Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59846 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: August 10, 2019, 01:41:10 PM »

Nobody, of course.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »

Ok I can get ignoring Dule but what has Bismarck done?

There was a comment that they made a thread which bothered me, so I put them on ignore.

I wonder what it's like being this fragile.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 03:40:34 AM »

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 02:06:51 AM »

Reading S019's ignore list evolution in this thread is pretty entertaining. I'm not sure if I should feel good or bad for earning my way off it, though.

It doesn't seem to make much of a difference either way; I'm sure I've been on his list for months but he still responds to me fairly often. All he's doing is creating more work for himself by hitting "show post."
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 05:31:09 PM »

No, it's not about disagreeing with someone's posts. It's about someone's posts adding no value to the forum. Better for my sanity to just ignore people who comment the same garbage all the time with no evidence of progression or improvement. Basically, if your whole shtick is (looking at my list) being an unabashed Trump cheerleader excusing all of his faults as "wins", a lolbertarian cringelord, or a NeverBernie troll, you aren't worthy of my attention.

Calling others trolls and cringelords while you continue to voluntarily take the name of an anti-Semite? Ironic.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 07:23:29 PM »

No anti-Zionist should allow themselves to be lectured about bigotry, implicit bias, stereotypes and the like by those whose assessment of the situation is almost entirely informed by orientalism and anti-Arab views. Who think that when a Palestinian kid throws a stone, he's a terrorist who deserves to be shot, no ifs, buts, or ands about it, but have an endless list of excuses for the side that has inflicted many, many more casualties.

Wow, the resident apologist for totalitarianism and genocide is on the side of the Corbyn supporters! Color me surprised.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 09:05:45 PM »

No, it's not about disagreeing with someone's posts. It's about someone's posts adding no value to the forum. Better for my sanity to just ignore people who comment the same garbage all the time with no evidence of progression or improvement. Basically, if your whole shtick is (looking at my list) being an unabashed Trump cheerleader excusing all of his faults as "wins", a lolbertarian cringelord, or a NeverBernie troll, you aren't worthy of my attention.

Calling others trolls and cringelords while you continue to voluntarily take the name of an anti-Semite? Ironic.

The fact that someone like you thinks that is proof positive of what I've been saying about it. So, thanks.

Every time I get you to click "show post" is a win in my book.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 01:41:04 PM »

7sergi9
Admiral Stockdale
AncestralDemocrat.
Annatar
Arizona Iced Tea
Arkansas Yankee
Beet
Bomster
Buzz
Chips
Del Tachi
Donald Trump’s Toupée
EastwoodS
ElectionsGuy
ERM64man
Forumlurker
GP270watch
GeneralMacArthur
GoodOldNeocon
Grassr00ts
HagridOfTheDeep
Hammy
Higgins
HisGrace
Horatii
Horus
IAMCANADIAN
Laki
Liberal Hack
Lief 🐋
LimoLiberal
Ljube
MATTROSE94
MR. KAYNE WEST
MaconRepublican
MillennialModerate
Mr. Reactionary
Pennsylvania Deplorable
Reaganfan
Red Wall
Redban
Rep Jessica
S019ian Liberal
SN2903
Senator Scott🔔
SenatorCouzens
SirWoodbury
SnowLabrador
Soaring_Eagle
Spark
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Suburbia
TC 25
TRKL1917
Tender Branson
The Trump Virus
TheLaRocca
Turbo Flame
UWS
UncleSam
Yellowhammer
lfromnj
libertpaulian
pppolitics
republican1993
solidcoalition
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└

"Oh boy, another fun day on my favorite website!"

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 07:50:58 PM »

Anyone who's ignore list is longer than a few posters is literally a child.  The only excuse is if you're some 20-year Atlas veteran who still has trolls from the 2004 election on ignore.

Blocking/ignoring people is a power fantasy for people who want the serotonin rush that comes with enacting petty vengeance upon someone they dislike. Having people on ignore makes your user experience extremely irritating, and you'll always be paranoid that people are talking about you if you can't read their posts. It ultimately just ends up creating more work for the person with a long ignore list, because they'll be constantly clicking "show post."
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 12:14:22 AM »

Wait, am I seriously not on anyone's ignore list? I really need to step up the assholery

PM me if you want tips.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 02:00:42 AM »

Forgot to mention: after literally years of parsing through people's lists in this thread, hoping to make it to more iggies,  I recently was informed that none other than S019... has ignored me on Atlas and blocked me on Discord.

All I can say is, thank you to the academy. This is one of my proudest achievements on the blog. For this very accomplishment, I know that whatever it is I've been doing on this forum has certainly been for the best. I want to assure that all of you have a place in my heart, especially the haters and losers. And thus my hard work will carry on.  Cry Purple heart

Being ignored by the type of person who alerts WalMart authorities when he sees someone shoplifting baby formula is a badge of honor.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2023, 03:43:10 PM »

I finally caved and put three people on my ignore list for liking The Last Jedi.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies