classic Conservative
win win
Buzz
Hollywood
PRESIDENT STANTON
Jeffster
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Arkansas Yankee
MillennialMarkey
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Higgins
Beijing Biden™
Yellowhammer
SirWoodbury
SN2903
I Can Now Die Happy
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
7sergi9
Russian Bear
Sen. Mark Meadows
Sam Smith
atheist4thecause
sophiaguiller
Rep Jessica
foolcase
ChrisMcDanielWasRobbed
Sarge
TRKL1917
I need an explanation

Most of these folks are long long ago banned or inactive, and several others post here infrequently at best. I just don't want to bother going back and cleaning up the list.

You def gotta clean up your list, considering you got not only folxs on the list that are either banned or don't post no mo', but also appear to have a few PUB Avatars on your list, such as jimrtex & Buzz, whom at minimum might be worthy of a reconsideration, because generally solid PUB posters regardless of "Echo Chamber Atlas", not to mention a few others who might have recently gone of the rails, but still might be capable of rehabilitation in an Atlas "detention center pending good conduct".

Don't go off the rails man.... totally not against the street movement scene (Been there done that in the late '80s / '90s / early '00s).

Think clearly and solidly and don't ignore people just bcs you might have had some beef in the past. I don't have no "cancel culture" in the Mfg Factory where I work, and although I gotta be careful discussing politics, there are aspects of the Trump Program that meet with support and opposition alike, as our factory jobs got shipped overseas by DEM & PUB Presidents, Senators, and US REPs alike only a few Years after Ronald Reagan had effectively destroyed the Union Movement in the USA.

Atlas / TE Old Skool members generally a chill crowd, although sometimes we wrangle a bit and get OTT with vendettas and grudges which make the whole Hatfiled-McCoy rivalry looking some piss-ant Country Western film from the '50s > '70s, especially when everyone gets mad on the juice.

# FreeGreedo
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 12:15:56 AM »

Nobody same as before...

Believe I put a poster on "time out" for a week or so a couple years back, but pretty much boring no change.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »

Anyone with Olakwandi on their ignore list will face his mighty wrath soon

Speaking on behalf of the Atlas Prophet is blasphemy I say!

(Still nobody on my ignore list).
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 01:26:42 AM »

Nobody...

Once or twice in my 10+ years Atlas posting career, I might have put a poster on "mute button" briefly here or there, but that's about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies