Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:58:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59416 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« on: October 12, 2018, 10:15:32 AM »

No one. This is a political forum, the purpose of which, as an oversimplification, is to argue with strangers on the internet. If you feel the need to ignore people you probably don't belong here .
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 11:15:45 AM »

1. The Conflict
2. Landslide Lyndon
3. Badger
4. MAINEiac4434
5. Ghost of Ruin
6. Yank 2133
7. sjoyce
8. ProudModerate2
9. Justice Blair
10. SWE
11. Figs
12. 136or142
13. Shameless Bernie Hack
14. Doctor Imperialism
15. Ator Boltox
16. Republicans for Nelson
17. Jalaketu West
18. here2view
19. peenie weenie
20. cookiedamage
21. Cruz Will Win 👁
22. New Frontier
23. Hooog
24. The Materialist

Given how this forum is, I would not be surprised if I am compelled to add more individuals to this list.

Thats like, 1/2 of the forum's active users. Whats the point of being on a forum if you have most on ignore?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »

1. The Conflict
2. Landslide Lyndon
3. Badger
4. MAINEiac4434
5. Ghost of Ruin
6. Yank 2133
7. sjoyce
8. ProudModerate2
9. Justice Blair
10. SWE
11. Figs
12. 136or142
14. Doctor Imperialism
15. Ator Boltox
17. Jalaketu West
18. here2view
19. peenie weenie
20. cookiedamage
21. Cruz Will Win 👁
22. New Frontier
23. Hooog
24. The Materialist

Given how this forum is, I would not be surprised if I am compelled to add more individuals to this list.

Thats like, 1/2 of the forum's active users. Whats the point of being on a forum if you have most on ignore?

The people on this list do not deserve to be on this website, as I've made plain before. They are rude, they are hyperpartisan, and they are inconsiderate. It is not a requirement for me to listen to this people; that is what the ignore option is there for. If it were up to me, I would ban all of them.

But many of those are quality posters who provide deep insight into the political situation. Of course, some are rather poor, but this list doesnt seem to be uniform in its selection. For instance, Cruz will win, Justice Blair, New Frontier, and MAINEiac4434 are great posters who all help Atlas as a whole get a better grip on this cycle. Why ignore them?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »

1. The Conflict
2. Landslide Lyndon
3. Badger
4. MAINEiac4434
5. Ghost of Ruin
6. Yank 2133
7. sjoyce
8. ProudModerate2
9. Justice Blair
10. SWE
11. Figs
12. 136or142
14. Doctor Imperialism
15. Ator Boltox
17. Jalaketu West
18. here2view
19. peenie weenie
20. cookiedamage
21. Cruz Will Win 👁
22. New Frontier
23. Hooog
24. The Materialist

The people on this list do not deserve to be on this website, as I've made plain before. They are rude, they are hyperpartisan, and they are inconsiderate. It is not a requirement for me to listen to this people; that is what the ignore option is there for. If it were up to me, I would ban all of them.

But many of those are quality posters who provide deep insight into the political situation. Of course, some are rather poor, but this list doesnt seem to be uniform in its selection. For instance, Cruz will win, Justice Blair, New Frontier, and MAINEiac4434 are great posters who all help Atlas as a whole get a better grip on this cycle. Why ignore them?

I strongly disagree with your characterization of the last two in particular. Both of these posters seem to have very little respect for those who have opposing viewpoints to their own. And making good contributions does not cancel out having a rude and obnoxious personality.

Neither are rather rude and obnoxious, perhaps to some R posters, but not to the vast majority of Atlas. What evidence do you have to label them as such?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »

Guys just chill the f**k out. If someone wishes to put someone on ignore so be it. With that said, Calthrina, with all due respect and I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to debate, but you need to develop a thicker skin towards criticisms in regards to both yourself and ones directed towards a party.

But why I should have to tolerate personal attacks? In my view, such attacks cross a clear and definite line, particularly when they are tinged with insulting other users. Just look at the responses from Scott and cookiedamage. Their comments should be construed as clear violations of the Terms of Service, and they should be banned for them.

If there is a personal attack the post should be quietly reported but that's largely beside my point. My point was that you need to get better at responding to criticisms. If someone finds you a moderate hero (in LD's Smiths case I don't think he's found of your bipartisanship because in his view both parties are right wing if I had to guess), so be it and no need to make a scene and get overly defensive.

My response to personal attacks is to place people on my ignore list. Hence, why I say that I don't converse with anyone who is not capable of adhering to a basic standard of respect. Such people have shown that they have nothing but contempt for those who "aren't like them", and consequently, shouldn't be worth a decent poster's time.

Catherina, may I see one of these personal attacks from one of the posters I mentioned? Just to see if they truly are jerks, or if, as YE is implying, you are not responding to criticism well. I shall stand as an impartial judge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies