Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:39:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59403 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 11, 2018, 07:34:35 PM »

No one. This is a political forum, the purpose of which, as an oversimplification, is to argue with strangers on the internet. If you feel the need to ignore people you probably don't belong here .
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 03:33:57 PM »

Used to be Limo, PittsburghSteel and Bagel, but I made the mistake of taking them all off again

You just couldn't resist their high quality content for too long, huh?

Anyway, I've never ignored a single person in my 5+ years here. Except accidentally, which I fix if/when I notice.

Haha, this x100.  Also, LOL at the OP's list ... makes one feel kind of left out to be excluded from such a group.

I noticed I'm on there lol. Seems like he ignored anyone who isn't an unquestioning Dem hack.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 04:10:42 AM »

Mine remains empty. I think I've only had to use it twice, each time for a few hours, for posters who were spamming boards with back to back posts (Believe it or not SN was not one of them)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2020, 08:22:29 PM by Hammy »

Nobody currently, though I muted Beet for a few days in 2018 (I believe during the Ossoff race) and Green Line at another point last year for a few days as mutes, in both instances because they were posting excessively (2-3 back to back posts on multiple occasions) in threads I was trying to follow.

It's a problem I struggle with in real life as well, and have ever since I was small. I translated many of my real-world struggles to here. As I've openly stated a number of times, I have Asperger's syndrome, and that certainly affects how I perceive things, and how I interact with people. For example, I talk to myself frequently, and have been doing so for as long as I can remember. That is in spite of the ongoing efforts by my parents to suppress it.

Same, and it gets hard to tell when I'm going overboard on something (especially adding severe anxiety disorder to the mix) though I hope I've gotten better since my 2018 pre-election meltdown spilling over into my predictions.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 01:03:59 AM »

Still nobody. I've only used the ignore for a few temporary cases for posters that were making up like half of each page in a thread or two.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »

Mine's still empty, but worth noting Green Line has been temp ignored on at least three occasions for going off the rails in some threads, and is the only poster to make it on there more than once.

Beet (during GA-06 special election, because of racial slurs) and another poster back in 2016 who was making 10 posts in a row in the primary threads (don't recall who) were the only others to be temp muted.

I am honored by this.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 07:38:52 PM »

MillennialModerate joins his fellow D-MA avatar on my ignore list.

Who? SnowLabrador? That's the only other D-MA guy I can think of and he doesn't seem particularly offensive.

He's even worse than MillennialModerate. There isn't a single thing he doesn't doom about. He dooms for the sake of it.

Isn't he the one that spins literally everything as somehow being the worst case scenario for Dems playing out?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 03:01:50 AM »

Nobody. I don’t filter out anyone, even the most condescending hateful people and the biggest trolls.

I’ve had a few users on ignore over the years but just because I clicked the ignore button when I was trying to hit the Quote button.

I've done this more times than I can count but usually catch it right away.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 09:17:13 PM »

You take the internets waaaaaay too seriously if you compile an ignore list. 

Just sayin'

There's a lot of people here whose week it seems is completely ruined if an opinion they don't 100% agree with dares to cross their line of sight.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 02:20:51 AM »

Nobody. Had a few people with obnoxious sigs on ignore for a while, but decided to just turn sigs off and clear the list.

I just use adblock for that stuff, most often when their picture's taking up half the page.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »

At one point, a couple of years ago, I put Mondale on ignore, but subsequently took him off, and he hardly posts anymore these days anyway.

If I'm not mistaken Mondale was banned some time in the last year or so.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2021, 12:30:11 PM »

At one point, a couple of years ago, I put Mondale on ignore, but subsequently took him off, and he hardly posts anymore these days anyway.

If I'm not mistaken Mondale was banned some time in the last year or so.

I don't recall this being so. He didn't do anything to my knowledge that would justify a ban. He just hasn't been as active on this forum anymore as he used to be. I think he last posted about a month or two ago.

I might've mixed him up with someone else.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 01:08:30 AM »

Still have never intentionally used the ignore feature.

Sounds like you might suffer from the problem I seem to have.  I keep accidentally ignoring people and find threads unreadable as a result of ignoring the person doing most of the talking.  Dashed annoying.  I don't even have fat fingers on which to blame this unfortunate occurence.

I've hit ignore several times by accident when I go to quote someone.

I've only intentionally used it a few times on people who were on high volume threads (where you have new posts a every few seconds) who were posting back to back to back paragraphs-long posts or replying to literally every individual post, and they were promptly removed once the thread died down.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 11:28:55 PM »

Still nobody. The only person who came close to ever making it on a permanent basis was banned recently and the only other 2-3 that have ever made it there (all green avvys ironically) were functionally a temp mute, because they were posting too many back to back off topic posts in active threads (election night etc)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 08:19:50 PM »

If you need an ignore list, you probably shouldn't be posting here
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 04:07:27 AM »

Nobody...

Once or twice in my 10+ years Atlas posting career, I might have put a poster on "mute button" briefly here or there, but that's about it.

I've had to do that on a few occasions (usually in results threads) where you'd have one or two posters that were making up over half the posts in a given thread or absurd reply nests that made the thread unreadable
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2023, 06:55:08 PM »

Still nobody. If I wanted to mute people who disagreed with me I wouldn't use this site in the first place
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies