Who's on your ignore list?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59365 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2018, 07:02:40 PM »

I generally don't like to ignore posters, and only ignore trolls/users who outright enrage me.

Cory Booker
hofoid
Technocracy Timmy
SN2903

Cory Booker/OC enrages you?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2018, 07:16:44 PM »

I feel really left out.

People are even ignoring me from their IGNORE lists.

I promise I will try harder in 2019.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2018, 07:31:58 PM »

I feel really left out.

you go girl!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2018, 07:33:30 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2018, 07:37:16 PM by Kalwejt »

Some of the more offensive posts made by maineac4434 have since been deleted. As for New Frontier:

Why would you say this? I'm not defending Starr, but Hillary Clinton shouldn't be help up as some paragon of morality, either. This is yet another example of why she should not (and will never be) have become President.
I reiterate "F**k Ken Starr!"
That is your opinion. But it still doesn't detract from what I said about Hillary Clinton, in particular.

Are you mocking my post? I don't take such insults too kindly.
Are you a baby or something? Get tougher skin.

Also, like other posters have said, you're not a real moderate.

Well you have just earned the newest spot on my ignore list. I thought you were one of the reasonable posters here, but these comments of yours demonstrate that you are no different from any of the people with whom I've interacted here.

This really doesn't qualify as an "insult".

You want to fight the windmills, that's your choice. Just don't expect a diffrent outcome.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »

Some of the more offensive posts made by maineac4434 have since been deleted. As for New Frontier:

Why would you say this? I'm not defending Starr, but Hillary Clinton shouldn't be help up as some paragon of morality, either. This is yet another example of why she should not (and will never be) have become President.
I reiterate "F**k Ken Starr!"
That is your opinion. But it still doesn't detract from what I said about Hillary Clinton, in particular.

Are you mocking my post? I don't take such insults too kindly.
Are you a baby or something? Get tougher skin.

Also, like other posters have said, you're not a real moderate.

Well you have just earned the newest spot on my ignore list. I thought you were one of the reasonable posters here, but these comments of yours demonstrate that you are no different from any of the people with whom I've interacted here.

This really doesn't qualify as an "insult".

You want to fight the windmills, that's your choice. Just don't expect a diffrent outcome.

What do you mean by this? This isn't even the extent of what New Frontier said. And his interactions with other users here only lends credence to my arguments.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »

Just dropped marty (since he's either banned or left the site) and added SN2903, since he's pretty much the new krazen.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2018, 08:52:12 PM »

if Saddam Hussein's ghost had an account I might ignore him.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2018, 09:12:12 PM »

Anyone who uses the term ad hominem should be banned
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »

Jesus tapdancing Christ, no wonder you live in Colorado, Calthrina. The cold up north would freeze your blood instantly through your skin.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2018, 09:48:29 PM »

Santander.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2018, 09:52:49 PM »

Anyone who uses the term ad hominem should be banned

This, also you just got placed on Calthrina's ignore list for that ad hominem attack. Welcome, come join us all!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2018, 10:23:23 PM »

I feel really left out.

Disagree with Calthrina, you'll end up on his iggy list.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2018, 10:56:46 PM »

It seems as if droves of the most offensive users on this forum, the ones who have on my ignore list, have descended on here to attack me personally and to attack my responses. This provides just another example of why these people should be gone from here.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2018, 10:59:49 PM »

It seems as if droves of the most offensive users on this forum, the ones who have on my ignore list, have descended on here to attack me personally and to attack my responses. This provides just another example of why these people should be gone from here.

don't listen to the haterz brah, live ur life as you want to. dance like nobody's watching.

this is my advice to everyone else on here as well.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2018, 11:01:53 PM »

don't listen to the haterz brah, live ur life as you want to. dance like nobody's watching.

this is my advice to everyone else as well.

That's what I try to do, and for the most part, I have managed to avoid these particular users in recent weeks. But the fact that they are allowed to persist here, attacking not only me, but other posters, isn't right in my view.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2018, 11:04:36 PM »

That's what I try to do, and for the most part, I have managed to avoid these particular users in recent weeks. But the fact that they are allowed to persist here, attacking not only me, but other posters, isn't right in my view.

I get how you feel. but like you gotta think, if you're really saying what you believe is right, you have nothing to apologize for. you're living your truth and that's what matters. screw what anyone else thinks.

also interacting with people who dislike you is a good way to learn how to counter others criticisms of you. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »

Horus
Angel of Death

Ask Me Why Chicken Fry
pbrower2a (I don't mind him as a poster, but he spams threads with his annoying maps. OC is at least amusing w/ his spamming)
Invisible Obama
Ghost of Ruin

Indy Texas
Maxwell
ProudModerate2
Barraco Clintez
publicunofficial (I know he's banned on here, but f**k it hahaha)
Taco Truck 🚚
Shadows
RightBehind
Jesus save us
Tintrlvr
Mondale
PittsburghSteel
Republicans for Nelson

Cleared out a bunch of banned posters and some posters who don't deserve to be on anymore. The bolded ones are the ones who will likely stay on for a long time as they have not changed.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2018, 11:19:42 PM »

Just dropped marty (since he's either banned or left the site) and added SN2903, since he's pretty much the new krazen.

marty just posted today.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2018, 11:23:54 PM »

Nobody - I love catty drama and don't want to miss any of it.

I'm not quite sure what someone would have to do to have me put them on ignore. They'd have to post nothing but spam and unfunny trolling with no responses. I actually think the mod team is pretty good at dealing with those kinds of people anyway.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2018, 11:25:57 PM »

FTR - I can't speak for other posters with long ignore lists, but I usually only put people on if they are extremely rude or abrasive in their postings. I deal with enough assholes in real life and on social media. I don't need to interact with "everyone, everywhere."

Trolls also get on my list. Also, who is "Taco Truck" and "Jesus saves us"? I don't remember who they are and why they are on my list.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2018, 11:28:09 PM »

Nobody - I love catty drama and don't want to miss any of it.

4real tho this is a big part of the reason i dont put anyone on ignore too lmao
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »

I get how you feel. but like you gotta think, if you're really saying what you believe is right, you have nothing to apologize for. you're living your truth and that's what matters. screw what anyone else thinks.

also interacting with people who dislike you is a good way to learn how to counter others criticisms of you. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all.

I appreciate your response, and thank you for your measured advice on this matter. Other posters should read this to understand that you can converse respectfully with other people, even if you disagree with them.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2018, 11:55:20 PM »

Most are banned but here:

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
Secret Cavern Survivor
Mechaman
publicunofficial
Türkisblau
YaBoyNY
136or142
Col. Roosevelt
Rutter_

But Im considering blocking : Ghost of Ruin too
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2018, 12:41:50 AM »

Nobody....

Prefer the scroll down option myself, if there is an individual poster that happens to be particularly annoying.

I understand the recent thread from a poster a few weeks back promoting the use of the ignore button, but for myself it isn't really my thing at this time, so long as the Mods continue to practice due diligence when it comes to the Fascists and NAZIs, reign the trolls in, and continue to follow Dave's ToS contract in a relatively Libertarian style of Moderation.

Ignore is always an option, but not one that I have yet chosen to exercise, since on the Forums that I generally follow and am actively engaged in, these matters tend to sort themselves out over a period of time, and there is nothing wrong with Freedom of Speech within a Political Forum, and sometimes even posters who I may fundamentally disagree with on certain issues, might have massively insightful posts and perspectives on another issue.

Choose to Ignore or not, it's one individual's choice.

Certain types of behavior based upon the ToS and "Dave's Rules" will naturally be met with an appropriate response on the part of the Mod Team, and as always individual members of the Atlas Collective are free to report posts, raise public questions about moderation decisions, etc...

Only problem with Atlas is occasionally the whole "herding cats" scene, where there are relative handful of Mods, so many threads, etc...

The amazing thing about the Atlas Mod Team, is that somehow they manage to make all of this work, without having to resort to Draconian Measures ultimately because there is a high level of "self-policing" from the Atlas Collective....

Shots out to y'all... Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2018, 12:53:34 AM »

1. The Conflict
2. Landslide Lyndon
3. Badger
4. MAINEiac4434
5. Ghost of Ruin
6. Yank2133
7. sjoyce
8. ProudModerate2
9. Justice Blair
10. SWE
11. Figs
12. 136or142
13. Shameless Bernie Hack
14. Doctor Imperialism
15. Ator Boltox
16. Republicans for Nelson
17. Jalaketu West
18. here2view
19. peenie weenie
20. cookiedamage
21. Cruz Will Win 👁
22. New Frontier
23. Hooog
24. The Materialist

Given how this forum is, I would not be surprised if I am compelled to add more individuals to this list.

Famous Mortimer is a racist and a rape apologist, but you don't have him on ignore because "nice guy FF?"

He's not someone who's engaged in ad hominem attacks or insults against other posters, and certainly not towards me. Most of the left-leaning posters on here have engaged in those kinds of attacks, in one form or another.

So being a racist and a rape apologist is fine as long as you don't engage in ad hominem attacks.  Wow.

Why would an ignore list have to be a consistent standard of moral disapproval?  Wouldn't an ignore list be a highly subjective indicator of which posters tend to make this a more unpleasant place?

If someone has some truly offensive views that they present every other month or so, that doesn't regularly interfere with the discussion as much as someone who is being obnoxious or maddeningly idiotic in every other thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies