Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:18:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59323 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 30, 2020, 07:39:48 AM »

smoltchanov
Non Swing Voter
Pandaguineapig
DavidB.
Finish off Bernie NOW
AGA
LimoLiberal
MarkD
Arkansas Yankee
Higgins
Yellowhammer
SirWoodbury
SN2903
Frenchrepublican
R.P. McM
Sen. Dean Heller
TheFonz
GeneralMacArthur
Amtrak Joe
atheist4thecause

Awww. I was going to ask Antonio my question I have asked others about whether he would support my proposal for rewriting the 14th Amendment. I wonder what I've done to deserve being on someone's ignore list?
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »

smoltchanov
Non Swing Voter
Pandaguineapig
DavidB.
Finish off Bernie NOW
AGA
LimoLiberal
MarkD
Arkansas Yankee
Higgins
Yellowhammer
SirWoodbury
SN2903
Frenchrepublican
R.P. McM
Sen. Dean Heller
TheFonz
GeneralMacArthur
Amtrak Joe
atheist4thecause

Awww. I was going to ask Antonio my question I have asked others about whether he would support my proposal for rewriting the 14th Amendment. I wonder what I've done to deserve being on someone's ignore list?

Un-ignored to respond to that. You were a recent addition and I'm still a bit on the fence, but it gets seriously tiresome that the only thing you ever talk about is your distaste for judicial overreaches by left-wing courts (but you never talk about equally glaring overreaches by the right, interestingly), even derailing unrelated threads to go off on your pet issues. As someone who's critical of judicial overreach across the board out of principled commitments, this is infuriating. You seem to be using the issue as a partisan cudgel and an excuse to concern troll, in addition to being just plain uninteresting for repeating the same stuff over and over again.

In fairness to MarkD, he's been very critical of "activist" decisions by conservative judges as well, à la Bush v. Gore.  He's also been pretty transparent about his right-leaning views and history of voting for mostly Republican presidents.

Overall he's a pretty inoffensive poster, IMO.  And a lot of his concerns about judicial overreach are valid, even though I disagree with him on the Roe and Obergefell decisions.

fwiw, he's unignored now

Thank you for that. Scott was right about me. The difference between how I feel about activist left-wing courts and activist right-wing courts is that the former are guilty of it more frequently while the latter was guilty of it most glaringly in the case of Bush v. Gore.

As such, I was motivated to draft a constitutional amendment of my own, and now I will ask you what you think of it, over in your AMA thread.

Cheers!
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 09:14:46 PM »

At one point, a couple of years ago, I put Mondale on ignore, but subsequently took him off, and he hardly posts anymore these days anyway.

Now the only one I have on ignore is CraneHusband. There are too many times when the intensity of his partisan hatred has been too much to look at.

Sometimes I feel like putting Olawakandi on ignore too, but I never end up doing so.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 07:05:43 PM »

Currently, just Badger.
Many times I am tempted to put Olawakandi on ignore, but I never do.
Badger chose an appropriate name for himself, as he is prolific at badgering users, and he badgered me once too often, so I have him on ignore, and he will stay that way in perpetuity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies