Who's on your ignore list?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:03:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 59417 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »

guys why don't you just try to get along? like there's no need for everyone to fight you know

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The irony is that I have seriously considered leaving this website in the past, given how difficult it has been for me to converse with many of the posters here.

A lot of internet forums are like this, like the reason I like Snapchat so much is because it's so chill compared to a lot of the internet stuff there is to do.

Like I've never got someone wanting to fight me over Snapchat but on forums thats a different story and I think a lot of forums are just full of people who need to take a chill pill. I realized long ago that you can never actually convince anyone of anything on the internet, so I just try to enjoy forums for their better aspects, which are usually discussions of pop culture.

Also I would recommend everyone here try to take the internet less seriously. A good tip that has helped me is that I literally have a sticky note posted on my home desktop that says "Don't get so worked up, it's just the internet." To help me avoid becoming involved in discussions that might get heated.

This seems to be especially true on this forum. Most of the users on here are locked-in partisans, and they will not deviate from their views no matter what points you make, or evidence that you give them. And since people are hiding behind computer screens, they are able to say things that they would not say in person.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »

LOL@Calthrina going to a blue avatar. Is that because of this thread?
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2018, 01:25:18 PM »

LMAO that's hilarious trolling, I like him more now already!
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »

LMAO that's hilarious trolling, I like him more now already!

FINALLY, I remember telling Calthrina to change it to blue ages ago.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2018, 03:35:22 PM »

I've temporarily blocked a couple posters just to "take a break" from them, but the one poster who I've consistently had blocked is Cory Booker. Though I sometimes enjoy seeing that posters...interesting posts when they're quoted by other users.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »

guys why don't you just try to get along? like there's no need for everyone to fight you know

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The irony is that I have seriously considered leaving this website in the past, given how difficult it has been for me to converse with many of the posters here.

A lot of internet forums are like this, like the reason I like Snapchat so much is because it's so chill compared to a lot of the internet stuff there is to do.

Like I've never got someone wanting to fight me over Snapchat but on forums thats a different story and I think a lot of forums are just full of people who need to take a chill pill. I realized long ago that you can never actually convince anyone of anything on the internet, so I just try to enjoy forums for their better aspects, which are usually discussions of pop culture.

Also I would recommend everyone here try to take the internet less seriously. A good tip that has helped me is that I literally have a sticky note posted on my home desktop that says "Don't get so worked up, it's just the internet." To help me avoid becoming involved in discussions that might get heated.

This seems to be especially true on this forum. Most of the users on here are locked-in partisans, and they will not deviate from their views no matter what points you make, or evidence that you give them. And since people are hiding behind computer screens, they are able to say things that they would not say in person.

I don’t think it’s just this site or even political forums in general

Many sports forums I have been lead to many arguments similar to this and in many cases worse as well .

It’s just that people get to be Anonymous on these types of forums so many people behave in ways they otherwise wouldn’t
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2018, 05:01:00 PM »

Dropped Beet since he seems to have calmed a bit now since switching to a Green avvie.

Mostly to make way for Seriously?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2018, 05:03:21 PM »

Everyone with a blue and red avatar I’ve put on my ignore list.

I only want to hear from independent voices.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

Dropped Beet since he seems to have calmed a bit now since switching to a Green avvie.

Mostly to make way for Seriously?

He hasn't posted in over a year.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »

Seriously? popped back in recently, probably just for the election. We are lucky that it wasn't like 2016, where he was posting for god knows how many months beforehand.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2018, 07:41:29 PM »

Don't let the haters get you down.

If you leave the forum because of a few scummy folks on here, the terrorists win.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2018, 07:45:32 PM »

If you leave the forum because of a few scummy folks on here, the terrorists win.

hell yeah!

Tell the haters to take their bull sh**t and shove it brah

Remember if people rain on your parade, it's because they're jealous of your sun.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:01 PM »

hell yeah!

Remember if people rain on your parade, it's because they're jealous of your sun.

I'm definitely keeping this in mind. I changed my avatar recently because I want to stand in firm opposition to the ideals and viewpoints pushed by those who I have clashed with. Since they say that I'm not a moderate, I might as well not try to continue to label myself as one.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2018, 01:07:53 AM »

It’s just that people get to be Anonymous on these types of forums so many people behave in ways they otherwise wouldn’t

I definitely agree with this. Anonymity can bring out the worst in people, since they know that they're not going to face repercussions for what they say.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2018, 03:18:23 AM »

No, they only get to think they are anonymous.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2018, 03:20:41 AM »

That reminds me. I haven't cleaned this thing out in 3 years.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2018, 04:02:13 AM »

hell yeah!

I'm definitely keeping this in mind. I changed my avatar recently because I want to stand in firm opposition to the ideals and viewpoints pushed by those who I have clashed with. Since they say that I'm not a moderate, I might as well not try to continue to label myself as one.

I agree but some people don't want to listen to other opinions. I said that Trump caters to dumb people and some called me out. The guy said "I love the uneducated!" It's not like I'm making things up here.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2018, 04:07:37 AM »

Cracks me up how people keep long banned posters on their ignore lists.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2018, 04:19:52 AM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
True Federalist
cp
Cory Booker
Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay
Хahar 🤔
MaxQue
Moving to New Jersey soon
Hifly
Southern Delegate Dwarven Dragon
YaBoyNY
Southern Speaker Punxsutawney Phil
Taco Truck 🚚
This account no longer in use.
StatesPoll
A prayer for the non-fascists of Brazil
AtorBoltox
PittsburghSteel
HillGoose

cp as in the S-UK avatar? What's he done/said? Always seems pretty mild mannered in the threads I read
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2018, 04:47:31 AM »

cp as in the S-UK avatar? What's he done/said? Always seems pretty mild mannered in the threads I read
Some comments in the Corbyn/AS thread that combined apologism and nastiness in such a way that I just didn't want to engage with it anymore.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2018, 04:53:48 AM »

Some comments in the Corbyn/AS thread that combined apologism and nastiness in such a way that I just didn't want to engage with it anymore.

It is silly, but I still laugh when I remember him saying "I love how you assume I'm from the UK just because of my avatar" and your baffled "is this the atlas version of 'did you assume my gender'?" In response.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2018, 04:57:33 AM »

Hahahaha, that was good, yes.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2018, 06:03:05 AM »

Beet
The Voice of America
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
The Defense
Good Grumps With A Gun
Plaid Shirt Guy
dead0man
retromike22
Hurricane Sanchez
smoltchanov
Mr. Reactionary
Famous Mortimer
IceSpear
Santander
clash
Classic Conservative
Meclazine
bilaps
Medal506
EnglishPete
LimoLiberal
hofoid
Pennsylvania Deplorable
Technocracy Timmy
Senator Bob Hugin (R-NJ)
Arkansas Yankee
ON Conservative
GGSETTER
Keep cool-idge
8 Dems control senate
TheSilentMajority
King Lear
RHEC

There are probably a few people I have on here that I wouldn't put on now, and vice versa(Proudmoderate).

Most are banned but here:

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
Secret Cavern Survivor
Mechaman
publicunofficial
Türkisblau
YaBoyNY
136or142
Col. Roosevelt
Rutter_

But Im considering blocking : Ghost of Ruin too
Why do you have antonio of all people on your ignore list?(especially when its not that big).
I have no idea why I didn't have ftagn on here.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »

Nobody.

Using the ignore list is nothing more than surrendering into a safe space. If a poster is ignoring other posters because he or she doesn't like their views challenged, that poster is the problem, not the people he or she is ignoring.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2018, 02:51:44 PM »

Nobody.

Using the ignore list is nothing more than surrendering into a safe space. If a poster is ignoring other posters because he or she doesn't like their views challenged, that poster is the problem, not the people he or she is ignoring.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies