The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:24:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 174890 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: January 26, 2019, 04:59:00 PM »

NYT: Hogan is considering primarying Trump and is reaching to the Kristol NT group and others in Iowa. Weld considering running in the GOP primary, while Sasse has gotten cold feet and Flake/Kasich have joined TV.

Here’s the relevant excerpt:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/26/us/politics/trump-rnc-2020.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'll bet there's a sizable amount of money out there available to any established Republican politician willing to take on DJT; whether they win or not.

Yep.  I imagine money would be the least of the problems for a Trump primary challenger.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1251 on: January 26, 2019, 05:47:45 PM »

Does anything suggest that Hogan's interest is serious rather than posturing for the sake of sustaining his home-state popularity?

I'm not sure what category of evidence could usefully distinguish between those two possibilities.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1252 on: January 26, 2019, 05:56:39 PM »

It does seem more and more apparent that Beto and Biden stay out of the race (probably best for both of them especially Biden). The question is where does Biden’s support go?
There is no monolithic “Biden support.” The people choosing him in polls are the people who don’t know anything about any of the other candidates.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1253 on: January 26, 2019, 07:15:19 PM »

New GQ profile of Sanders:

https://www.gq.com/story/bernie-sanders-unfinished-business?verso=true

Swalwell:

http://www.diablomag.com/February-2019/The-Diablo-Interview-Congressman-Eric-Swalwell/

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1254 on: January 27, 2019, 11:13:10 AM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1255 on: January 27, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »

More on the above:

https://ntknetwork.com/cnn-hillary-clinton-not-closing-the-door-to-running-in-2020/

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1256 on: January 27, 2019, 11:20:35 AM »

Hillary, Bernard, Biden, Kerry etc. are all terrible candidates. Democrats don't need some 75 year old guys for the 2020 election who ran in earlier cycles and all failed. I wish they would just go away. The only man of the past I'd support with enthusiasm is Al Gore, but he's not running.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1257 on: January 27, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »

There is absolutely a 0% chance that Hillary Clinton runs again and people need to stop encouraging conservative media that's pushing that dumb narrative for clickbait
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1258 on: January 27, 2019, 01:12:05 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/27/politics/john-hickenlooper-2020-iowa-run/index.html

henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1259 on: January 27, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »

Like clockwork, we’ve heard the same story for the past year or so all from peopld who have little to no connections to her. This is clearly clickbait for the media and people fall for it every time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1260 on: January 27, 2019, 02:18:48 PM »

"Biden allies" say that the fact that the Bide-man has missed his self-imposed deadlines for making a decision doesn't mean he's not going to run:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427052-biden-allies-say-he-doesnt-have-to-rush-into-race

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1261 on: January 27, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »

Like clockwork, we’ve heard the same story for the past year or so all from peopld who have little to no connections to her. This is clearly clickbait for the media Fox News and people fall for it every time.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1262 on: January 27, 2019, 02:37:55 PM »

"Biden allies" say that the fact that the Bide-man has missed his self-imposed deadlines for making a decision doesn't mean he's not going to run:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427052-biden-allies-say-he-doesnt-have-to-rush-into-race

He is such an attention whore.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1263 on: January 27, 2019, 03:15:37 PM »

There is absolutely a 0% chance that Hillary Clinton runs again and people need to stop encouraging conservative media that's pushing that dumb narrative for clickbait
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/27/politics/inside-politics-forecast-cnntv/index.html
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1264 on: January 27, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »

Seriously its crazy how the same story has been written about her by different people all claiming to have some inside knowledge of her plans. At least 5-6 of these stories in 2018 every 6 months or so.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/27/politics/inside-politics-forecast-cnntv/index.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-will-run-again-1541963599

https://nypost.com/2018/10/20/count-on-hillary-clinton-running-again-in-2020/

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/is-hillary-clinton-secretly-planning-to-run-in-2020/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1265 on: January 27, 2019, 06:53:35 PM »

LOL Biden. He was thinking of running in 1980, 1984, 2000, 2004, and 2016, and dropped out before Iowa in 1988. 2008 was the only time he made it Iowa where he immediately dropped out afterwards.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1266 on: January 27, 2019, 08:14:56 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1267 on: January 27, 2019, 09:30:22 PM »

Here's the relevant video from the Schultz interview on 60 Minutes:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/starbucks-schultz-i-am-seriously-thinking-of-running-for-president

Here's the quote from him:

He also just started using Twitter today:

https://twitter.com/HowardSchultz
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #1268 on: January 27, 2019, 10:08:43 PM »

These tweets seem to be very political if they were the only thing to go off of I'd figure he's running. But I'm 2 wondering why he thinks this is the best way to run, he doesn't seem so moderate...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1269 on: January 28, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »

We all know HRC is not running and like others have said, need to stop encouraging this clickbait trash. Zeleny knows full well that she's not running and it's annoying he's trying to stir s*** up with his "sources."
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1270 on: January 28, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »

These tweets seem to be very political if they were the only thing to go off of I'd figure he's running. But I'm 2 wondering why he thinks this is the best way to run, he doesn't seem so moderate...

He wants to protect those upper-class tax cuts.
Joey1996

« Reply #1271 on: January 28, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »

He wants to protect those upper-class tax cuts.

Thought the same. If anything, he wants Trump to be reelected.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1272 on: January 28, 2019, 12:14:39 PM »

I got information from someone (claims to be close to Ohio Democratic Party and DNC) that Sherrod Brown would have guaranteed VP slot to somebody who will win D's primary.

Further informations on that are as follows:

- Brown would be also having a blank cheque whether to run or not in Democratic primaries, it has to be up to him only

- He was offered to be a horse of "Rust Belt Act" (whatever that name means) which is being reportedly in the works

- That guaranteed Brown's VP slot would not only limit to the winner of Dem primaries, but to any other Democratic contender, I was told that he would get also guaranteed VP offers from "everyone" contending Democratic primaries

- That case about losing a Senate seat when choosing Sherrod for VP in 2020 (because Ohio governor is a Republican) was of course being considered, but according to the informations I got the stakes in 2020 are higher than losing a Senate seat, because it goes about presidency, and such decision was taken concerning that problem

Have you ever heard of "Rust Belt Act"?

Here are the latest updates:

- Harris (her person, candidacy and campaign) have been well accepted in the circles close to DNC;

- She's ready to kinda cooperate with DNC along DNC's legislative agenda (if such thing will be suiting her needs and views). This is important, because DNC wants to and plan to coordinate the outlook of the Party with the primary candidates, and wants it all to be made run smoothly (so Bernie Bros wouldn't get DNC support);

- Staffs of Harris and Brown are have to be coordinating calendars of each own to talk around questions of "Rust Belt Act" (of which I mentioned above in the quotation);

- Brown would decide whether to start or not within two months, if he'll decide to run, he'll officially launch (like KH did last day in Oakland) his campaign on May 1st (the Labor Day) in Chicago;

- But if Brown decide not to run, he'll be in Windy City anyway and along with KH would presumably officially unveil "Rust Belt Act" in the name of the rest of Democrats and DNC;

- That thing of course, would be meaning that Brown joins Harris on her ticket.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1273 on: January 28, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »

I got information from someone (claims to be close to Ohio Democratic Party and DNC) that Sherrod Brown would have guaranteed VP slot to somebody who will win D's primary.

- Brown would be also having a blank cheque whether to run or not in Democratic primaries, it has to be up to him only

- He was offered to be a horse of "Rust Belt Act" (whatever that name means) which is being reportedly in the works

- That guaranteed Brown's VP slot would not only limit to the winner of Dem primaries, but to any other Democratic contender, I was told that he would get also guaranteed VP offers from "everyone" contending Democratic primaries

- That case about losing a Senate seat when choosing Sherrod for VP in 2020 (because Ohio governor is a Republican) was of course being considered, but according to the informations I got the stakes in 2020 are higher than losing a Senate seat, because it goes about presidency, and such decision was taken concerning that problem

- Harris (her person, candidacy and campaign) have been well accepted in the circles close to DNC;

- She's ready to kinda cooperate with DNC along DNC's legislative agenda (if such thing will be suiting her needs and views). This is important, because DNC wants to and plan to coordinate the outlook of the Party with the primary candidates, and wants it all to be made run smoothly (so Bernie Bros wouldn't get DNC support);

- Staffs of Harris and Brown are have to be coordinating calendars of each own to talk around questions of "Rust Belt Act" (of which I mentioned above in the quotation);

- Brown would decide whether to start or not within two months, if he'll decide to run, he'll officially launch (like KH did last day in Oakland) his campaign on May 1st (the Labor Day) in Chicago;

- But if Brown decide not to run, he'll be in Windy City anyway and along with KH would presumably officially unveil "Rust Belt Act" in the name of the rest of Democrats and DNC;

Wow. So Harris and Brown could form a ticket for the primary.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #1274 on: January 28, 2019, 12:59:45 PM »

Wow. So Harris and Brown could form a ticket for the primary.

that sounds like they could steamroll
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies