Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:17:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59348 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 11, 2018, 01:42:02 PM »

migrendel
HokeyDood
Horus
philhendriephan28
Politico
Saxwsylvania
Lief 🐋
Phony Moderate
Sewer
East Coast Republican
Ameriplan
true liberty
Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand.
Katherine Harris is legit
Conservative frontier
milhouse24
Chaim
ChanDan
oreomilkshake
mondale84
Illuminati Blood Drinker
Liberté
Username MechaRFK
Link
Stardust
Anomalocaris🌹
Maxwell
Marnetmar
Hifly
Thomas from NJ
publicunofficial
barfbag
Santander
SWE
Vox Populi
Türkisblau
YaBoyNY
Taco Truck 🚚
Hillary pays minimum wage
A prayer for the non-fascists of Brazil
14/88
#KavanaughForPrison
HillGoose
King Lear
Soaring_Eagle
Not a Partisan Hack ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Politician
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 06:20:58 AM »

No one. This is a political forum, the purpose of which, as an oversimplification, is to argue with strangers on the internet. If you feel the need to ignore people you probably don't belong here .
and that's still super easy to do, even with a long ignore list.  Most (all?) of the long ignore lists posted are just filled with banned posters.  That's not a bad thing, that just means the poster that ignored them saw how horrible they were before the mods did, and that's fine...it would be weird if it was the other way.  I've been a forum whore for a long long time and this is the first message board I've ignored people on and it took me a few years to get started, but once I did....oh it helped SOOO much.  On the rare occasion one of these clowns, bigots or boring hacks says something worth reading, it will get quoted.

We're not missing anything.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:29:57 AM »

Using the ignore list is nothing more than surrendering into a safe space. If a poster is ignoring other posters because he or she doesn't like their views challenged, that poster is the problem, not the people he or she is ignoring.

There are a number of perfectly reasonable reasons to put someone on your ignore list besides disagreeing with them. I ignore one or two users I agree with because I think their posts are incredibly obnoxious.

All of the smug and self-righteous posters who are patting themselves on the back because their ignore lists are empty, justifying it by saying they can tolerate opposing opinions, have a stunning lack of creativity.
indeed, I've never put anybody on my ignore list because they "challenged me", that's weaksauce.  I'm here to be challenged, that's the point.  Hanging around in a political message board that mostly agrees with me would be super boring.  I don't know how you sheep do it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 01:34:25 PM »

Was just reviewing this thread and surprised to see this, IIRC you said you have only one active poster on it now. Of course I know some people do periodic cleanouts.
I went through a phase where I was ignoring everyone that annoyed me.  I've removed most of the active users from the list, though I did just add one today.  New posters who post corny/trolly sh**t still make the list.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies